Ukraine - Page 74 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Poland to the USA "Could you retaliate"

USA to Poland "No not at this time"

Poland and Ukraine to the USA "Could you instagate a no fly zone and shoot down Russian missiles and planes"

USA to Poland and Ukraine "No not at this time"

think it will depend on the analysis and what it shows.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1621095382771175426.html

The Wagner Group's 'human wave' attacks, which have left the area around Bakhmut and Soledar strewn with the bodies of dead Wagner fighters, have been described in detail by a Russian source. It explains the brutal calculations behind Wagner's seemingly suicidal tactics

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think Thplinth is banned - he and Aaid had a rather personal falling out. Thread got deleted

If he was banned we wouldnt see his posts

Probably just a suspension and he is in the huff

It's Tartan Tonna that needs permanently banned

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If he was banned we wouldnt see his posts

Probably just a suspension and he is in the huff

It's Tartan Tonna that needs permanently banned

That’s not how it works, when someone is banned, their posts don’t automatically disappear.   Posts only disappear if mods delete them one by one or delete the whole thread.

He crossed a line.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64566582

Notorious Russian nationalist Igor Mangushev shot dead in Ukraine

Notorious Russian army captain and mercenary Igor Mangushev has died in hospital, days after he was shot in the head at close range in occupied Ukraine, his friends have said.

Mangushev's wife Tatyana described his killing as an execution.

An extreme nationalist, Mangushev said Russia was not at war with people, but with an idea of Ukraine as an "anti-Russian state", and it did not matter how many Ukrainians died.

Mangushev emerged from a neo-Nazi movement to co-found private mercenary group Yenot (raccoon).

• 3 months later...

Wagner Nazis turn on Russian Leadership (possibly)

This was the basis of films like Airforce One and Crimson Tide

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Wagner Nazis turn on Russian Leadership (possibly)

This was the basis of films like Airforce One and Crimson Tide

I don't know about you or others.  But anything that can get rid Putin must be an improvement.  The amount of Russian and Ukraine soldiers and civilians who have died.  Hopefully the Russians will now have the strength to stand up now against him and his Billionaire friends.  A civil war there is coming.  

6 minutes ago, SamP said:

I don't know about you or others.  But anything that can get rid Putin must be an improvement.  The amount of Russian and Ukraine soldiers and civilians who have died.  Hopefully the Russians will now have the strength to stand up now against him and his Billionaire friends.  A civil war there is coming.  

The worry is what comes after Putin (as emphasised in Airforce One and Crimson Tide)

When it came to Libya and Iraq etc nobody gave a fuck because they didn't have nukes

Can you imagine the head of Wagner replacing Putin ?

30 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The worry is what comes after Putin (as emphasised in Airforce One and Crimson Tide)

When it came to Libya and Iraq etc nobody gave a fuck because they didn't have nukes

Can you imagine the head of Wagner replacing Putin ?

I don't think it can be anything worse than Putin and hopefully if he is overthrown negotiations can take place between Russia and the West.  I was telling my pal yesterday I stayed in Odessa when we played Moldova.  It is a scary place run by Mafia.  They were great with us but I wouldn't like to stay there.  Hopefully the tide is turning.

Putin claiming this all western propoganda.  When the whole world is watching it (and him) live on every TV channel.  The Wagner Group are mercenaries.  That word says in itself they will work for the highest bidder.

4 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Anyone forsee this a week ago?

It’s - or something like this - has been on the cards for a couple of months.  Prigozhin has been getting more and more vocally critical of the leadership and direction on the war. 

51 minutes ago, aaid said:

It’s - or something like this - has been on the cards for a couple of months.  Prigozhin has been getting more and more vocally critical of the leadership and direction on the war. 

Yes, I'd noticed his growing criticism but still surprised at how events are unfolding.