Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It also seems a bit harsh on Ukraine to disqualify them in this instance. Although, I guess, if they can't safely get their team out of the country they may have to forfeit the fixture.

Would be extremely harsh to disqualify a team due to their country being invaded!

Half of Ukraine's squad play abroad also so they should be able to field a team.

If any action is taken by FIFA/UEFA it should be to give Poland a bye against Russia.

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Would be extremely harsh to disqualify a team due to their country being invaded!

Half of Ukraine's squad play abroad also so they should be able to field a team.

If any action is taken by FIFA/UEFA it should be to give Poland a bye against Russia.

Absolutely. 👍

42 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

How many counties got expelled for invading Iraq, Libya, Syria and Afghanistan ?

I fully supported England being banned for its part in the invasion of Iraq.  I also believe a ban for all subsequent tournaments should be applied to that particular team retrospectively.  👍

2 hours ago, Marky said:

FIFA might not want to boot Russia out but surely all of the other nations have it within their gift to force their hand by boycotting the tournament if they don’t? 

You’re talking about boycotting a tournament in a country where a woman got lashed after reporting a rape?

None of these cunts have any morals, no one will be boycotting. 

30 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

You’re talking about boycotting a tournament in a country where a woman got lashed after reporting a rape?

None of these cunts have any morals, no one will be boycotting. 

I wish we were boycotting it. The slave labour building the stadiums should have been enough for a worldwide boycott. 

16 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Only 8 call ups in the last squad outside of the Ukrainian league.

I'm sure they'll still be able to call up Ukrainian league players. They sadly though won't have been able to train or play for a month.

6 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Only 8 call ups in the last squad outside of the Ukrainian league.

I'm sure they'll still be able to call up Ukrainian league players. They sadly though won't have been able to train or play for a month.

They've also just had an 11 week winter break. Potentially 2/3rds of their squad won't have played professional football in over 3 months by the time we play them.

20 minutes ago, darkbluegas said:

If we’d just been invaded by the Americans would we be even considering wandering off for a game of football. Can’t believe any Ukrainian young man, could play football when their prime minister is asking for anyone to help defend the country whatever their age

And now any fighting age man has been banned from leaving the country so I would have to assume the game will be off now

19 minutes ago, darkbluegas said:

If we’d just been invaded by the Americans would we be even considering wandering off for a game of football. Can’t believe any Ukrainian young man, could play football when their prime minister is asking for anyone to help defend the country whatever their age

You're right. It's easy enough for us Scots to be speculating about a football game. Where as this will be the furthest thing from the Ukranian minds right now. At the end of the day, football is just another form of entertainment. It really isn't that important. The conflict in Ukraine is a far more pressing issue.