Ukraine - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't justify anything, I asked questions. 

Maggie wouldn't kick anyones cunt in and boris won't either. Russia would eat us alive unless we had the support of the yanks.


I agree.  Should be a joint response from the west.  Instant nato membership for Ukraine, nato troops from all nations to go in and sort Russia out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:


I agree.  Should be a joint response from the west.  Instant nato membership for Ukraine, nato troops from all nations to go in and sort Russia out.

And sort out a few cunts on here too first - starting with the Canadian postie moose shagger who has corrupted just about as many minds as the fucking th plinth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Malcolm said:


I agree.  Should be a joint response from the west.  Instant nato membership for Ukraine, nato troops from all nations to go in and sort Russia out.

Giving Nato membership to Ukraine will antagonise Russia even more. 

Beating our chests and steaming in to sort out Russia needs to be a last resort, this isn't Iraq or Afghanistan, this is Russia.....one of the largest militaries in the world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Giving Nato membership to Ukraine will antagonise Russia even more. 

Beating our chests and steaming in to sort out Russia needs to be a last resort, this isn't Iraq or Afghanistan, this is Russia.....one of the largest militaries in the world. 

Sanctions will do nothing.  We are not even doing that properly.  Putin is like a school bully and needs sorted now. Sadly that will be at the cost of hundreds of thousand of lives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Is he the bully or are other nations trying to bully Russia?

One thing I never do is believe word said or printed by the western media, particularly anything from the US or the UK.. 

Why are Russia hell bent in invading Ukraine? Is it just because one man is mental? Or are other countries putting the squeeze on Russia.

According to Putin, Ukraine seeking NATO membership is an immediate threat to Russian sovereignty or something like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Who’s said it’s an invasion? 

You don't think Russia have invaded?

If we're debating whether it is an invasion or not there's a serious information deficit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, slasher said:

The 'will we get a bye to the final noo' chat on TA specific is a fuckin riddy 🙈

I brought it up ages ages ago

 

 

On 11/27/2021 at 5:33 PM, phart said:

Might get a by if Russia invades Ukraine as has been reported as maybe happening.

Not sure if anyone else made point.

Edited by phart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not really an expert on this subject but is Russia/putin trying to protect the ethic Russian ppl in Ukraine from be attacked. The whole annexing of crimea has caused alot of deaths and fighting in the region, surely the war had already started back in 2014 and this is just an escalation of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not really an expert on this subject but is Russia/putin trying to protect the ethic Russian ppl in Ukraine from be attacked. The whole annexing of crimea has caused alot of deaths and fighting in the region, surely the war had already started back in 2014 and this is just an escalation of it. 

Crimea was much more justifiable if we look at the population metrics, their wants etc.

This invasion is a lot more dubious using the same metrics I used when i "defended" Crimea at the time. All in my own opinion though. I'm far from an expert.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a mess. At stressful times like this, it would be understandable if the US and UK forget their own role in bombing and invading other countries, wars of dodgy legality and undermining of international agencies and protocols.

And we have a tinpot lapdog Churchill impersonator in charge, whose foreign policy response was to send Liz Truss to Moscow in a furry hat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, phart said:

Crimea was much more justifiable if we look at the population metrics, their wants etc.

This invasion is a lot more dubious using the same metrics I used when i "defended" Crimea at the time. All in my own opinion though. I'm far from an expert.

Yeh from what I have read crimea has a huge amount of ethnic Russians who want to be part of Russia. I am just trying to understand it from Russias point of view as in is this invasion to protect their interests in crimea or is it just a power crazy putin trying to bring a part of the empire/Union back under their control. As I said I aint an expert on the subject and have come here to see what ppls opinions are so I can try and understand what's going on better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh from what I have read crimea has a huge amount of ethnic Russians who want to be part of Russia. I am just trying to understand it from Russias point of view as in is this invasion to protect their interests in crimea or is it just a power crazy putin trying to bring a part of the empire/Union back under their control. As I said I aint an expert on the subject and have come here to see what ppls opinions are so I can try and understand what's going on better. 

Putin himself has said Ukraine isn't a real country it's a creation by Russia. His historical record is Russia should never have allowed the other states to go independent. The empire should have stayed intact etc,

Of course every country/allies all act in their own interest so NATO have been working to undermine a historical enemy in Russia for decades too etc.

It's a very complicated tangle of string. Would take years to unravel it all I think.

Personally i'm anti-war and this looks like starting a war to me. So i'm against it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to think this won't go nuclear. I think Putin is smart enough to know how far he can push it. Probably end up taking a good chunk of eastern Ukraine. Maybe all of Ukraine at a push. It's only the reaction of the USA he has to worry about. We shouldn't forget that only one nation in our history has ever used nuclear weapons in anger against human populations. 

One thing that I haven't seen too much about in the UK media is that Putin is getting on quite well with the Chinese at the moment. I mentioned that to my mate yesterday and his reaction was "What the fuk has it got to do with the Chinese?" Which is funny because my reaction is "what the fuk has it got to do with us?" 🤣

The Tories like to think we are still big players in the world. We are not.

 

Edited by Orraloon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Putin himself has said Ukraine isn't a real country it's a creation by Russia. His historical record is Russia should never have allowed the other states to go independent. The empire should have stayed intact etc,

Of course every country/allies all act in their own interest so NATO have been working to undermine a historical enemy in Russia for decades too etc.

It's a very complicated tangle of string. Would take years to unravel it all I think.

Personally i'm anti-war and this looks like starting a war to me. So i'm against it.

Yeh I would agree, seems like unnecessary aggression from putin. Territory wise Russia is the biggest country on earth yet they are greedy for more. Going to be dangerous times ahead for the planet with these egotistical leaders in charge who have access to nuclear weapons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'd like to think this won't go nuclear. I think Putin is smart enough to know how far he can push it. Probably end up taking a good chunk of eastern Ukraine. Maybe all of Ukraine at a push. It's only the reaction of the USA he has to worry about. We shouldn't forget that only one nation in our history has ever used nuclear weapons in anger against human populations. 

One thing that I haven't seen too much about in the UK media is that Putin is getting on quite well with the Chinese at the moment. I mentioned that to my mate yesterday and his reaction was "What the fuk has it got to do with the Chinese?" Which is funny because my reaction is "what the fuk has it got to do with us?" 🤣

The Tories like to think we are still big players in the world. We are not.

 

Could we be looking at a Chinese Russian alliance trying to take over the world lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'd like to think this won't go nuclear. I think Putin is smart enough to know how far he can push it. Probably end up taking a good chunk of eastern Ukraine. Maybe all of Ukraine at a push. It's only the reaction of the USA he has to worry about. We shouldn't forget that only one nation in our history has ever used nuclear weapons in anger against human populations. 

One thing that I haven't seen too much about in the UK media is that Putin is getting on quite well with the Chinese at the moment. I mentioned that to my mate yesterday and his reaction was "What the fuk has it got to do with the Chinese?" Which is funny because my reaction is "what the fuk has it got to do with us?" 🤣

The Tories like to think we are still big players in the world. We are not.

 

Putin is a poodle to China, this is the stress test before China goes into Tiawan. Is one scenario i've seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You only have to look at a map to see why Putin doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO. NATO have allowed more countries to join so that the "NATO border" (in the eyes of Putin anyway) has been pushed much further east since the break up of the USSR. For Putin, allowing Ukraine to join NATO is a step too far, and it seems, he isn't prepared to let it happen without a fight.

The UK media "went tonto" because Putin put tanks all around the border of Ukraine. At that time they were still on Russian soil. From Putin's point of view, he sees the USA having troops and nuclear weapons stationed around the borders of Russia. Those USA troops and nuclear weapons are about 5000 miles away from home. I can see why Putin feels threatened.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, phart said:

Crimea was much more justifiable if we look at the population metrics, their wants etc.

This invasion is a lot more dubious using the same metrics I used when i "defended" Crimea at the time. All in my own opinion though. I'm far from an expert.

Crimea is a lot more complicated.  As you said, there’s more support for Russia there amongst the population, it’s also not historically part of Ukraine, it only became part of Ukraine in the 1950s when Kruschev - himself Ukrainian - redrew the mao and gifted it to Ukraine.  The Donbas appears to have more support from the population who voted pretty heavily in favour of being an independent republic in 1991.

As an aside, the Soviet Union was of course a great proponent of Russification, forced repatriation of ethnic Russians into the other republics and vice-versa.   I recall talking to a Ukrainian co-worker a few years ago and he was telling me how his family was originally from Western Ukraine, which was actually historically part of Poland and his grandparents were “evacuated” to the Donbas as they were considered to be too risky to have close to the border,,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I'd like to think this won't go nuclear. I think Putin is smart enough to know how far he can push it. Probably end up taking a good chunk of eastern Ukraine. Maybe all of Ukraine at a push. It's only the reaction of the USA he has to worry about. We shouldn't forget that only one nation in our history has ever used nuclear weapons in anger against human populations. 

One thing that I haven't seen too much about in the UK media is that Putin is getting on quite well with the Chinese at the moment. I mentioned that to my mate yesterday and his reaction was "What the fuk has it got to do with the Chinese?" Which is funny because my reaction is "what the fuk has it got to do with us?" 🤣

The Tories like to think we are still big players in the world. We are not.

 


nato should help Ukraine defend itself.  Military response required now, both Troops and military hardware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:


surely you are not justifying this invasion?  I’m sure putin doesn’t like the possibility that Ukraine will join nato but it’s nothing to do with him.  Ukraine is a sovereign nation.

it’s moments like this that I wonder what Maggie would do….  She would go and kick his kunt in.

 

You are an idiot. Stfu about Thatcher! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...