Hampden display gofundme - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden display gofundme

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Aye a few bits of plastic waving about will make all the difference. 🙄

Hardly worth the money that will be wasted on it. It’s not something I’m overly bothered about to be honest I just had the audacity to share my opinion on it which I forgot wasn’t allowed. 

No no.Your opinion is certainly allowed here,it's also allowed for us to have a laugh at you being so miserable about it.

13 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Hardly worth the money that will be wasted on it. It’s not something I’m overly bothered about to be honest I just had the audacity to share my opinion on it which I forgot wasn’t allowed. 

Can you point me in the direction of where I said it will make ALL the difference? Cheers

14 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Ah, the old "is opinion not allowed" when folk take the piss out your opinion. 

10 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Laugh away mate. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself. 

Och lighten up Pete. As someone else said its not like they are going to be waved the entire game,. I imagine it will be a bit tense for  synchronised flag waving during the game,   but will recommence if we are 3-0 up, plus the kids will like it. Neither can be a bad thing. 
May as well ban the singing as well , for the folk that dont like tone deaf steamers wailing in their ears. Though that would probably go down quite well on here 😊

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Och lighten up Pete. As someone else said its not like they are going to be waved the entire game,. I imagine it wil
May as well ban the singing as well , for the folk that dont like tone deaf steamers wailing in their ears. Though that would probably go down quite well on here 😊

Can we get rid of feathers in Glengarries as well,

I'll save Pete replying, but singing is free. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

So are flags when someone else is paying for them. 

That someone else should be spending that money on something more meaningful is the arguement though. 

I still think its a great idea to get the flags back in 

I have a lovingly weathered Lion Rampant that needs a holiday after years of seagull scaring on the croft. 

31 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Och lighten up Pete. As someone else said its not like they are going to be waved the entire game,. I imagine it will be a bit tense for  synchronised flag waving during the game,   but will recommence if we are 3-0 up, plus the kids will like it. Neither can be a bad thing. 

I’m really not that bothered about it although any sort of flag waving directly in front of you is a massive pain in the arse. One knocked a fag out of my mouth once back in my smoking days so maybe I’m still subconsciously annoyed about that. 😂

Allegedly it’s plastic cards anyway which will somehow win us the game whilst not being very good for the environment. 

15 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

That someone else should be spending that money on something more meaningful is the arguement though. 

I still think its a great idea to get the flags back in 

I have a lovingly weathered Lion Rampant that needs a holiday after years of seagull scaring on the croft. 

Yeah I understand the argument but as Pete himself says, some folk will see £1 mio being spent on 50k tickets for a game of football as a complete waste of money, but it gives people pleasure. We could be here till the next WC talking about what is construed as wasted money. 

And small a thing as the flags are, this will also give people pleasure ( maybe no Pete right enough 😁) . I remember my first few games and the excitement of the atmosphere and the flags , that stays with you. Youngsters who are going to their first game will feel that too. 

You get that Rampant out and wave it loud and proud 😁

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m really not that bothered about it although any sort of flag waving directly in front of you is a massive pain in the arse. One knocked a fag out of my mouth once back in my smoking days so maybe I’m still subconsciously annoyed about that. 😂

Allegedly it’s plastic cards anyway which will somehow win us the game whilst not being very good for the environment. 

😂😂

I bet the person whose jacket your fag burnt is still moaning about flags too. 

32 minutes ago, shanghaiscot said:

I think the display should be a show of solidarity with Ukraine - it's an awful situation over there, and - whilst we all care about the football - some things are just more important.

Yes.I think it would be the decent thing to let Ukraine win.Who could argue with that...gulp.Let's not go down that road.Let's just have a huge Ukraine flag covering all the stadium.We will need to match their supercharged sense of nationalism on the night.We certainly don't need to be giving them any sort of edge.If the organisers of the display come up with any of that nonsense,i will certainly be asking for my donation back.I will be there to see Scotland win at football,nothing else.