Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, aaid said:

Good on them, the pride they have for their country is to be admired. 

I see Leksandr Usyk has returned to Ukraine to defend it with his family and friends. 

I really hope Putin has bitten off more than he can chew here, the Ukrainians don't seem to be taking a step back and are a brave, brave bunch. 

47 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I see Leksandr Usyk has returned to Ukraine to defend it with his family and friends. 

I really hope Putin has bitten off more than he can chew here, the Ukrainians don't seem to be taking a step back and are a brave, brave bunch. 

They are willing to die for their country meanwhile we can't get cunts to tick a box for our independence. 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

They are willing to die for their country meanwhile we can't get cunts to tick a box for our independence. 

Maybe some people that won't tick a box for independce would be willing to die for their country and that country is Scotland not the UK. 

Comparing Scotland with Ukraine is pretty poor. 

22 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Maybe some people that won't tick a box for independce would be willing to die for their country and that country is Scotland not the UK. 

Comparing Scotland with Ukraine is pretty poor. 

Eh? So they would be willing to die for Scotland but not tick a box for our freedom? You've lost me there. 

16 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Reminds me of the Hearts players back in WW1 who volunteered for service and fought at the battle of the Somme. 

Putin seems to think the Ukranians would just simply roll over. Absolutely far from it, when you see the action of the Klitschkos, Usyk and now these lads. 

I see that the SFA were having a meeting today with UEFA apparently. The thing is I cannot really see that postponing it is a resolution as this situation could rumble on for weeks or months. Perhaps postpone it a month but any longer and you begin moving into slots put aside for Europa League matches plus Austria/Wales would be left waiting too.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

We give Ukraine a bye to the final which can hopefully be played before November 2022, e.g them v Wales/Austria.

And we play Poland with the winners taking on Czech Rep or Sweden.

Why dont Ukraine withdraw. Surely getting to the world cup is the last thing on their mind. Realise its not Ukraines fault this has happened, but its not ours either. So you want us to step aside for the semi, but Wales or Austria are allowed to play and maybe beat them. So nothing changes for Wales or Austria.

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

We give Ukraine a bye to the final which can hopefully be played before November 2022, e.g them v Wales/Austria.

And we play Poland with the winners taking on Czech Rep or Sweden.

Is that a suggestion as to what you think will happen? If so no chance.

Is that what you think should happen? Why? If the Final can wait until November and they are in a position to play it then the semi can be played a few days earlier.👍