New dons boss - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New dons boss

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I take it you mean the ibrox title decider, it was the ref who bottled it by letting Hately assault our keeper 🤬

So why was Smith hounded out by the fans then?  In fact is there any manager since Ferguson who hasn’t been sacked at Pittodrie?

28 minutes ago, aaid said:

So why was Smith hounded out by the fans then?  In fact is there any manager since Ferguson who hasn’t been sacked at Pittodrie?

Because we got used to the amazing football & success under Ferguson & are desperate for it again. Aberdeen aren’t the 1st club to try & fail to follow a manager like Ferguson, he’s cast a very long shadow that the managers since have failed to get out of.

4 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Because we got used to the amazing football & success under Ferguson & are desperate for it again. Aberdeen aren’t the 1st club to try & fail to follow a manager like Ferguson, he’s cast a very long shadow that the managers since have failed to get out of.

And Aberdeen don't have a money tree to buy that success

15 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

And Aberdeen don't have a money tree to buy that success

So what you’re both saying is that your support/board have completely unrealistic expectations that are based on the tenure of one - admittedly exceptional manager - which is completely out of kilter with the other 110 years of your history. 

1 minute ago, aaid said:

So what you’re both saying is that your support/board have completely unrealistic expectations that are based on the tenure of one - admittedly exceptional manager - which is completely out of kilter with the other 110 years of your history. 

Nope.

2 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Could be a nightmare 1st game in charge for a new Aberdeen manager with Ferguson statue unveiling & the great man attending the Dundee Utd game next week, the Ferguson shadow won’t go away 😳

37F3499A-5C5F-4B77-B691-89E678A7EB43.png

Or no better game to start with. Playing Old rivals with a big crowd whilst being watched by a football god.

Goodwin should embrace it

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Lots of clubs with a long & illustrious history have the past to live up to, most fail. Rangers should be grateful they don’t have that burden weighing them down 😜

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Nope.

Did Ferguson have a money tree in the 80s?

Surely you’ve worked out by now that it was Ferguson who was the exceptional manager and responsible for the success and not the club.

When Ferguson left, he went on to bigger and better things and is arguably one of the best managers ever.  Aberdeen as a contrast went back to how they were before he came in, a provincial club that would win a trophy every couple of decades or so  

Just now, aaid said:

Surely you’ve worked out by now that it was Ferguson who was the exceptional manager and responsible for the success and not the club.

When Ferguson left, he went on to bigger and better things and is arguably one of the best managers ever.  Aberdeen as a contrast went back to how they were before he came in, a provincial club that would win a trophy every couple of decades or so  

Surely it's about time you fucked off back to following hampden loon about, isn't it?

4 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Lots of clubs with a long & illustrious history have the past to live up to, most fail. Rangers should be grateful they don’t have that burden weighing them down 😜

Oh how my sides are splitting. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not in an argument and there's no abuse in there.

I’m just looking at your honours and if you take the Ferguson era out, it’s really unremarkable.  I mean, even Queens Park have won more than Aberdeen. 

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

And Rangers have what, one trophy in a decade, admittedly a trophy in your 1st decade would be a magnificent achievement if it hadn’t cost upwards of £100 million. Comeback when your team can have 2 of these ** on their strip for the correct reason 👏

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

I’m just looking at your honours and if you take the Ferguson era out, it’s really unremarkable.  I mean, even Queens Park have won more than Aberdeen. 

You've spent time looking up aberdeens honours to try and wind up someone online, someone who wasn't even conversing with you.

Crack on aaid

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You've spent time looking up aberdeens honours to try and wind up someone online, someone who wasn't even conversing with you.

Crack on aaid

No, I looked it up because I was interested, I didn’t realise that more than half of Aberdeen’s trophies were won under Ferguson, I knew that his period was unrepresentative but didn’t realise how much.  Being able to use that to wind you up so effectively is only a bonus. 

Just now, aaid said:

No, I looked it up because I was interested, I didn’t realise that more than half of Aberdeen’s trophies were won under Ferguson, I knew that his period was unrepresentative but didn’t realise how much.  Being able to use that to wind you up so effectively is only a bonus. 

You think you're winding me up? That's cute

11 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

And Rangers have what, one trophy in a decade, admittedly a trophy in your 1st decade would be a magnificent achievement if it hadn’t cost upwards of £100 million. Comeback when your team can have 2 of these ** on their strip for the correct reason 👏

I don’t know what’s the biggest laugh, the whole “Rangers are only 10 years old” or that the European Charity Shield is worth anything. 

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

I don’t know what’s the biggest laugh, the whole “Rangers are only 10 years old” or that the European Charity Shield is worth anything. 

It’s worth an official eufa ️ Have a nice night 👍