Ukraine - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:


nato should help Ukraine defend itself.  Military response required now, both Troops and military hardware.

Top NATO geezer just said that isn't going to happen. NATO have been saying this for weeks.

I just hope Putin stops at Ukraine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Top NATO geezer just said that isn't going to happen. NATO have been saying this for weeks.

I just hope Putin stops at Ukraine.

Thats what worries me. Putin will feel emboldened and whats to stop him invading the likes of Estonia or Finland, both NATO members who share a border with Russia. Same goes for Moldova who have a pro Russia breakaway state on its eastern border. Whats to stop Putin using the old peacekeeping line to send his troops into there. 

Correct me if Im wrong but Im certain Putin was an old style hardliner who bitterly opposed the breakup of fhe USSR. Part of me is thinking he wants a return to the Warsaw Pact days. Hope to Christ I am completely wrong with this assertion 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that people on Facebook and Twitter are changing their profile pictures to Ukrainian flags Putin will surely get the message. All we need now are some Tiktok videos and this will be sorted 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Thats what worries me. Putin will feel emboldened and whats to stop him invading the likes of Estonia or Finland, both NATO members who share a border with Russia. Same goes for Moldova who have a pro Russia breakaway state on its eastern border. Whats to stop Putin using the old peacekeeping line to send his troops into there. 

Correct me if Im wrong but Im certain Putin was an old style hardliner who bitterly opposed the breakup of fhe USSR. Part of me is thinking he wants a return to the Warsaw Pact days. Hope to Christ I am completely wrong with this assertion 

I don't think Finland and Moldova are in NATO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SpecialisedOutsourcing said:

Fuck the lot of you - especially that thplinth russian agent cunt. 
and that retard Canadian postie. 
 

Snyder is pro Ukraine you throbber

So - since you never even watched any of the video but just posted abuse then that is trolling and you should be banned

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Aye? Why’s that… she was a strong leader

Argentina didnt have any Nuclear Weapons FFS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

Correct me if Im wrong but Im certain Putin was an old style hardliner who bitterly opposed the breakup of fhe USSR. Part of me is thinking he wants a return to the Warsaw Pact days. Hope to Christ I am completely wrong with this assertion 

H absolutely wants a return to the Warsaw Pact days. He was a KGB Agent in East Germany when the Berlin Wall fell. He's carrying enormous chips on his shoulders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

You only have to look at a map to see why Putin doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO. NATO have allowed more countries to join so that the "NATO border" (in the eyes of Putin anyway) has been pushed much further east since the break up of the USSR. For Putin, allowing Ukraine to join NATO is a step too far, and it seems, he isn't prepared to let it happen without a fight.

I'd imagine whatever is left of Ukraine after this (if anything) will be a shoo-in for NATO membership.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:


if putin invades a nato country all bets are off…. There would be military response.

bullies can only be dealt with in one way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_close_calls

Just imagine how much the odds of an accident increase when there is a shooting war

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, SpecialisedOutsourcing said:

Who's Snyder?

 
 
In the name of "denazification" Russia invades a country with a democratically-elected Jewish president. #Ukraine #UkraineRussia #UkraineConflict
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_close_calls

Just imagine how much the odds of an accident increase when there is a shooting war


yes, I think the risk of nuclear war is higher than it’s been for 40 years.  I am old enough to remember protect and survive.  That aside, you do not stand aside to a tyrant like putin.  You stand up to him.  If the world end, the world ends.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

You're right. Checked the pre and post 1997 NATO map. But the point of a reason for Putin potentially invading Moldova still stands. 

Lithuania declaring a state of emergency. 

Jens Stoltenberg made a speech this morning. He mentioned that Finland and Sweden had been invited to attend the NATO meeting tomorrow even though they are not NATO members. He kinda implied that Russia attacking either of them would be treated similarly to Russia attacking a NATO member country. I don't think he mentioned Moldova. Maybe they are lower on NATO's priority list. Of course NATO would quite like Sweden and Finland to be NATO members. Not sure they would be so keen on Moldova?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

I'd imagine whatever is left of Ukraine after this (if anything) will be a shoo-in for NATO membership.  

The whole country might be under Russian control for the foreseeable future. Or, Putin might settle for everything east of the Dnieper? That might depend on how much a fight is put up by the Ukraine military. At the moment I'm guessing he will take the whole country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The whole country might be under Russian control for the foreseeable future. Or, Putin might settle for everything east of the Dnieper? That might depend on how much a fight is put up by the Ukraine military. At the moment I'm guessing he will take the whole country.


Nato should be sending troops and hardware to resist this.  We will be too late otherwise…. Kiev in Russian hands by Saturday at this rate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Jens Stoltenberg made a speech this morning. He mentioned that Finland and Sweden had been invited to attend the NATO meeting tomorrow even though they are not NATO members. He kinda implied that Russia attacking either of them would be treated similarly to Russia attacking a NATO member country. I don't think he mentioned Moldova. Maybe they are lower on NATO's priority list. Of course NATO would quite like Sweden and Finland to be NATO members. Not sure they would be so keen on Moldova?

One of the BBC correspondents quoted as saying that Russia are carrying out exercises in Transnistria. Rhetoric of Russian' unfinished business' there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The whole country might be under Russian control for the foreseeable future. Or, Putin might settle for everything east of the Dnieper? That might depend on how much a fight is put up by the Ukraine military. At the moment I'm guessing he will take the whole country.

Glasnost and Perestroika seem a distant memory now.

Simplistic I know but was only a matter of time (and circumstances) to when certain Russians moved to re-establish the USSR. Part of this invasion came in from Belarus.

Edited by Och Aye
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is all very reminiscent of Georgia in 2008 when that absolute fucking bell end and stooge Mikheil Saakashvili tried to start a war with Russia and then pull in Western nations to wage it.

A big clue as to who is really behind what is going on in Ukraine is that Saaskashvili ( a Georgian politician) in an utterly bizarre move was appointed the Governor of Odessa after he was hounded out of Georgia. i.e. They are just shuffling the same war mongering arseholes from one place to the other and not even bothering disguising it. Even the Ukrainians saw through this and he was hounded out of there as well...

Very funny seeing the obsession with calling it an 'invasion' in all the western media propaganda outlets (all on script of course). They are intervening to stop atrocities being committed is what they are saying. Sounds mostly like airstrikes on military targets.

The same groups who brought the Iraq war are now just using Ukraine as a proxy to have a go at Russia. Folk falling for it hook line and sinker yet again... Putin's big sin was he thwarted their nasty little plans by helping Syria defeat ISIS. Another great bunch of guys by the way, much like the neo-nazis of Ukraine. They don't give a shit about Ukrainians anymore than they give a shit about Syrians. They are being used, it is sad to see them being mugged off and their country destroyed.

If you think they give a shit about you either you are kidding yourself on. Part of me hopes the war mongers get their war and that it comes to their doorstep for once. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Or, Putin might settle for everything east of the Dnieper?

I'd thought of that too.

Initially, I thought he'd take a bite out of the east of the country, then I looked at the Dnieper and saw a natural demarcation line cutting the country in half. Cutting Kiev in half too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...