Ukraine - Page 49 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Wagner Group ........ or played a part in killing civilians

It happens in War

There was nae Geneva Convention in Ostland

It's a war crime whoever it is done to.

Reports of loads of cases of rape by Russian troops as well. Russia and China only countries to abstain when the UN resolution on womans rights on conflcit were voted on. US threatened to veto it as well cause of obortion rights.

So the the three largest exporters of human misery on a page together.

Ugly, ugly shit.

Which is why wars of agression are always bad.

Well it does appear to be Ukrainian soldiers torturing Russian ones if you accept what RT are reporting...

The video footage is really bad. I watched a bit but don't think I can watch any more. The damage done by these assault rifles is different level. So this is really shocking to be doing this to someone in cold blood. Savage.

From RT:

Russia has launched a probe after graphic video emerged online, purporting to show the torture of prisoners of war at the hands of Ukrainian servicemen.

“The video circulating online shows captured soldiers being shot in the legs with medical assistance,” the country’s Investigative Committee said in a statement on Sunday.

The head of the body, Alexander Bastrykin, has ordered “investigators to establish all the circumstances of the incident, collect and record evidence and identify all the persons involved in it to subsequently bring them to justice.” While it was not immediately clear where or when the disturbing videos were shot, some reports indicate the incident unfolded at a military compound located in the eastern Ukrainian region of Kharkov, which is used by “nationalist” units, the committee added.

Multiple disturbing clips apparently filmed at the same unknown facility, emerged online over the weekend. The videos are so extremely graphic that RT is unable to share them.

The footage shows multiple people, apparently Russian prisoners of war, lying on the ground. All of the servicemen appear to be heavily beaten and have leg wounds.

The injured soldiers are interrogated by armed men, many of whom are wearing blue armbands commonly used by Ukrainian units. Some of the wounded personnel apparently died during the interrogation. Footage also shows three other prisoners ordered out of a van and shot in their legs at a point-blank range.

The extreme cruelty displayed in the videos has garnered condemnation, even from pro-Ukrainian figures. The founder of the US-government funded Bellingcat “investigative journalism” outlet Eliot Higgins, for instance, has described it as “very serious incident” and called for a “further investigation” of the disturbing imagery.

https://www.rt.com/russia/552804-moscow-investigates-alleged-footage-of/

On 3/26/2022 at 8:16 PM, Ally Bongo said:

You asked a specific question

We keep getting told what Putin planned and thinks when I fail to see how it is possible to know.

And i gave you the answer - intelligence from within the Kremlin

That is what is plain and simple - and only that

Eh no it isn't

On 3/26/2022 at 8:06 PM, phart said:

We might very well be getting played or more likely Ukraine is being used as a proxy. However as soon as you invade you're in the wrong.

It was wrong when we invaded countries it is wrong when other countries invade. Everyone has excuses why their invasion is a noble one.

It never is.

Agreed!

On 3/27/2022 at 6:18 PM, phart said:

Not seen it, been deliberately avoiding anything like that.

They've been parading folk about all over the place which is wrong.

mistreating prisoners is a war crime. Also becomes open season on ukraine POW as well.

However

"To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Reckon itr is all a bit Mad Max in Mariupol.

50 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Eh no it isn't

You have a chance to install a bunker to your new hoose so i suggest you get on with that instead of blacking my white !

The Russians took journalists into Donbass one of whom was an Italian guy. He has made some waves by posting a 'vent' on youtube about the situation in Ukraine (and back in Italy). Worth listening to as he is one of the few western journalists actually there talking to people. 

Problem is it is in Italian and he is 'venting' as he calls it.

You can turn on auto translate on the subtitles and it is not bad but below is a rough translation by someone else.

He says the Russians are winning and it is going according to plan amongst other things. That would fit the lack of real news on our side.

March 27, 2022 - Drafting

The outburst of Giorgio Bianchi , an Italian journalist and documentary photographer specializing in war reportage , who bravely went to Ukraine , in the independence republics of Donbass , is making the rounds of social media, especially on Telegram, to document what is happening.

We transcribe here almost all of his outburst (source: The Arthicolist ) in our opinion more than shareable ...

7954AEB2-40BA-4E8D-9461-B385244E50A5-150

" Hello everyone,

I was here ... I was editing the images I made in these two days in Mariupol and, in the meantime, I scroll through the news on Telegram: I see  what is happening in Italy and ... I felt the need to say a few words; I don't know, I don't ... I know if I'll be able to choose the right words; I don't know if I'll find the right terms… but I have to say something: I have to say it; I had to stop: I had to stop working and say something; I don't know what yet, but I have to say something.

The first thing is that the spectacle that comes from Italy is grotesque: grotesque! 
You hear about "fourth doses", "fifth doses", of ... "better do it now"; "Better to do it in autumn", [...]
That is! 'We have the world on the brink of the Third World War and in Italy there is' someone who speaks of "third doses", "fourth doses"; “The masks”, “the children? Yes-no-maybe "... you see conductors and conductors who go on television with the mask that looks like Daisuke from" Grendizer ", I don't know if you remember it ... it's a hallucinating show: I no longer even remember where I put the mask; since I arrived in Russia I don't even know if I still have it, the mask; I go into the hospitals, I leave the hospitals ... I go into the shops: hug, kiss, eat with the same fork, with the same spoon from the same plate, I collect the food that falls on the ground, I see people cooking on the street ... and I see those people that in Italy that speaks of third and fourth doses: it is hallucinating, believe me… and at the same time they hope for the Third World War; I have spoken several times about the decline of civilization… but I think we never had a civilization: we never had it! And therefore we will never be able to win against these people because we ... we are no longer anything: we are no longer anything!

I see people going on television, talking… talking about the present, about morality; of the just, of "Putin is a criminal"; and there is no before, there is no after… it is the now: “Putin is a criminal”, period. 
If he is a Putin criminal, we are ten times more ... we are ten times more!

It is the anniversary of the destruction of Belgrade: Vice-Premier Mattarella, Premier the Communist D'Alema; tons of depleted uranium bombs dropped on a European capital: against civilians ... on the basis of what? Of a fake news.

And then, after? Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan… but they don't want to hear about this: if you remind them they don't want to hear about it! If he is a criminal Putin, he is a criminal Bush-father, Bush-son, Obama, Clinton, Mattarella… because he must be said! He must be said! Enough! Enough of this story: the nations, and the powers are not listening to what the jerk in question says; they are not there to decide what is moral and what is not moral: nations and powers do what needs to be done! And they are not like us, here in Italy:
“Yes, we sanction”, “No, that's enough Netflix”, “No, the oak: let's disqualify the oak from the competition, so we spite Russia”; that other demented: "let's lower the temperature to 18 °" ... but do we realize ?!

This is a crazy world! You have completely lost the knowledge of reality: you are fighting with nonsense against the tanks ... against the bombs! Russia will not go back: I tell you! She is not losing, she is winning! She is all going according to plan: she is in no hurry; she got ready for eight years: they didn't wake up the other morning, a month ago, and they said: “-What are we going to do today? Let's invade Ukraine! "; no, gentlemen: it is we who have not prepared ourselves for this; the Americans had the plans, the Russians had the plans ... those who had no idea what was going to happen are the Italians, the Germans, the Austrians, the Ukrainians ... who were dragged into the middle (the Ukrainians ) and are led by a madman who does not control anything: an actor who is playing a part! He doesn't control anything! Neo-Nazi battalions do not control them! The neo-Nazi battalions [...] I take people at random, I interview them: I take and I say "you, you, and you" and they talk saying "they caught us and they put us in the cellar", "they prevented us from going out ”,“ They told us that everything was under control ”! They don't tell you they shot people to keep them from getting out; they cleared apartments, sent people down and stayed in the apartments shooting… neo-Nazi battalions!

Then, read in the Huffington Post: “but they read Kant”… Kant… they read Kant… but enter! I entered their bases: swastikas, symbols of the SS, books on Mussolini ... then, we make two browns like this for CasaPound and Forza Nuova (?) Then, here, there are the real Nazis who hold one hostage state: a state that has never been a democratic state since 2014, since the neo-Nazi coup: there is no democracy in Ukraine! Does not exist! The so-called “pro-Russian” President Yanukovyč was the last democratically elected President… and he was not pro-Russian! Because if he had been pro-Russian he would have repressed Maiden in blood, he would have taken a bloodbath; the neo-Nazis would have exterminated them in Maiden… but he wasn't pro-Russian because he didn't; he didn't, ok? Since then the country (Ukraine) has been entirely in the hands of neo-Nazis and oligarchs, okay? And this situation is the result!

But then they send around the actor, the artist, the comedian: the "presentable face"; they send fictions on television, gossip: there is nothing true! Here it is true that we are committing suicide on behalf of NATO; Russia doesn't have the slightest problem! Russia has wheat, wheat, raw materials, oil, gas ... a boundless, underpopulated territory! They don't need living space: they can sit there and wait for us to go around making firewood and warming us up with firewood from our public parks.

But what does it take to figure it out ?! They must be stopped by any means, they must be stopped: turn off the televisions, they must be stopped! Mario Draghi must be stopped by any means! He is a foreign agent! He must be stopped by any means! But how can I tell you? But what do they have to do to you ... but what more do they have to do to you ?!

Fourth doses, fifth doses… healthy people who can't go into a bar for a coffee! People who can't go to work and say "let's bring Ukrainian doctors": they don't speak the language, you don't know what degree they have, you don't know if they have experience, you don't know if they're vaccinated, and you don't care if they're not vaccinated… however, leave the Italian ones at home: are you crazy ?! And then who is the "dictator"? Putin… Putin.

I […] really look… I don't know what to say to shake you: I am one! All the televisions call you: you send them two-hour interviews and they publish thirty seconds; you send them the material and they “yes! Send it to me! Hurry up!" etcetera: exclusive material! "Two days: sleeping in Mariupol ..." ok? And they don't publish it. 

Then who do you see? 'Tizio, Caio and Sempronio going there and talking about' whatever; and they are the ones who "try to be equidistant": they are wonderful! Those are wonderful! Why do you need the sparring partner so you say "so we send an equi-distant": and then you do not record, you do not finish anything ... why? Because they want likes, they want to come back ... go to television ... 

Here, you have to take a stand: there is no more time! There is no more time! It is not the time for equidistance; you have to choose: either with NATO, or against NATO; there is no middle way! Because the reason is clear where it is, it is very clear! They've pulled too hard, decided to bite on too big a bite (Russia), and they're breaking all their teeth! And we ... we ended up in the middle. 

I wanted to be calm and I didn't want to get upset… but I really have no more words: seen from here, the spectacle of Italy is a theater of the absurd! It's a science fiction movie, believe me! A science fiction film. 

Here, we have people who have been locked inside their homes for two months ... people who have been harassed, ghettoized, massacred ... ridiculed! And then, here there are people who cook with the destroyed house and smile and who have the strength to go on ... 

We are dead: we are dead and we don't know! We are dead and we don't know! You have to come here and take a walk and understand what it's like to have balls! The balls to resist eight years under the bombs ... eight years! And when did the war break out? "A month ago" ... "

https://www.mercurius5.it/2022/03/27/non-ce-piu-tempo-non-ce-piu-tempo-lo-sfogo-di-giorgio-bianchi-giornalista-e-documentarista-italiano-dallucraina/

Edited by thplinth

Lara Logan is the reporter who was infamously attacked by a large group of men in that Square in Egypt where all the protests were a few years back. They stripped he, sexually assaulted her and I think maybe even raped her, I don't know the grisly details but it was horrific, truly horrific and it went on for a while. As soon as the batteries died on the camera they mobbed her and beat up her cameraman (she was working for a major US news network at the time).

She was only saved by a group of Egyptian women who seeing it all bandied together into mini group and went into the mob and grabbed her and got her out of there. (That is heroism for me right there.)

Nice smear job though from aaid hominem.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

What a vile man.

This was your post on the news thread using it it to defend a nonce whilst smearing a real woman here. No surprise there then.

No I wasn’t, but then again you knew that anyway.

The guy doing the interview is not the best but he does not speak that much thankfully. The analyst he is talking to however is mind blowing. Really is shocking.

The Russians apparently believe they can win a nuclear war. They also have adopted the doctrine of strike first if it is inevitable. They modernised their nuclear weapons while ours are now old. NATO and the US are not in the best shape it seems. (Where the fuck did all the money go.) So unless the US has secret ace-in-the-hole weapons, there is a very distinct possibility they could do us over, especially if they strike first. I really don't think our 'leaders' have a clue what they are doing here. Does anyone really believe Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are running the show...

I am posting about Ukraine on the Ukraine thread. When was the last time you did. 😀

The guy being interviewed is not the guy doing the interview. I would say that level of sophistry is scraping the bottom of the aaid hominem barrel but let's face you have been scraping it from day one. You literally having nothing in your arsenal but smearing people. It is every single time. 😀

For people who aren’t aware, Preppers are people- generally in North America - who are convinced the apocalypse is coming and who are preparing - hence the name - for that.  They’re generally big into nuclear fallout shelters and guns.  You get the sort of impression of the type of people they are.  Now you can choose whether or not these sort of people and media that promotes their worldview are the sort of people you should trust or not.

Of course this could be an elaborate April Fool, in which case I’ve been had - it’s before noon in South America but after in Moscow so 🤔

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Dearie me. Bringing your butthurt onto this thread is pretty distasteful when thousands of folk are dying but you crack on if you want.

Oh, like you care about people dying.  I suspect it’s your butt that’s hurt as your guys are getting their asses handed to them.

I do find your little Americanisms amusing for someone who clearly hates the place but then You know what they say about New York, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere, and if you can’t then there’s always Eastern Europe I guess. 

On 3/29/2022 at 9:16 AM, thplinth said:

No idea who she is, or what platform her show is on, but that's some top quality pish.

Is he rich or working class, is he stylish in a suit or sloppy in a t-shirt, is he a dictator or against corruption. For almost every point, she makes an opposite point.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

No idea who she is, or what platform her show is on, but that's some top quality pish.

Is he rich or working class, is he stylish in a suit or sloppy in a t-shirt, is he a dictator or against corruption. For almost every point, she makes an opposite point.

I had to stop watching, what a cunt... What in the name of fuck does any of this have to do with the genocide his own country is going through...