Ukraine - Page 66 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Looks like putin might use tactical nukes in either ukraine or near ukraine. If that happens tensions in the world will be unbearable.

Interesting times ahead.

It will be the last act of a desperate man

Whilst the World's media are putting it down as "sabre rattling" thankfully those in charge are taking him for his word and are expecting it to happen

"Tactical" nuclear weapons can still be catastophic even without the fallout

It is almost certain he will be taken out from inside

The Chinese must be fucking raging. Not only are they dealing with the moron in North Korea but now Putin is upping the ante

They will be getting twitchy

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It will be the last act of a desperate man

Whilst the World's media are putting it down as "sabre rattling" thankfully those in charge are taking him for his word and are expecting it to happen

"Tactical" nuclear weapons can still be catastophic even without the fallout

It is almost certain he will be taken out from inside

The Chinese must be fucking raging. Not only are they dealing with the moron in North Korea but now Putin is upping the ante

They will be getting twitchy

I dont think he will be taken out. Hes heading to a secret bunker apparently so it would have to be one of his close allies who kills him. 

I find it amazing that alot of the mainstream media are not running this as their main story. Bbc news has barely anything on it. Surely putin using a tactical nuke is headline news that should worry the entire world. 

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

It will be if and when he does so. 

We are already at the "if" stage. Every news outlet in the world should be running this as their main story. If He fires a tactical nuke off then the tension between russia and the west will be insane and ppl around the world need to think about seriously planning for the apocalypse. Panic buying etc. I am surprised its not already happening.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

We are already at the "if" stage. Every news outlet in the world should be running this as their main story. If He fires a tactical nuke off then the tension between russia and the west will be insane and ppl around the world need to think about seriously planning for the apocalypse. Panic buying etc. I am surprised its not already happening.

You have answered your own question there - Panicking everyone is what Putin wants

The bottom line is that if you even threaten Nuclear escalation and catastrophe then your time is up

The key will be how the Russian establishment/oligarchs do it whilst saving face  

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You have answered your own question there - Panicking everyone is what Putin wants

The bottom line is that if you even threaten Nuclear escalation and catastrophe then your time is up

The key will be how the Russian establishment/oligarchs do it whilst saving face  

What? I havent answered my own question.

Everyone should be panicking. I find it strange that ppl are so relaxed and most ppl just seem to rather put their head in the sand. Maybe thats what you doing.

so your suggesting hes bluffing?

I seriously dont think he is. 

What are the oligarchs and russian establishment going to do? They have had plenty of time already to do something and they have done nothing.

14 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

What? I havent answered my own question.

Everyone should be panicking. I find it strange that ppl are so relaxed and most ppl just seem to rather put their head in the sand. Maybe thats what you doing.

so your suggesting hes bluffing?

I seriously dont think he is. 

What are the oligarchs and russian establishment going to do? They have had plenty of time already to do something and they have done nothing.

You saw what happened when the public panicked about a Covid lockdown ?

What is the point in unnecessarily panicking everyone on something that "might not" happen ?

In any event afaik he has only threatened tactical nuclear attack rather than strategic therefore it would only affect Ukraine in the first instance

There has been reportedly 7 assassination attempts on Putin already and thats before he threatened nuclear warfare

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You saw what happened when the public panicked about a Covid lockdown ?

What is the point in unnecessarily panicking everyone on something that "might not" happen ?

In any event afaik he has only threatened tactical nuclear attack rather than strategic therefore it would only affect Ukraine in the first instance

There has been reportedly 7 assassination attempts on Putin already and thats before he threatened nuclear warfare

So lets just ignore it and hope everything works out ok. Nah i would rather the media keep us properly updated on what could be the beginning of the end. 

He strikes ukraine then we are talking a matter of time before the west decides to step in. Unless of course the world is happy to see ukraine wiped out as long as the rest of us are ok.

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Other than Putin making unsubtle threats what evidence is there that this is being actively planned?

Is there any intelligence that supports mobilisation, are deployment systems being moved into position, are Russian troops being supplied with radiation protection kit?

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

So lets just ignore it and hope everything works out ok. Nah i would rather the media keep us properly updated on what could be the beginning of the end. 

He strikes ukraine then we are talking a matter of time before the west decides to step in. Unless of course the world is happy to see ukraine wiped out as long as the rest of us are ok.

Could you post some photos of your current war cupboard panic-buy stockpile, radiation suits and bunker? 

You sound like you are prepared. 

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Other than Putin making unsubtle threats what evidence is there that this is being actively planned?

Is there any intelligence that supports mobilisation, are deployment systems being moved into position, are Russian troops being supplied with radiation protection kit?

Check google. Seems like its inevitable that hes going to use them. Hes reported to be holed up in a bunker a long way from moscow. 

4 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Could you post some photos of your current war cupboard panic-buy stockpile, radiation suits and bunker? 

You sound like you are prepared. 

I know your ripping the piss but its seriously something most of us should consider as we could be looking at nuclear winter for those of us lucky enough to be out of harms way.

Stockpiling food is probably a smart thing to do right now.

20 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

This is the thing - that doesnt happen with battlefield tactical nuclear weapons and Ukraine is massive

If a hiroshima bomb (15 kt) , which is far more powerful than a tactical warhead, was detonated in Luhansk then the civilian casualties would be roughly 1000

If however it was detonated in say Kiev then the casualties would be 160,000

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

13 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I know your ripping the piss but its seriously something most of us should consider as we could be looking at nuclear winter for those of us lucky enough to be out of harms way.

I am partly ripping the piss but if you believe as strongly as you are preaching then I don’t see why you wouldn’t be the first to prepare.  

And if so, I’d be intrigued to see your setup. Just as a bit of morbid curiosity. 🙂

59 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Cam Doon hen 😂

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is the thing - that doesnt happen with battlefield tactical nuclear weapons and Ukraine is massive

If a hiroshima bomb (15 kt) , which is far more powerful than a tactical warhead, was detonated in Luhansk then the civilian casualties would be roughly 1000

If however it was detonated in say Kiev then the casualties would be 160,000

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Well the whole of ukraine wont be wiped out but large swathes of it could be plus large casualties causing them to surrender. 

Very interesting points from Greenwald.

Especially about how people are afraid to speak out against what is being done for fear of being smeared as unpatriotic (or an agent of Putin even).

Been very illuminating seeing who fell into what roles during all of this.