New dons boss - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New dons boss

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Ex-Aberdeen striker Charlie Nicholas urges the Dons to appoint former Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their new manager. 

Charlie is off his nut

27 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Paul lamberts interested in the job 

Paul lambert can bugger off.

19 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Seems an approach has been made for Goodwin (sorry Jersey Jim...).  Been rebuffed by St Mirren initially.

Would be content with that appointment 

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Seems an approach has been made for Goodwin (sorry Jersey Jim...).  Been rebuffed by St Mirren initially.

My pal TDYER63 Lives near you, I’m going to get her to pop round and give you a slap if you keep upsetting me 😂😂

47 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

My pal TDYER63 Lives near you, I’m going to get her to pop round and give you a slap if you keep upsetting me 😂😂

You can take the boy out of Paisley…😂

And she lives near where I grew up, not where I am now so I should be safe! 

Nobody (realistic) is that exciting - we can't tempt a high flyer from the Norwegian league, and probably very few leagues I imagine. Of those mentioned I guess Goodwin is the best option.

However, unlike some, I don't think our squad is that great - certainly doesn't fit in with the exciting brand of football Dave was promising. Ramirez would be hitting 30 goals with the service Rooney got a few years back. 

20 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Nobody (realistic) is that exciting - we can't tempt a high flyer from the Norwegian league, and probably very few leagues I imagine. Of those mentioned I guess Goodwin is the best option.

However, unlike some, I don't think our squad is that great - certainly doesn't fit in with the exciting brand of football Dave was promising. Ramirez would be hitting 30 goals with the service Rooney got a few years back. 

Ramirez can have that service with ramsay, barron, watkins, and besuijen. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Goodwin should be announced today

Gutted.

Pissed off also that St Mirren have made no announcement whatsoever, might have at least told the fans they’ve gave Aberdeen permission to speak to him.

He’ll do well at Aberdeen, but don’t expect all out attack free flowing football, the one criticism I’ll make of him is that he was too cautious when we take the lead, likes to defend narrow leads instead of going for the jugular, we’ve drew a lot of games this season which we should have won.

Ah well, the man’s a club legend, captained us to league cup success 9 years ago, can’t blame him for wanting to better himself.

All the best JG. 

13 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Gutted.

Pissed off also that St Mirren have made no announcement whatsoever, might have at least told the fans they’ve gave Aberdeen permission to speak to him.

He’ll do well at Aberdeen, but don’t expect all out attack free flowing football, the one criticism I’ll make of him is that he was too cautious when we take the lead, likes to defend narrow leads instead of going for the jugular, we’ve drew a lot of games this season which we should have won.

Ah well, the man’s a club legend, captained us to league cup success 9 years ago, can’t blame him for wanting to better himself.

All the best JG. 

If he comes to Aberdeen I hope he does as well as the last ex buddies manager we had, he did ok 😜

24 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

If he comes to Aberdeen I hope he does as well as the last ex buddies manager we had, he did ok 😜

Fergie, Billy Stark, Peter Weir, Frank McDougall, Ricky Gilles ( yeah I know, but he was a great player for us ) and now probably JG.

No shame you lot.