Play Off Final tickets - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Final tickets

saintsparky

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Has anyone got any idea how many of the 1600 tickets have been sold today ? 

Sorry, nae idea. Maybe expect an email/tweet from the SFA in the morning to say how many are looking like being available to the next tier. 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Sorry, nae idea. Maybe expect an email/tweet from the SFA in the morning to say how many are looking like being available to the next tier. 

Cheers.

I am on 16 points so expect a bun fight in the morning. Its going to be a long day with a lunch break at 10am. 

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

Check you aren't on 17.New point added today,i take it for the Poland game.

I think mine must have been added yesterday. I thought i was on 15 but was not sure, yesterday I noticed i had 16. I just thought I must have been mistaken as they have had to change my points about 3 times due to getting it wrong ,  I dont know where i am.
Unfortunately I am definitely still at 16. Thanks for highlighting though 👍

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I think mine must have been added yesterday. I thought i was on 15 but was not sure, yesterday I noticed i had 16. I just thought I must have been mistaken as they have had to change my points about 3 times due to getting it wrong ,  I dont know where i am.
Unfortunately I am definitely still at 16. Thanks for highlighting though 👍

Get in there as soon as.Hope you are lucky.

I'm on 16 points and was waiting for line to open. At 09:58 a red flag came up saying Sold Out. I calculated that there should have been some tickets for sale even if everyone above me bought one. How did these get sold before 10:00

I kept refreshing and eventually got one, only for it to be removed when I went to pay. That is even worse than not getting the option at all. There must be a better way of dealing with ticket sales than this. 

Got this reply from them, bloody joke. People should not be allowed to sit with tickets before the sale time. 

‘’Most people sit with the tickets in their baskets just before the points drop at 10am. Therefore it would be the case that the match is ‘sold out’ as people have them in their baskets and are going through the payment process.

There was around 90 tickets left before it went to 16 points’

Totally agree. I also noticed a sold out banner a few minutes before 10am. Think they need a new ticketing system (again!?) or to be more transparent to say “it’s 10am but we are going to update it at 9:50 so you can queue from then.

surely just a straight ballot like the olden days would be fairer than an online scramble at a set time where the parameters of getting in a queue or not seem completely random.

My main gripe is that FIFA still think it’s ok to give a 5% allocation to away fans. That’s pathetic.

Edited by niallb

1 minute ago, niallb said:

Totally agree. I also noticed a sold out banner a few minutes before 10am. Think they need a new ticketing system (again!?) or to be more transparent to say “it’s 10am but we are going to update it at 9:50 so you can queue from then.

surely just a straight ballot like the olden days would be fairer than an online scramble at a set time where the parameters of getting in a queue or not seem completely random.

Isn’t a ballot also completely random? 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Got this reply from them, bloody joke. People should not be allowed to sit with tickets before the sale time. 

‘’Most people sit with the tickets in their baskets just before the points drop at 10am. Therefore it would be the case that the match is ‘sold out’ as people have them in their baskets and are going through the payment process.

There was around 90 tickets left before it went to 16 points’

What email are you getting responses from? I haven’t heard back from anyone in weeks

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Isn’t a ballot also completely random? 

Poor word choice on my behalf. Random is absolutely correct in a ballot.

Random is not who can refresh their screen the fastest at an unspecified time before a species time that tickets will go on sale. And that’s even before taking into account all those 200-300 people who may not be able to be online within a set 3 hour window (which actually turns out to be a minus 5 minute window)

13 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

What email are you getting responses from? I haven’t heard back from anyone in weeks

This address . Supporters@scottishfa.co.uk

I went back to them and got this :

‘’ You are unable to buy them until it drops down to 10am.

Everyone can put them in their basket should they wish, then refresh once it hits 10am.’’

9 minutes ago, niallb said:

Poor word choice on my behalf. Random is absolutely correct in a ballot.

Random is not who can refresh their screen the fastest at an unspecified time before a species time that tickets will go on sale. And that’s even before taking into account all those 200-300 people who may not be able to be online within a set 3 hour window (which actually turns out to be a minus 5 minute window)

It’s just luck in either case though isn’t it? SSC aren’t going to go back to ballots when  they have online sales. 

If there were only 90 or so tickets available to 340 people on 16 points then the majority were always going to miss out. The biggest issue for me is letting people on 16 points add tickets to their basket prior to 10am. It sounds like they need to improve the online sales portal rather than having to go back to ballots. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It’s just luck in either case though isn’t it? SSC aren’t going to go back to ballots when  they have online sales. 

If there were only 90 or so tickets available to 340 people on 16 points then the majority were always going to miss out. The biggest issue for me is letting people on 16 points add tickets to their basket prior to 10am. It sounds like they need to improve the online sales portal rather than having to go back to ballots. 

👍

Also sitting before 10 o’clock waiting to buy, even if the sofa say there sold out due to people sitting with them in their basket, the point is it said sold out even before it was 10 o’clock. How can you load your basket if you don’t have enough points and it shouldn’t allow you to load the basket until 10 o’clock. Complete shambles