Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 38 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

12 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Real football fans know the score. The question was made on 5Live yesterday. They beat Scotland then they have to beat Wales, then they have to beat England. Where does it end?

For real fans there’s no debate. For 90 minutes they are the enemy and are a hurdle for our country making its own history. 23 years our country has had to do without world cups.

J

So say all of us🤞

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call them the "enemy" but rather our opponents that we are out to beat in a football match.  For me, Sports is a form of entertainment, I don't really care to know the religious, political or sexual preference of any of our players or theirs.  Players represent their nation and want to win for their people same as ours do for us.  For the most part - I don't agree with banning sports men and women based on what goes on within the political realm of their nation unless any financial gains goes back to a regime that uses those funds to cause harm to others.      

Edited by romanticscot

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Real football fans know the score. The question was made on 5Live yesterday. They beat Scotland then they have to beat Wales, then they have to beat England. Where does it end?

For real fans there’s no debate. For 90 minutes they are the enemy and are a hurdle for our country making its own history. 23 years our country has had to do without world cups.

J

Spot on. 

Lodz is only for the Armenia and Ireland game, they have not announced anything for September yet.

Was speaking to the Ukraine Media officer last week on Sunshine Appeal stuff, and topic got on to September and they "hope" to play the game in Ukraine, but most likely in Poland, but depends on where they can get as a venue and whats free.