Play Off Final tickets - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Final tickets

saintsparky

27 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I emailed them last night asking them to confirm that no one below 16 points got tickets. No reply so far..

Will be interesting to see what their response to that question will be. Obviously they could just say it didn't happen, then you would have to get somebody to say they got one on 13 points to tell them they did. Unfortunately finding somebody   who  got one on 13 to admit that might be a different story, for obvious reasons. 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

If anyone on 16 points wants to test to what extent it’s flawed - I’d suggest: 

1) Add an Armenia ticket to your basket (currently sitting at 17 points) 

2) Check tomorrow morning pre-10am whether the basket is still populated or whether it has expired/emptied.  (This will let you know if people can endlessly block tickets without it being time-bound) 

3) Refresh at 10am and see if your basket becomes valid for purchase. 

Although it won’t make anyone feel any better but it will help see the flaw again as it changes from 17 -> 16 points. 

Don’t do that. I’m on 12 points and going to Armenia.

J

3 hours ago, Malfaetheburgh said:

Tried this yesterday when waiting for the 14 points to open at 10am, said tickets were in the basket but when I went to pay when it opened it made me start again.

Disappointed if that is the case and people were able to leave in their basket, or other way they were on and off all day looking and got lucky, I looked a few times but was always at sold out but the number of points to be eligible kept dropping, suppose its the sfa nothing straightforward with that lot!

Tickets were sold out long before 10am yesterday. Good to know you were trying to steal someone’s ticket who has more points than you though. 

Yeah theres a time limit- but if your details are already set up, you can "gamble" and add to basket around 9:53 and looks like youve pretty much reserved it. I always thought refreshing the basket would lead to a disaster so never tried that. Its probably a glitch that they need to look at and address. Fair play to the folk that identified this, but was a bit of a crapper for the boys who missed out.

1 minute ago, Alloa1878SC said:

Yeah theres a time limit- but if your details are already set up, you can "gamble" and add to basket around 9:53 and looks like youve pretty much reserved it. I always thought refreshing the basket would lead to a disaster so never tried that. Its probably a glitch that they need to look at and address. Fair play to the folk that identified this, but was a bit of a crapper for the boys who missed out.

Not sure FAIR play would be the words i woild use. Quite the opposite in fact. 😳

6 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Not sure FAIR play would be the words i woild use. Quite the opposite in fact. 😳

16 pointers doing it 9:55 yesterday is probably fair enough. They weren’t trying to  get tickets ahead of 17 pointers just playing they system to try and get in early ahead of other 16 pointers.

People on 14 or 15 points who were trying to keep tickets in their basket for hours until it came down to their points level is out of order though. 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Yeah it's a bit naughty, but Im guessing there were under 50 tickets available, and this would likely be the only scenario where it would really sting people. I was stung by it myself. I just wish I'd known you can do that 😀

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

16 pointers doing it 9:55 yesterday is probably fair enough. They weren’t trying to  get tickets ahead of 17 pointers just playing they system to try and get in early ahead of other 16 pointers.

People on 14 or 15 points who were trying to keep tickets in their basket for hours until it came down to their points level is out of order though. 

I dont think you can sit with them in your basket for hours, basket times out- if you can I stand corrected and certainly agree.

14 minutes ago, Alloa1878SC said:

Yeah it's a bit naughty, but Im guessing there were under 50 tickets available, and this would likely be the only scenario where it would really sting people. I was stung by it myself. I just wish I'd known you can do that 😀

I dont think you can sit with them in your basket for hours, basket times out- if you can I stand corrected and certainly agree.

I don’t think you can either but a few people were trying by the look of it. 

Edited by Texas Pete

Its the fact you can do it thats the problem. 

Not a peep from the SFA re my email asking if anyone below 16 points got tickets. They were falling over themselves to answer my questions yesterday. 
Its either been binned or my name is at the bottom of a very long email trail ……

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Yes. Those on 15 and below were f.. king at it. No question. 

When the Wales Tickets went on sale, the sale started at 10 o'clock the same principle should apply as you go down the scale not 10 minutes before the stated time. Every scale drop should be the time stated meaning you can load your basket at the time stated ie 10 o'clock. It doesn't surprise me the way the sfa balls it up,they've being doing it for years 

22 minutes ago, BigLewy said:

When the Wales Tickets went on sale, the sale started at 10 o'clock the same principle should apply as you go down the scale not 10 minutes before the stated time. Every scale drop should be the time stated meaning you can load your basket at the time stated ie 10 o'clock. It doesn't surprise me the way the sfa balls it up,they've being doing it for years 

Exactly.Why they think it's ok to be able to load up tickets and possibly have an advantage is unbelievable.Why is there    even an option to do that?

12 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Exactly.Why they think it's ok to be able to load up tickets and possibly have an advantage is unbelievable.Why is there    even an option to do that?

I'm guessing some time has to be allowed for folk to complete a purchase.   Hence this software 'feature'.

I am on 7 points so didn’t even bother looking as the wales and Ireland game were both sold out quickly. However as I have now gone on the sfa website it shows that the wales game went down to 9 points and the Ireland game 7 points. How can that be?

6 hours ago, glesgadan said:

I am on 7 points so didn’t even bother looking as the wales and Ireland game were both sold out quickly. However as I have now gone on the sfa website it shows that the wales game went down to 9 points and the Ireland game 7 points. How can that be?

That’s just the current stage of the schedule. If tickets were still available they could be bought by people on those points levels. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

That’s just the current stage of the schedule. If tickets were still available they could be bought by people on those points levels. 

Ahhh, seems a bit of a pointless feature.m and is clearly open to misinterpretation. 

The SSC website navigation is honking, it always takes me ages to find the ticket purchase porthole and the points I’m on and the points everyone else is on. 

J

On 5/11/2022 at 2:11 PM, Texas Pete said:

Tickets were sold out long before 10am yesterday. Good to know you were trying to steal someone’s ticket who has more points than you though. 

Aye by putting them in the basket at five to ten waiting for the ten o'clock threshold,  crime oh the century, and the Ireland tickets weren't sold out by ten, but you appear to be in the know allegedly!

1 minute ago, Malfaetheburgh said:

Aye by putting them in the basket at five to ten waiting for the ten o'clock threshold,  crime oh the century, and the Ireland tickets weren't sold out by ten, but you appear to be in the know allegedly!

Fair enough I think I picked you up wrong mate. The Wales tickets weren’t due to go down to 14 points until 4pm on the Tuesday. 

You shouldn’t be able to put tickets in your basket before the time you can buy them but if you don’t do it somebody else will and you can miss out. Just a flaw in the system really. 

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Fair enough I think I picked you up wrong mate. The Wales tickets weren’t due to go down to 14 points until 4pm on the Tuesday. 

You shouldn’t be able to put tickets in your basket before the time you can buy them but if you don’t do it somebody else will and you can miss out. Just a flaw in the system really. 

Nae bother wasn't the greatest worded effort! And from my experience above even loading them 5 minutes before, it emptied them at ten and made me start again which is fair enough, so I don't think people can keep them before even for hours as when cones to alloted time it makes you start again, I hope so as never bothered with the Welsh ones at 4pm as sold out well before.

3 hours ago, fringo said:

Surely the simple fix is remove the basket option until the second/minute  the sales go live? 

Sounds simple enough but it probably isn’t. If I want anything changed on my company’s website I need to send about 15 emails with screenshots and it takes ages if it even happens at all. It will definitely be possible but will the SFA care enough about an issue that rarely happens to try and fix it? I doubt it.