Play Off Final tickets - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Final tickets

saintsparky

This is my last gripe on this post ! I would just like the sfa( sofa) to admit they got this wrong. Another example being, when the original sale started it started at 10 o’clock not 10 minutes before by loading your basket.Say somebody on 17 points forgets the sale is  on but remembers at the last moment,10 minutes to 10 before the 16 point sale starts, he goes in to buy his ticket but can’t cause everybody on 16 points is loading their basket(except me).All 17 pointers should have had right up to 10 o’clock the next morning to purchase a ticket not 9 50 or that would have been stated. Just another example of a flawed process.SFA just admit you got it wrong!!!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, BigLewy said:

This is my last gripe on this post ! I would just like the sfa( sofa) to admit they got this wrong. Another example being, when the original sale started it started at 10 o’clock not 10 minutes before by loading your basket.Say somebody on 17 points forgets the sale is  on but remembers at the last moment,10 minutes to 10 before the 16 point sale starts, he goes in to buy his ticket but can’t cause everybody on 16 points is loading their basket(except me).All 17 pointers should have had right up to 10 o’clock the next morning to purchase a ticket not 9 50 or that would have been stated. Just another example of a flawed process.SFA just admit you got it wrong!!!

There’s no chance that any 17 pointers were waiting until 9.55am to take up their ticket. 

On 5/13/2022 at 2:07 AM, Texas Pete said:

Sounds simple enough but it probably isn’t. If I want anything changed on my company’s website I need to send about 15 emails with screenshots and it takes ages if it even happens at all. It will definitely be possible but will the SFA care enough about an issue that rarely happens to try and fix it? I doubt it. 

It must happen fairly regular as quite a number of away games are over subscribed.

I asked the SFA to confirm that no one below 16 points got tickets. They came back and said ‘ Please be assured that only those that met the points criteria at the time of sale were able to purchase tickets .‘

It sounded a bit of an evasive response  so i  replied and said ‘ thanks, but that wasn’t the question, I asked if anyone below 16 points got tickets.’ 

They came back with ‘ No, only those that had the correct points purchased a ticket.‘

They didn’t actually say no one below 16 points got tickets but given they used the word ‘no’ to my question it would seem it did not drop below 16 points. 

I still think the system is flawed though  as there is still an advantage to be gained by adding tickets to a basket, but at least it looks like only those on enough points got them.
I told them it was a system open to exploitation and a ballot would be far fairer if they could not remove ‘basketgate’.
Doubt they will listen though. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

It must happen fairly regular as quite a number of away games are over subscribed.

I asked the SFA to confirm that no one below 16 points got tickets. They came back and said ‘ Please be assured that only those that met the points criteria at the time of sale were able to purchase tickets .‘

It sounded a bit of an evasive response  so i  replied and said ‘ thanks, but that wasn’t the question, I asked if anyone below 16 points got tickets.’ 

They came back with ‘ No, only those that had the correct points purchased a ticket.‘

They didn’t actually say no one below 16 points got tickets but given they used the word ‘no’ to my question it would seem it did not drop below 16 points. 

I still think the system is flawed though  as there is still an advantage to be gained by adding tickets to a basket, but at least it looks like only those on enough points got them.
I told them it was a system open to exploitation and a ballot would be far fairer if they could not remove ‘basketgate’.

8 of the last 10 away matches went down to zero points and I’m not sure if anyone on the points it went down to that actually wanted a ticket missed out.

This is the first time I remember in a good while where I have heard about a lot of people who wanted a ticket not getting one (for tickets bought directly from the SFA) and the first time I have heard of the issue with people adding tickets to their basket early. 

I am in complete agreement with you that it needs to be resolved but I can’t see the SFA being that bothered about it. They have sold their tickets and that’s all they will really care about. 

As far as I’m aware the tickets were sold out before it went anywhere near down to 15 points so I very much doubt anyone with fewer than 16 points managed to get one by adding it to their basket. As others have said it refreshes every 10 minutes or something so hopefully this prevented any cheeky 15 pointers from stealing a ticket from a 16 pointer. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

8 of the last 10 away matches went down to zero points and I’m not sure if anyone on the points it went down to that actually wanted a ticket missed out.

This is the first time I remember in a good while where I have heard about a lot of people who wanted a ticket not getting one (for tickets bought directly from the SFA) and the first time I have heard of the issue with people adding tickets to their basket early. 

I am in complete agreement with you that it needs to be resolved but I can’t see the SFA being that bothered about it. They have sold their tickets and that’s all they will really care about. 

As far as I’m aware the tickets were sold out before it went anywhere near down to 15 points so I very much doubt anyone with fewer than 16 points managed to get one by adding it to their basket. As others have said it refreshes every 10 minutes or something so hopefully this prevented any cheeky 15 pointers from stealing a ticket from a 16 pointer. 

Really, 8 out of 10 matches had available tickets for demand ? That surprises me as I often think there is a chance I will not get a ticket for away games even on 16 points. I would have thought with our recent improvement in form there would be a struggle getting tickets for more games than that. 
If that is the case they probably wont do anything, even though the concept of putting tickets in a basket pending a sale is wholly against any ‘fair play’ rules they no doubt promote. 

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Really, 8 out of 10 matches had available tickets for demand ? That surprises me as I often think there is a chance I will not get a ticket for away games even on 16 points. I would have thought with our recent improvement in form there would be a struggle getting tickets for more games than that. 
If that is the case they probably wont do anything, even though the concept of putting tickets in a basket pending a sale is wholly against any ‘fair play’ rules they no doubt promote. 

Aye only the Faroes and Moldova away matches in 2021 weren’t available to all members as there was only a few hundred tickets available for each match. 16 points should be more than enough for the vast majority of away games. Just a pity Wales play at such a small ground. 

I doubt the system was designed for it to work that way but unless it causes problems and complaints regularly I can’t see it changing. 

16 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I got a similar email from them saying the system works and they have had no problems before.I replied that any grievance wouldn’t have arisen if the whole process started at the sale time stated.Also asked the to consider for future sales.Likewise probably falling on deaf ears

18 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

So we’ve gone from 8 out of 10, to most of the recent away games.

Off the top of my head 

Faroes

Moldova

Wales (if it happens)

Ireland

Armenia

is it just the price of success?

Or have we been particularly unlucky with grounds?

Or could the SSC do more? Moldova being a case in point. There were thousands of us in the unofficial away end, and the ground was half empty. No 2 points for most who travelled. Harder than ever to break into the top bracket.

J

Last 10 Away Matches

Israel v Scotland
11 October 2018
Allocation 2730
(Open to all members)

Albania v Scotland
17 November 2018
Allocation 2150
(Open to all members)

Kazakhstan v Scotland
21 March 2019
Allocation 1300
(Open to all members)

San Marino v Scotland
24 March 2019
Allocation 2949
(Open to all members)

Belgium v Scotland
11 June 2019
Allocation 4,289
(open to all members)

Russia v Scotland
10 October 2019
Allocation 1,524
(open to all members)

Cyprus v Scotland
16 November 2019
Allocation 2,400
(open to all members)

Faroe Islands v Scotland
12 October 2021
Allocation 460
(32 to 17 points)

Moldova v Scotland
12 November 2021
Allocation 294
(32 to 25 points)

Austria v Scotland
29 April 2022
Allocation 1425
(Open to all members)

3 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

So we’ve gone from 8 out of 10, to most of the recent away games.

Off the top of my head 

Faroes

Moldova

Wales (if it happens)

Ireland

Armenia

is it just the price of success?

Or have we been particularly unlucky with grounds?

Or could the SSC do more? Moldova being a case in point. There were thousands of us in the unofficial away end, and the ground was half empty. No 2 points for most who travelled. Harder than ever to break into the top bracket.

J

I think we have been a bit unlucky with smaller grounds recently. Faroes, Armenia and Moldova in particular but even Cardiff is quite a small stadium.

There will always be an issue with getting a decent allocation at smaller grounds but these games tend to be lower demand anyway. The Faroes and Moldova games would have been covid affected I think so you needed a higher points level than usual to get a ticket. 

Wales giving us a small allocation couldn’t really be helped as we don’t have a home fixture to bargain with to get a higher one. I’m not sure what more the SFA could have done for this one.

The Ireland one is a bit of a surprise to me though. We got 5% I think which is the bare minimum. I’m sure we had a higher allocation the last time we were there and I think I got a ticket when I only had 10 or 12 points. I’m sure the SFA could have negotiated more tickets for this in return for more Ireland tickets at Hampden. Did they try and the FAI refused to budge? Or did the SFA not bother their arse?

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I think we have been a bit unlucky with smaller grounds recently. Faroes, Armenia and Moldova in particular but even Cardiff is quite a small stadium.

There will always be an issue with getting a decent allocation at smaller grounds but these games tend to be lower demand anyway. The Faroes and Moldova games would have been covid affected I think so you needed a higher points level than usual to get a ticket. 

Wales giving us a small allocation couldn’t really be helped as we don’t have a home fixture to bargain with to get a higher one. I’m not sure what more the SFA could have done for this one.

The Ireland one is a bit of a surprise to me though. We got 5% I think which is the bare minimum. I’m sure we had a higher allocation the last time we were there and I think I got a ticket when I only had 10 or 12 points. I’m sure the SFA could have negotiated more tickets for this in return for more Ireland tickets at Hampden. Did they try and the FAI refused to budge? Or did the SFA not bother their arse?

Really surprised at the small amount of tickets we received for Dublin. They could have given us 5000,now instead they are going to have plenty of Scotland fans at various parts of the stadium. It 's not as if they will sell 50000 tickets. All things being equal there will be a good crowd, but can' t see it being anywhere near 50000.As for the sfa fighting our corner for more tickets. Forget that, they are useless. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I forgot about the COVID thing in Moldova. Not that any of us were bothering our arse distancing. 

J

7 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

The last time in Dublin we only had the diddy stand & the points system was the old one, only 1-10.

In 2011 at the nations cup game our allocation stretched round into the east stand lower.

8 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

The last time in Dublin we only had the diddy stand & the points system was the old one, only 1-10.

In 2011 at the nations cup game our allocation stretched round into the east stand lower.

I can’t remember when the points system changed. Was it after 2015? I suppose it must have been. I couldn’t have had that many points as I was living abroad at that time and didn’t go to that many away games. 

I suppose the introduction of awarding a point for home games has probably made it harder to get away tickets. At least for some people anyway. If it was the old points system I couldn’t have had more than 2 or 3 points and comfortably got a ticket for Dublin 2015. 

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I can’t remember when the points system changed. Was it after 2015? I suppose it must have been. I couldn’t have had that many points as I was living abroad at that time and didn’t go to that many away games. 

I suppose the introduction of awarding a point for home games has probably made it harder to get away tickets. At least for some people anyway. If it was the old points system I couldn’t have had more than 2 or 3 points and comfortably got a ticket for Dublin 2015. 

3 points back then would be the equivalent of 18 points in new money, assuming you go to all the home games.

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

3 points back then would be the equivalent of 18 points in new money, assuming you go to all the home games.

Yip, that’s where it got difficult for me. Used to go to most away games so always had a healthy amount of points.

Living in England home games are also away games and a Tuesday night game at Hampden was difficult for me. 

3 points = 18 points. Explains why I’m struggling now. Bought a season ticket to try and address the balance. Reckon at best I’ll get to two of them.

I’m now way down the batting order. 
Doesn't help going to Moldova and getting zero recognition for going (other than securing a playoff spot).

Stuffed for Wales. Also missed out for the Euro 2020 games because of COVID. Had to but the Hampden games at a horiffic markup. 

Like I said, the price of success. 

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

20 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Aye true. I was forgetting about bonus pints as well. 

I see you are also on the "Premium Membership". Not everybody knows about the free bonus pint in every destination we go to. I was trying to keep it quiet. At only an extra £5 a year, it's well worth it. 

53 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I see you are also on the "Premium Membership". Not everybody knows about the free bonus pint in every destination we go to. I was trying to keep it quiet. At only an extra £5 a year, it's well worth it. 

😂😂😂 I’ve obviously got booze on the brain. 

My dad can’t make the wales match anymore and has selected collect in person. I’ve emailed the FA but they say they can’t change it to postal. Any tips for being able to collect his ticket in Cardiff? Will they let me collect it if I bring his ID?