Plastic pitches.... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Plastic pitches....

What is with plastic pitches. I watched the Celtic match yesterday and it got me thinking, I know, scary thought. Why??? It's just not proper football I'm my eyes, and I can't see the why a football club would want one. Its it a cost issue? Is it cheaper as you don't have to cut grass or water it regularly? I don't know. Seems the club who play on a plastic pitch, if you will, would have an advantage as they play on it every other week when other clubs don't.. Do Internationals play matches on plastic pitches? Has Scotland played a competitive match on a plastic pitch? I have had an illustrious football career as you know, "The Scotsman", Govan Bhoy, and I have slid many a cnut playing on a plastic pitch, it's murder.. Hated playing on them, and there is a fair few here in Ottawa because of Canadian football. Anyhoo, I don't like it, and feel football should be played on grass. The risk of injury is even higher.  My apologies if this has been brought up before.. BR 1314🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What is with plastic pitches. I watched the Celtic match yesterday and it got me thinking, I know, scary thought. Why??? It's just not proper football I'm my eyes, and I can't see the why a football club would want one. Its it a cost issue? Is it cheaper as you don't have to cut grass or water it regularly? I don't know. Seems the club who play on a plastic pitch, if you will, would have an advantage as they play on it every other week when other clubs don't.. Do Internationals play matches on plastic pitches? Has Scotland played a competitive match on a plastic pitch? I have had an illustrious football career as you know, "The Scotsman", Govan Bhoy, and I have slid many a cnut playing on a plastic pitch, it's murder.. Hated playing on them, and there is a fair few here in Ottawa because of Canadian football. Anyhoo, I don't like it, and feel football should be played on grass. The risk of injury is even higher.  My apologies if this has been brought up before.. BR 1314🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Not much advantage for Kille and Accies last season. Agree otherwise tho totally unnatural football, rarely see a decent game on it. They shouldn't be used in the top two divisions imo.