Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 30 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Listen to yourselves and your selfish, small-minded comments being aimed at Ukraine for having the temerity to want to play an important football match to the best of their ability. 

Get over yourself for f.. ks sake. We want to play an important match to the best of our ability... and horse them. Catch my drift. 

Welsh reporting that announcement for final will be announced tomorrow.

Rumors it will be 5th of June, so I would hazard a guess our game v Ukraine will be on the first (Ukraine talking about friendlies v France and Macedonia in May as a warm up)

17 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

It's interesting that the two top teams in Ukraine have the best Ukrainian players yet the two top teams in Scotland have next to no Scottish players. 

Ukrainian footballers are somewhat more lazy than Scottish players when it comes to play outside of Ukraine (uk in our case) and the Dynamo chairman offers crazy money to keep the best players, and has a habit of killing deals dead in their tracks when he sniffs the possibility that he can squeeze more money when a foreign club comes calling

17 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

How long does it need to take a few delegates from a few Football Associations to travel to Switzerland to have a chat about when to play 2 games of football?

After you have the chat, you need to book the venues and talk to local police, there are lots of logistics in this, normally it all happens and we are not sitting here waiting for updates but this is where we are. I am sure we will hear news soon. 

Edited by romanticscot

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Get over yourself for f.. ks sake. We want to play an important match to the best of our ability... and horse them. Catch my drift. 

Fu kin quality mate.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

Listen to yourselves and your selfish, small-minded comments being aimed at Ukraine for having the temerity to want to play an important football match to the best of their ability. 

That’s where I am too. Bonkers anger on display.

4 hours ago, adamntg said:

Agree completely.  It is perfectly reasonable for Ukraine to have matches to prepare. Especially as their league is shutdown.  I don't understand any anger towards Ukraine FA.  

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Welsh reporting that announcement for final will be announced tomorrow.

Rumors it will be 5th of June, so I would hazard a guess our game v Ukraine will be on the first (Ukraine talking about friendlies v France and Macedonia in May as a warm up)

I can't see it being the fifth it would screw up all the nations league games in June. Armenia on the 4th would be off. Ukraine to accommodate the final which would presumably be on the 8th or 9th. Ireland away is meant to be the 11th so that would have to be pushed back and also Armenia away. It should be played on the 4th with the final on the 7th. The two postponed games can be fitted in in September/ October.

2 hours ago, duncan II said:

That’s where I am too. Bonkers anger on display.

It is not anger towards Ukraine's plight. It is anger towards the Ukraine football side trying to big up their readiness, support of the world against us and superiority they first showed when the draw was made (pre-war). Two totally different issues. Scots have been fully accommodating (and more) about Ukraine's plight during the war but the football match is a separate issue.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is not anger towards Ukraine's plight. It is anger towards the Ukraine football side trying to big up their readiness, support of the world against us and superiority they first showed when the draw was made (pre-war). Two totally different issues. Scots have been fully accommodating (and more) about Ukraine's plight during the war but the football match is a separate issue.

Correct.The disdain they showed to us when the draw was made showed a total lack of respect.Now,after showing nothing but goodwill towards them and their plight,they are starting all this shit again.As stated above,this is a football match which i hope we absolutely f..king stuff them in.For those that don't like that....hard f..king luck.

58 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Correct.The disdain they showed to us when the draw was made showed a total lack of respect.Now,after showing nothing but goodwill towards them and their plight,they are starting all this shit again.As stated above,this is a football match which i hope we absolutely f..king stuff them in.For those that don't like that....hard f..king luck.

Bang on again !! Fuck them !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Correct.The disdain they showed to us when the draw was made showed a total lack of respect.

Alright precious. They think they’ll win…. no dramas….. we just go and beat them. No need to greet about a bit of ‘disdain’.

You and Rambo Ramond can go and fuck them, I just hope we beat them, any way any how.

The way the Ukranians are playing this out is exactly what could fuck us. How do you think the mindset of the referee will be with, apparantly according to the Ukranian camp, claiming the entire world is behind them. We will have absolutely room for error. I hope to fuck the officiating does not fall on the sympathy bit. I'm not joking here. It is very possible. There will be a mammoth amount of pressure on the ref... The longer this goes on, the more it hurts us. The Ukranian camp have been fucking disrespectful and arrogant since they drew us, we have been nothing but humane, accommodating, and repectful, now they are playing their hand.. politics aside, I hope we fuckin hammer them.. I'm sure they would not bend over backwards for us if it was the other way round.. 

5 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Alright precious. They think they’ll win…. no dramas….. we just go and beat them. No need to greet about a bit of ‘disdain’.

You and Rambo Ramond can go and fuck them, I just hope we beat them, any way any how.

Away and sing GSTQ wae the rest of yir pals...

14 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

The way the Ukranians are playing this out is exactly what could fuck us. How do you think the mindset of the referee will be with, apparantly according to the Ukranian camp, claiming the entire world is behind them. We will have absolutely room for error. I hope to fuck the officiating does not fall on the sympathy bit. I'm not joking here. It is very possible. There will be a mammoth amount of pressure on the ref... The longer this goes on, the more it hurts us. The Ukranian camp have been fucking disrespectful and arrogant since they drew us, we have been nothing but humane, accommodating, and repectful, now they are playing their hand.. politics aside, I hope we fuckin hammer them.. I'm sure they would not bend over backwards for us if it was the other way round.. 

That's exactly the way i see it.It's already in the mindset of the media.As Ramy says,it's not too far a step to the officials being influenced.Not necessarily intentional,but possibly subconciously.When everyone is rooting for ukraine then nobody wants to be seen to be the BAD GUY in all this.Lets hope the manager and players don't get involved in that sort of pish.

28 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Precious.Don't think so bubbles.Would have thought with the name you use on the forum,that you would enjoy a bit of lets ger intae them.No?

12 hours ago, hoofitharder said:

I can't see it being the fifth it would screw up all the nations league games in June. Armenia on the 4th would be off. Ukraine to accommodate the final which would presumably be on the 8th or 9th. Ireland away is meant to be the 11th so that would have to be pushed back and also Armenia away. It should be played on the 4th with the final on the 7th. The two postponed games can be fitted in in September/ October.

Polish media now reporting that Poland v Wales will be moved to the 1st to allow for Wales to play their play-off game on the 5th.

I suspect we will play Ukraine on the first, and if we beat them, Armenia at home on the 4th will be canceled (and moved to September, along with Wales game v the Netherlands), then the games v Ukraine on the 7th (though I suspect it will be moved to the 8th) and then Ireland 11th and Armenia on the 14th stay as they already are.

Then we have three games in September, Armenia and Ireland at home, and then Ukraine "away" (which I suspect will be in Poland, Hungary or Turkey)

14 hours ago, thesaint said:

Correct..Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I cannae believe some of the guff I am reading.. This is our first crack at a World Cup Final in over 23 years... 23 Fuckin years !!!!!! Why should be be nice?? This is a football match. As I have said umpteen times, the genocide is heartbreaking, it must stop. Gob Bless the innocent people of Ukraine. I have however, no sympathy for their football team. They are trying to turn the world against us. What the fuck did  we do to deserve that sort of disrespect?? They have a huge advantage now with their training preparedness, much more so than us. Don't forget how we were treated that last time we played them. I saw images and pictures of friendly Tartan Army supporters being attacked, it made my blood boil.. Cheering when they drew us for this match. Fuck them !! We should be putting nothing but fear into their heads. Slap their confidence in their face. Hampden should be a hostile and rauscious entity to come to the night we play them. The Hampden of old, that nations feared. I want more than you know, for my beloved Bonnie Scotland to walk out onto the pitch in Qatar with my 2 boys at my side watching with pride and tears in my eyes. I am a passionate Scotsman, I love my country, would do anything for her. So for me, get right fuckin intae these ukranian bastards for 90 minutes. It's us against them. No sympathy, no bending over. Bagpipes  drowning their courage, 50,000 proud Scots singing their hearts out and going mad. Just go right fuckin at them.. No fear, the true Scottish way... Alba Gu Brath..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

There are some seriously fucked up people on this board. Since when were ukraine trying to turn the world against Scotland?

The vast majority of the footballing world will be supporting ukraine when we play them anyway. Ukraine will be pumped more than any team we've faced, its up to Clarke and the team to stay focused.

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There are some seriously fucked up people on this board. Since when were ukraine trying to turn the world against Scotland?

The vast majority of the footballing world will be supporting ukraine when we play them anyway. Ukraine will be pumped more than any team we've faced, its up to Clarke and the team to stay focused.

Opinions vary. Why don't you go and see your doctor and see if he can transplant you a set of balls !! Troll..