Plastic pitches.... - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Plastic pitches....

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I see your point. I did not say They make you play better, just saying a team having played on plastic pitches more often than not, has more of an advantage to those who don't. Knowing bounce of the ball, speed of the ball, turning, runs, you get what I mean VA. Nothing would have saved Killie 2 year ago, they were just plain shite. 12 men on the park would not have saved them that year.. It's all about personal opinions, I have played on them also, and never liked them...

Every team should have an advantage on their home ground because they know the pitch and ground. I don't see any advantage for killie, livi or anyone with a plastic pitch.

I've got zero problem with them. These pitches are getting more advance too, on Wednesdays I play on qn old sand based astro pitch but on Friday I play on one the most modern 3g pitches you can get. It's a great game and it's not been the cause of any injuries

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I think it may have been Diamond scot who posted an article about how the threat of injury was hardly any greater than a grass pitch. 

Wasnt me but remember reading it. The injuries thing is a load on nonsence given most clubs train on them.

For me, a good grass pitch is always preferable however id much rather have a good artificial than an average or poor grass.

There should however be rules about maintaining them etc though. How often they are watered etc