Ukraine - Page 63 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to everything in the Western media Ukraine is losing badly. Empire of lies?

Russia will retain the entire south coast of Ukraine / the black sea all the way to Moldova. Cutting off rump-Ukraine to the black sea completely. Just Odessa to take... and it is Russian so it will fall willingly.

What remains of Ukraine will be carved up by its neighbours with perhaps a small US funded neo nazi statelet somewhere in amongst the scraps.

As Ukraine's usefulness wanes so does our interest in it... as this thread evidences.

IMHO history will look back on this as the pivotal moment in the decline of the American empire. The Ukrainians were utterly used by the West. Hopefully they wake up to it like the Chechens did.

Edited by thplinth

Yeah Ukraine are doing that badly that the Russians are threatening to execute prisoners

Thats what you do when you are winning

Russia will retain all the areas of Ukraine that consider themselves ethnic Russian.

So the East but also the entire south coast to Moldova (where Russia has a key military base). 

They will legally legitimize this through referendum in each region / oblast (just as Scotland planned to do to leave the UK).

What remains of Ukraine they will not give too much of fuck about other than to make sure it represent zero threat to them now and going forward.

By the time that negotiation happens Russia will be even more dominant in Ukraine. 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

As Ukraine's usefulness wanes so does our interest in it... as this thread evidences.

Not sure it is interest waning, its more like there isn't really much new to say.

2 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Not sure it is interest waning, its more like there isn't really much new to say.

Unless you are ignoring Russian war crimes, promoting Steve Bannon Alt Right Russian propaganda and still going down the route that the Ukranian Government are Nazis 

On 6/9/2022 at 8:00 PM, thplinth said:

Contrary to everything in the Western media Ukraine is losing badly. Empire of lies?

Russia will retain the entire south coast of Ukraine / the black sea all the way to Moldova. Cutting off rump-Ukraine to the black sea completely. Just Odessa to take... and it is Russian so it will fall willingly.

What remains of Ukraine will be carved up by its neighbours with perhaps a small US funded neo nazi statelet somewhere in amongst the scraps.

IMHO history will look back on this as the pivotal moment in the decline of the American empire. The Ukrainians were utterly used by the West. Hopefully they wake up to it like the Chechens did.

Tbh i dont think ppl want to continue discussing the subject with you. You seem to be on the wind up or you are genuinely on another planet from the rest of us.

8 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbh i dont think ppl want to continue discussing the subject with you. You seem to be on the wind up or you are genuinely on another planet from the rest of us.

Two other posters replied to his post so I'm not sure what you are on about.

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin likened himself to Russian monarch Peter the Great, the tsar who led a conquest of the Baltic coast during his 18th-century war against Sweden.

Putin also spoke of his country’s need to “take back” territory and “defend itself” as the Kremlin’s forces continued a grinding war of attrition in eastern Ukraine on Thursday.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/6/9/putin-likens-self-to-tsar-hints-at-russian-territory-expansion

Imperialism is a hell of a drug. Every imperliast war of aggression has "excuses" for it. It seems to trick folk some of the time dependent on biases.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

😀 The guy is an absolute nugget. Here are his (ignored) replies to my posts or posts about me just in the last few pages, I got bored looking after that.

It is me ignoring him but sadly some folk just don't get the message. 

On 4/25/2022 at 5:25 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Have they ignored it? Theres loads of articles and news reports on the azov battalion being right wing. Just google azov battalion and it comes up with countless articles about them being right wing nazi fanatics.

Its not the most relevant story compared to the overall invasion of ukraine. Its very much a side story that is used by oddballs on here like plinth who sadly use it as justification for the invasion of ukraine and the atrocities committed against the ukrainian ppl.

Do you think putins goal is to denazify ukraine?

Do you think the reason putin is in ukraine is to eradicate the azov battalion?

Do you think the azov battalion being nazi sympathisers is justification for russias invasion?

On 4/26/2022 at 8:03 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Like plinth you have ignored the other simple questions i have asked. Why is that? They are simple questions which any putin sympathiser should be able to answer.

On 4/10/2022 at 1:17 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Basically putin has unleashed some horrible beasts into ukraine and you think this is acceptable because ukraine needs to be denazified. Try explaining that to the 11 year old boy whos been raped infront of his mother. Basically The plinth thinks your country needs denazified therefore you and your ppl must suffer rape and murder by an invading force. 

Surely you must see how daft you are coming across here.

If these reports are all lies and propaganda then i am happy to be corrected and will happily admit i am wrong but i very much doubt they are.

On 4/10/2022 at 1:05 AM, mccaughey85 said:

The reason i told you to google it is because i dont have the time nor energy to be posting the countless links to news reports of rape of women in ukraine. Its a bit like you asking me to provide links to reports of jimmy savilles victims stories. I dont have time to convince you that women and children are being raped. The worrying thing is you are unable to look up the information yourself and find out what russia is really doing. You seem to want to delude yourself and double down on your nonsense, for what reason i dont know. 

If you genuinely think the countless reports of women being raped in ukraine are newspaper lies then just say so and explain why instead of making daft comments like 'mcgoebbels'. 

On 4/10/2022 at 12:09 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Trying to justify the raping of woman and kids in ukraine is strange behaviour, not sure you are the full shilling buddy.

On 4/10/2022 at 12:05 AM, mccaughey85 said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/one-soldier-raped-me-then-the-other-as-my-son-cried-7xbqwzdqw

Theres one womans story but if you google the words 'ukraine rape' you will find countless stories of woman being raped. Theres even reports of kids being raped. An 11 year old boy got raped. I would guess you think this is all lies and propaganda or perhaps you think these rape victims needed de- nazification by russian war heroes.

Gotta give you credit for being this stubborn and doubling down on your daftness. 

On 4/9/2022 at 11:48 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Whataboutery wont wash here, all atrocities should be condemned. I will ask again, are these reports fake? If so then be a man and answer the question. 

On 4/9/2022 at 11:45 PM, mccaughey85 said:

I think its best for your own good to take a step away from the keyboard buddy. Your saying the daftest of stuff and its not making you look smart or tough.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:08 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Eh? Whats that supposed to mean? 

Are these atrocities not happening or is it all lies and propaganda?

On 3/17/2022 at 6:22 AM, mccaughey85 said:

The russian language wasnt banned, a quick online search will show that it wasnt. Also zelensky was elected democratically, if thats who the ukrainian ppl want as President then why should that be a problem to russia.

The low level warfare appears to have started because russia basically invaded and took control of crimea. Ukraine responded to this aggression with their own aggression to the point where russia hace decided to invade.

Trying to spin and twist this into some kind nato/west masterplan to destroy russia is bullshit imo. If countries want to stick together to prevent them being attacked then thats their business. Trying to paint ukraine as the aggressor here just doesnt wash with me. They invaded ukrainian territory(crimea) and there was a backlash. What did they expect would happen.

Also if ukraine want to develop nuclear weapons then who are russia to tell them they cant. Maybe if ukraine had nuclear weapons putin would of thought twice about invading them.

Do you agree with the invading of ukraine and annexing of crimea in 2014?

On 3/13/2022 at 11:26 PM, mccaughey85 said:

I know you dont like to answer my questions but what is the end game here for putin and russia?

Do they want to just remove the "nazis" from ukraine and install a pro russian government or are they looking to take more ukrainian territories(eastern areas) like they did crimea?

What do you think this invasion will result in for ukraine and russia?

On 3/4/2022 at 1:40 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Maybe you could answer the simple questions I asked you. 

On 3/3/2022 at 1:49 PM, mccaughey85 said:

Is there any other countries or prominent figures who think Ukraine is a nazi state? 

Very few countries support this crusade against the Ukraine. Are these countries pro nazi?

On 3/3/2022 at 10:54 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Thats a weak response, I have no hatred towards Russia, quite the opposite tbh. 

Do you think this invasion is to do with defeating neo nazis in ukraine? 

If putin had came out and simply said we believe crimea is part of Russia and we want to protect our Russian ppl who live there I would probably be understanding of his viewpoint. His waffling on about neo nazis and nato becoming too powerful is crazy talk and makes him look daft. 

Can you provide evidence of nato ever attacking Russia? 

On 2/26/2022 at 10:34 AM, mccaughey85 said:

That speech sounds like the incoherent ramblings of a madman whos pissed off that western countries have banded together(nato) to prevent themselves fighting with each other and being invaded meanwhile his beloved ussr/russia has become weaker and he doesn't like that. 

Not sure how you can read that and possibly believe his invasion of Ukraine is somehow righteous or justified. 

There maybe is some justified reasons for putins actions but it's strange that you think this speech has any. 

On 6/9/2022 at 11:14 PM, Lamia said:

Well I think we are witnessing a huge pivotal event (one way or the other) in geo-political history. It also could be the start of a nuclear war, much bigger chance than anything I lived through growing up during the cold war. It will also have huge economic ramifications which have yet to really or fully manifest. There is also the question of who is actually 'winning'.

I read the russian media and listen to a couple of Russian bloggers and overall (IMHO) their media is much more honest than ours. The BBC is just running with every thing the Ukrainians are telling them so it is mostly propaganda pieces. I was surprised to hear that Russia is only using about 10% of their armed forces. We are sending Ukraine longer range missiles knowing full well they will be used to target population centres in Russia and the Russians have promised to retaliate 'striking targets never hit before'.

Look at the foamers on this thread. It is off the scale as far propaganda levels, brings out the absolute nutters and outright mis-info geezers.

So I think we are in the middle of a massively important event, the true significance of which is yet to unfold. That is why at least I post about it. It is after all the subject of the thread.

The good thing is events will eventually clarify and we will eventually see for ourselves what happened. If we live. 

6 hours ago, thplinth said:

😀 The guy is an absolute nugget. Here are his (ignored) replies to my posts or posts about me just in the last few pages, I got bored looking after that.

It is me ignoring him but sadly some folk just don't get the message. 

I was initially happy to discuss the subject with you but as you can see through all the posts you have listed you refused to answer the most basic questions. I think you are so far from reality that its hard to get any sense from you and have a meaningful discussion. In the end i gave up. 

20 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Yeh tbf i should just speak for myself and not others.

End of the day the guys spouted nonsense and refused to answer any simple questions i asked him. At first i tried to understand his side and i asked him genuine questions so that i could understand why he has his viewpoints but as you can see from looking back through the pages he refused to engage in any meaningful discussion.

In the end i just gave up. I get the feeling thats what a few ppl have done but obviously thats just my opinion/theory. Hes still got one or two ppl interested in discussing it with him by the looks of it. Good luck to the guy, i aint got any real gripe with him.

• 2 weeks later...

When the soviet union broke up Russia agreed to the current border with Lithuania on the condition that there was a permanent and untouchable rail corridor to Kaliningrad. 

This is a violation of that agreement, no rail corridor no recognition of the border, and it is being orchestrated by the US using a NATO country. Russia has apparently sent a written warning to Lithuania. They did this with Ukraine as well shortly before they invaded. I don't think they will invade Lithuania but something is coming be sure of that.

The sanctions are far worse for us in Europe than they are for Russia. So therefore they are a bad idea. We are not succeeding in geo-politically isolating Russia, we are in fact isolating ourselves. The sanctions will also have zero impact on the military outcome in Ukraine.

All of this is about the US trying to maintain dominance. And they are throwing us in Europe under the bus in an effort to hold on to it. It is going to fail IMHO and we will pay a heavy price for it.

There is a real chance it descends into nuclear war as well. Kaliningrad is another very dangerous provocation similar to cutting off the water supply to the whole of the Crimean peninsula. I'd say that is a clear act of war. i.e. a NATO country just committed an act of war against Russia. 

(One thing though if it does kick off I'd pay money to see the bewildered pregnant look on Malcom's face when he sees the mushroom cloud go up. Be the last thing I see but it would give me a chuckle as I get incinerated.)

Edited by thplinth

27 minutes ago, thplinth said:

When the soviet union broke up Russia agreed to the current border with Lithuania on the condition that there was a permanent and untouchable rail corridor to Kaliningrad. 

This is a violation of that agreement, no rail corridor no recognition of the border, and it is being orchestrated by the US using a NATO country. Russia has apparently sent a written warning to Lithuania. They did this with Ukraine as well shortly before they invaded. I don't think they will invade Lithuania but something is coming be sure of that.

The sanctions are far worse for us in Europe than they are for Russia. So therefore they are a bad idea. We are not succeeding in geo-politically isolating Russia, we are in fact isolating ourselves. The sanctions will also have zero impact on the military outcome in Ukraine.

All of this is about the US trying to maintain dominance. And they are throwing us in Europe under the bus in an effort to hold on to it. It is going to fail IMHO and we will pay a heavy price for it.

There is a real chance it descends into nuclear war as well. Kaliningrad is another very dangerous provocation similar to cutting off the water supply to the whole of the Crimean peninsula. I'd say that is a clear act of war. i.e. a NATO country just committed an act of war against Russia. 

(One thing though if it does kick off I'd pay money to see the bewildered pregnant look on Malcom's face when he sees the mushroom cloud go up. Be the last thing I see but it would give me a chuckle as I get incinerated.)

Taiwan and all - China getting the dong out:

Taiwan sends jets to warn off Chinese planes in air defence zone | Military News | Al Jazeera

The US are absolutely shitting themselves about the Solomon Islands.  

Was watching something on Stepan Bandera and it gave some historical insight into the Nazi collaborators of WWII and the link to a certain part of present day Ukraine (and Poland).

You have to go back to the Austro-Hungarian empire.

1280px-Austria_Hungary_ethnic.svg.png

That region in the North- East that today is part of Southern Poland and Eastern Ukraine... Galicia.

This was a backward rural part of the Austro-Hungarian empire and it is this region that collaborated with Hitler and from here that nearly all the modern day Ultranationalists / Nazis come from today. It is very limited geographically (compared to the rest of the Ukraine but they are well organized violent extremists backed by the US state department). It also shows why the Poles are so active. Lot of bad blood with Russia going back a very long time.

If you want to know what is the Nazi part of Ukraine it is that yellow part of the former Galicia. Some of the cities there openly have statues to Bandera. A guy who fought on the side of Hitler.

Note the extent of the Russian Empire as well.

Austro_Hungary_1000.jpg?itok=gRvnj2Uw

Edited by thplinth

On 6/24/2022 at 10:04 AM, thplinth said:

Was watching something on Stepan Bandera and it gave some historical insight into the Nazi collaborators of WWII and the link to a certain part of present day Ukraine (and Poland).

This is nothing new. Everybody with a knowledge of WW2 knows this.

Having suffered under Stalin's rule, it's no surprise some Ukrainians fought for the other side.

There were Nazi collaborators all over Europe. In Hungary, Romania, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia.

Present day, there are neo-Nazi's all over - Including inside Russia.

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

This is nothing new. Everybody with a knowledge of WW2 knows this.

Having suffered under Stalin's rule, it's no surprise some Ukrainians fought for the other side.

There were Nazi collaborators all over Europe. In Hungary, Romania, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia.

Present day, there are neo-Nazi's all over - Including inside Russia.

He knows this and if he doesnt it has been mentioned on this thread before

Wasting your time

Surprised he hasnt posted Glenn Greenwald's latest rant yet