Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 35 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

3 hours ago, todd said:

So the do-gooders want to play a rowsing rendition of the Ukrainian national anthem on the bagpipes,  right after flower of Scotland!  What an amazing idea, let's get the opposition pumped up, at our home game, right before kick off in one of our most important games in 25 years 🤨 Do some folk genuinely not want us to qualify?🤔

These arseholes are more interested in showing how f.. king right on they are. This stupidity has to stop. The media are creating an atmosphere where it somehow would be ok if Ukraine won. Don't know about anybody else, but it certainly wouldn't be ok with me. This could be the best chance that some of our players will get to play in a world cup, and obviously the first for the supporters in 24 years. Don't throw this chance away for the sake of this media driven woke pish. Hampden must be a cauldon on the 1st June in support of SCOTLAND.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can go back to waving Ukrainian flags at full time once we have knocked out the team standing in the way of us reaching a World Cup playoff Semi Final. 

Until then, I want them to have a weakened team, tired, bottle it at the occasion, injuries (nothing serious), basically all the bad luck that can be mustered.

This is the World Cup, a competition we haven’t been to since 1998!

Same with Wales BTW.

J

Not us, but am I correct in saying Ukraine are scheduled to play two 'home' Nations League matches in June (against Armenia and Ireland) but they still haven't named any host city, yet?

The first of these matches is scheduled to take place in 6 weeks.

Are these people taking the p*ss?

Keeping the Irish hanging on; they'll do the same to us later in the year?

2 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Not us, but am I correct in saying Ukraine are scheduled to play two 'home' Nations League matches in June (against Armenia and Ireland) but they still haven't named any host city, yet?

The first of these matches is scheduled to take place in 6 weeks.

Are these people taking the p*ss?

Keeping the Irish hanging on; they'll do the same to us later in the year?

Ukraine manager was saying last week that it will most likely be Poland for their June games.

Ukraine have been hoping to arrange a friendly in May, but due to the fact that there is no official set aside date from FIFA for games, they have just announced a friendly for the 11th against Borussia Mönchengladbach.

38 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Ukraine manager was saying last week that it will most likely be Poland for their June games.

Ukraine have been hoping to arrange a friendly in May, but due to the fact that there is no official set aside date from FIFA for games, they have just announced a friendly for the 11th against Borussia Mönchengladbach.

F*ck their exhibition matches; they should be getting their competitive matches organised first.

I'd be mightily p*ssed off if I was an Ireland fan.

In fact, I am mightily p*ssed off on behalf of Irish fans.

45 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

F*ck their exhibition matches; they should be getting their competitive matches organised first.

I'd be mightily p*ssed off if I was an Ireland fan.

In fact, I am mightily p*ssed off on behalf of Irish fans.

To be fair, we were in a position until fairly recently not knowing if we had to arrange a trip to Vienna or Cardiff at 4 days notice....

Imagine all Irish fans will have received their refunds for cancelled flights, or since they were due to play in Lviv, have booked to fly to Warsaw and Krakow as it is.

8 minutes ago, wanderer said:

To be fair, we were in a position until fairly recently not knowing if we had to arrange a trip to Vienna or Cardiff at 4 days notice...

... and that too showed scant regard for football fans. 

UFA / FIFA / UEFA have now had 8 or 9 weeks to name the venues for their Nations League fixtures in June and yet they haven't done so.

More weeks have elapsed than there are until the actual fixtures! 

Put it this way; if it was one of the many travelling football fans I know - You and I included - with the job of sorting these things out, it would already be sorted; let's be honest.

One thing I think is undeniable is how much this fixture pile-up will affect Scotland - more especially the Nations League games coming days after how World Cup dreams are realised or shattered. If we reach the final and play Wales then win or lose we'll be mentally and physically drained yet we have three Nations League games to follow starting three days later.

Win and we'll still be on cloud nine and we'd need to get out mind back on our next job - to secure a win at home to Armenia just three days after the Wales games. Brutal scheduling. Now we may be able to put out a much changed side and still get the win but it does not end there because three days later we go to Dublin to play Republic of Ireland potentially for our fourth game in 10 days and some of those could include extra-time. And it does not end there because we then go to Armenia three days later. What a way to end a long, hard season - five matches in two weeks. I shudder to think what results we'll be able to muster in the Nations League if we lose to Ukraine or Wales.

Now I know fans right now have their minds only on the World Cup and players are probably the same. But bear in mind how important these Nations League games are too. They hold another path to Euro qualification and play a big part on our seedings so it is important we do not switch off for these games.

28 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I'm still not convinced our match with Ukraine will go ahead. 

I cannot see why not now. All of their players either play out with Ukraine and all home-based players are now back playing with Dynamo Kiev and Shaktar Donetsk players in a squad playing friendlies other Europe. Therefore no excuse not to play.

2 hours ago, romanticscot said:

The Ukraine are allegedly drafting up more people to reinforce their troops, with still a month to go I would not be surprised if it impacts their ability to form a squad.

No I don't think so. These players are now touring Europe playing friendlies now and have been for a couple of weeks and have heard nothing to suggest they are being called back home to fight. And given that the situation around Kiev has eased I cannot see them being called back unless Kiev comes under threat again.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:14 AM, KirkieRobRoy said:

Just saying. Ukraine play us at Hamoden, knockout qualifier, huge crowd, emotional occasion, Ukrainian flags all round the stadium, great showcase for continuing Ukrainian existence and resistance, a lot of the world's media there.

Vlad's dirty tricks department wouldn't try anything, would they?

Why is there Ukrainian flags all around the stadium? 

Will I fuck be waving one and if anyone hands me or the bairn one, it’ll go in the nearest bin. 

Im going to watch Scotland, not Ukraine. 

Edited by dandydunn

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Why is there Ukrainian flags all around the stadium? 

Will I fuck be waving one and if anyone hands me or the bairn one, it’ll go in the nearest bin. 

Im going to watch Scotland, not Ukraine. 

I'm telling you, we are going to go into this game with f.. king stupid virtue signalling from the sfa and the media suggesting it won't be that bad if Ukraine win. Why is it football is awash with woke wankers.Saw a clip of tennis on the news and saw Ukranian players losing and the players who beat them were delighted and showed it. Why the f..k does football think we have to be ashamed about beating them? Handing out Ukraine flags.... DONT F.. KING THINK SO. 

54 minutes ago, thesaint said:

I'm telling you, we are going to go into this game with f.. king stupid virtue signalling from the sfa and the media suggesting it won't be that bad if Ukraine win. Why is it football is awash with woke wankers.Saw a clip of tennis on the news and saw Ukranian players losing and the players who beat them were delighted and showed it. Why the f..k does football think we have to be ashamed about beating them? Handing out Ukraine flags.... DONT F.. KING THINK SO. 

This will all be totally irrelevant when the teams walk out onto the pitch on the 1st of June. The talking will be over and we will have 11 ravenous Scots seeking to take another step towards this country's first World Cup appearance in a generation.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

This will all be totally irrelevant when the teams walk out onto the pitch on the 1st of June. The talking will be over and we will have 11 ravenous Scots seeking to take another step towards this country's first World Cup appearance in a generation

Sounds good. Should expect nothing less. 

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Have the media?

Are journalists not the media. Certainly heard quite a few of them saying we should step aside to let Ukraine into the final(chick young and bill leckie) to start with. If that's not virtue signalling i don't know what is. 

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Have the media?

They probably have been but I doubt the SFA have. I'm quite sure the SFA will be desperate to know out Ukraine like the rest of us.

4 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Are journalists not the media. Certainly heard quite a few of them saying we should step aside to let Ukraine into the final(chick young and bill leckie) to start with. If that's not virtue signalling i don't know what is. 

Bill Leckie suggested last year in the build up to the Euros that Mark McNulty and Graeme Shinnie should be called up to the Scotland squad 🤣

The guy is a half-wit.

16 minutes ago, thesaint said:

It was a genuine question. Despite being a football fan, I don't follow football media too closely at all.

Edited by Rich NATA

57 minutes ago, thesaint said:

you’ve got a bee in yer bonnet about absolutely nothing. You are doing the same as young and leckie, create a story where there is none.

some folk might want to show support for Ukraine for 5 mins ……. let them crack on if that’s their thing, but there is no way anyone really wants to let them through the tie, why would they?

‘quite a few saying we should step aside’ ……. really?!