Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 37 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

I doubt they'll be any dodgy referee decisions with VAR.

To be honest we've had a good bit of fortune with VAR. 

VAR can't overturn dodgy freekicks on the edge of the box or corners that weren't corners.  All of which can lead to unjust goals.  Still fear that, even subconsciously, the ref for the game will be inclined to give any contentious or 50/50 decision their way

23 minutes ago, todd said:

VAR can't overturn dodgy freekicks on the edge of the box or corners that weren't corners.  All of which can lead to unjust goals.  Still fear that, even subconsciously, the ref for the game will be inclined to give any contentious or 50/50 decision their way

A really horrible thought.

13 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Has the ref been announced?  The two variables that we can’t control are how much Ukraine are up for it and the ref.  The ref is the one that concerns me….  Let’s just say we have been subject to more than one dubious decision that could be interpreted as leading to an outcome that would please FIFA.

I'm hoping for a russian ref 😉

On 5/10/2022 at 1:50 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

Anyone got the contact details for returning tickets? Also I have never received an email with by ticket bar code,, just money taken from my account 

I emailed supporters@scottishfa.co.uk because I cannot make the Armenia game on the rescheduled date. Got the refund within a couple of weeks

1 hour ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Individual ticket

Thanks, change of dates makes it unlikely I will be able to afford two trips within 10 days, probably only go if we qualified for the world cup. i bought the four ticket package.

Change of date does mean I can go to the new  double header in September so not all bad

15 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I didn't see anyone post this, but Ukraine played a friendly yesterday - https://www.sofascore.com/ukraine-borussia-mgladbach/CabsbUb

Also, short but interesting video about the game here. Shows the Ukraine goals and an interview with their manager, Oleksandr Petrakov:
https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-prepare-for-world-cup-qualification-match/av-61778529

I think if anyone thought the hype about the rest of Europe/world wanting Ukraine to win was not real, you just need to look at the eurovison and know how we are going to be treated. If the game itself was not going to be hard enough let alone we now have a couple of players missing and the pressure of the world wanting us to lose. 

39 minutes ago, stitch said:

I think if anyone thought the hype about the rest of Europe/world wanting Ukraine to win was not real, you just need to look at the eurovison and know how we are going to be treated. If the game itself was not going to be hard enough let alone we now have a couple of players missing and the pressure of the world wanting us to lose. 

Didn't you know that Ukraine are expected to win any event that they are involved in?. It's the done thing. 

1 hour ago, stitch said:

And you do realise Eurovision's winner has always been vote-driven unlike international football.

1 hour ago, stitch said:

While I think you are correct in some respects, I do believe the noise inside Hampden will make it very clear to our team the outcome we want.

46 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Anyone know when our squad will be announced?

Dykes, Chrsitie and Jacob Brown showed up early yesterday to do a mini-training camp yesterday, so players have clearly been told.

Imagine probably Thursday after the Europea League final is out the way.

The media out with Scotland and even some within Scotland will want a Ukraine win because this will create an easy story for the to write or talk about. If Scotland win, nobody will give a flying fuck about the Ukrainian football team anymore. 

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The media out with Scotland and even some within Scotland will want a Ukraine win because this will create an easy story for the to write or talk about. If Scotland win, nobody will give a flying fuck about the Ukrainian football team anymore. 

Real football fans know the score. The question was made on 5Live yesterday. They beat Scotland then they have to beat Wales, then they have to beat England. Where does it end?

For real fans there’s no debate. For 90 minutes they are the enemy and are a hurdle for our country making its own history. 23 years our country has had to do without world cups.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby