Play Off Final tickets - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Final tickets

saintsparky

Shwmae all, Welsh fan here. Chatting with my mates about the final and who we’re going to play, and got onto the travelling Scots… obviously 100k Rangers fans went to Seville, and I’ve heard all about Anfield ‘77! You guys are known for travelling in numbers without tickets.

Do you have a rough idea of how many you’d expect to head to Cardiff without a ticket should you beat Ukraine? 

Also, the FAW have done a good job imo of ensuring away fans struggle to buy in the home end. But do you know if many have managed to find a way around it? Like buying off Red Wall members? 

thanks I’m advance and pob lwc/good luck against Ukraine! 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Jamessm238 said:

My dad can’t make the wales match anymore and has selected collect in person. I’ve emailed the FA but they say they can’t change it to postal. Any tips for being able to collect his ticket in Cardiff? Will they let me collect it if I bring his ID?

In a nutshell, no. If he cant go the ticket will remain sold & uncollected unless you inform the ssc so they can resell it to someone else.

Edited by scottincarlisle

On 5/18/2022 at 10:11 PM, Jamessm238 said:

My dad can’t make the wales match anymore and has selected collect in person. I’ve emailed the FA but they say they can’t change it to postal. Any tips for being able to collect his ticket in Cardiff? Will they let me collect it if I bring his ID?

I know postal was an option, but I'm not sure how that's going to work.

The Ukraine match is on the Wednesday night; Thursday and Friday are bank holiday's; then it's the weekend with the match on Sunday.

It'll be 100% pick up surely (?)

42 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I know postal was an option, but I'm not sure how that's going to work.

The Ukraine match is on the Wednesday night; Thursday and Friday are bank holiday's; then it's the weekend with the match on Sunday.

It'll be 100% pick up surely (?)

Will defo be 100% pick-up imo 

Similar to Austria away, with it being such short notice!! 

2 hours ago, broraboy said:

Will defo be 100% pick-up imo 

Similar to Austria away, with it being such short notice!! 

Not according to the supporters club.I emailed them saying if we beat Ukraine i nwould be leaving for Wales in a day or so.I have paid for next day delivery,but it still wouldn't be enough time.They replied saying the tickets will be posted before the Ukraine game.

53 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

They're going to post out tickets for a match, which might not even take place?

Unusual, but possible, I suppose.

That's what they told me was happening. It's an unusual situation. There will be nothing lost if they send out tickets and we don't win. They will just be invalid. Don't think printing 1600 tickets for nothing will break the bank. 

On 5/19/2022 at 8:14 AM, Barry Scorcher said:

Shwmae all, Welsh fan here. Chatting with my mates about the final and who we’re going to play, and got onto the travelling Scots… obviously 100k Rangers fans went to Seville, and I’ve heard all about Anfield ‘77! You guys are known for travelling in numbers without tickets.

Do you have a rough idea of how many you’d expect to head to Cardiff without a ticket should you beat Ukraine? 

Also, the FAW have done a good job imo of ensuring away fans struggle to buy in the home end. But do you know if many have managed to find a way around it? Like buying off Red Wall members? 

thanks I’m advance and pob lwc/good luck against Ukraine! 

It's such a quick turnaround between the semi and final I don't think as many will travel as they would under normal circumstances 

If (if) we beat Ukraine, I reckon we'll take between 5,000/8,000, if it was not such a quick turnaround and we had a better allocation, we would take, 15,000/20,000 easliy

On 5/18/2022 at 10:11 PM, Jamessm238 said:

Last pick ups I've done have been lead booker on envelope only needing ID'd

1 hour ago, Jamessm238 said:

Just seen on the Welsh version of this they expect anywhere from 100-300k ‘Jocks’ to make the trip if we beat Ukraine 😳 I’d be happy with 20k+.

What with the paltry ticket allocation,the limited time to arrange a trip after the Ukraine game and the fact that while Cardiff is fine,it's not as if it's somewhere glamorous liks Paris or say Berlin,i can't see there being anymore than 4000 or 5000.Certainly haven't heard many on the forum talking about going without tickets.Probably be a much bigger following to Dublin(especially if we qualify for the world cup).Pretty easy to pick tickets up from ticketmaster for the Ireland game.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

What with the paltry ticket allocation,the limited time to arrange a trip after the Ukraine game and the fact that while Cardiff is fine,it's not as if it's somewhere glamorous liks Paris or say Berlin,i can't see there being anymore than 4000 or 5000.Certainly haven't heard many on the forum talking about going without tickets.Probably be a much bigger following to Dublin(especially if we qualify for the world cup).Pretty easy to pick tickets up from ticketmaster for the Ireland game.

Tend to agree. Think it might be more than 5,000 but not much. 

No prospect of picking up home end tickets severely reduce the numbers travelling. A lot won’t bother given there’s nae chance of tickets.