Play Off Final tickets - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Final tickets

saintsparky

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

They are not taking advantage of someone who has more points. The person with more points can go in and buy them before it drops to the next level. It is however giving them an advantage over people on the same number of points.
Its  the loophole that should be closed though . 

There is a post now saying the Wales game went down to 13 points.If that's true they were certainly cheating you on 16 points,and didn't get one.Anybody know for certain the lowest number of points that somebody got a ticket with?

10 minutes ago, niallb said:

13 points!?! 
if this is the case then SSC must know who got a ticket on anything less than 16 points and can surely take it back?

Yep.Easy to check the people who got tickets against their points.Bet they don't though.

46 minutes ago, Mushet84 said:

The Wales game went down to a 13 pointer getting a ticket and I had 14 points and it was stating online sold out before 3pm and 14 points went live at 4pm.  This means someone has put tickets in their basket and refreshed there screen for a couple hours waiting for it to be there time to be able to purchase.  It looks like as soon as you put tickets in your basket the system allocates them before they are actually bought.   I spoke with the SFA today for about 30 min and they were trying to empty all baskets every 30 min but were unable to stop a few slipping through the net.   To stop it next time the time slots may be more spaced out to avoid this as if the allocations were up for 24hr before it drops to the next level it would prevent it. 

18 minutes ago, thesaint said:

There is a post now saying the Wales game went down to 13 points.If that's true they were certainly cheating you on 16 points,and didn't get one.Anybody know for certain the lowest number of points that somebody got a ticket with?

Wtf. Surely this cant be true. I was emailing the SFA from  10.34 to 12.41 and they told me the tickets were all sold . 

58 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I think you’ve got another anomaly there. If what the SFA are saying is true, then any person (with or without sufficient points) can block out a ticket by having it in basket.  

If that’s the case, it wouldn’t make sense that you had one in basket and then the process failed. 

Feel sorry for you Tyder. 😕

Ach,, there are worse things happening in the world Alfie, I hear that folk are getting the air let out their tyres 🙂 

But I am emailing the SFA to check about this. Not only did it constantly say ‘sold out’ , the actual game disappeared from the ‘away games ‘  for sale section which made me definitely think the tickets were all gone. It was only the ROI and Armenia games that were left. 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ach,, there are worse things happening in the world Alfie, I hear that folk are getting the air let out their tyres 🙂 

But I am emailing the SFA to check about this. Not only did it constantly say ‘sold out’ , the actual game disappeared from the ‘away games ‘  for sale section which made me definitely think the tickets were all gone. It was only the ROI and Armenia games that were left. 

Me thinks something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Looks like it did go down to 13 points. The game is back showing on the ‘ away games’  section and you can see it went down to 13 points, ROI game 11 points..

Lets hear what they have to say. I am really not happy about this. 

87771642-F9FD-4D3E-875E-A55BA141238C.thumb.jpeg.20c5f679611cf77665bd4f93e391486f.jpeg

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Looks like it did go down to 13 points. The game is back showing on the ‘ away games’  section and you can see it went down to 13 points, ROI game 11 points..

87771642-F9FD-4D3E-875E-A55BA141238C.thumb.jpeg.20c5f679611cf77665bd4f93e391486f.jpeg

I think the ticket system is just on a timer. That’s why it’s showing as ticking down the tiers even though it’s sold out. 

The same has happened with Ireland and has happened for previous games. I think it’s pre-programmed, so would be seriously surprised if anyone below 16 points got a Wales ticket. 

If anyone on 16 points wants to test to what extent it’s flawed - I’d suggest: 

1) Add an Armenia ticket to your basket (currently sitting at 17 points) 

2) Check tomorrow morning pre-10am whether the basket is still populated or whether it has expired/emptied.  (This will let you know if people can endlessly block tickets without it being time-bound) 

3) Refresh at 10am and see if your basket becomes valid for purchase. 

Although it won’t make anyone feel any better but it will help see the flaw again as it changes from 17 -> 16 points. 

Absolute disgrace.Makes the whole concept  of loyalty points worthless.Easy for the sfa to match the ticket sales to the number of points each buyer had.As far as you are concerned anybody getting a ticket under 16 points should have their ticket cancelled,as you were being told they had sold out as you kept trying to buy when it reached 16 points.Only to find out some character on 13 points got one.Shameful performance by the sfa.Keep on at them,as there is no reason they can't find out who got tickets below 16 points and cancel them.If they don't the loyalty system means f..k all.

10 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I think the ticket system is just on a timer. That’s why it’s showing as ticking down the tiers even though it’s sold out. 

The same has happened with Ireland and has happened for previous games. I think it’s pre-programmed, so would be seriously surprised if anyone below 16 points got a Wales ticket. 

So why does it stop at 13 and not keep going all the way down?

3 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

The Wales game wasn’t due to drop to 12 till tomorrow at 1000 hrs.

Any other match that i have applied for.like the faroes showed the exact amount of points that it finished on.I know because i got one of the last tickets and it ended showing the points i had as the lowest points required.

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Got this reply. I am not going back any more I have made my point that not everyone is aware of this and IMO its not a level playing field. Dont mind missing out when everyone is aware of the situation but I very much doubt everyone is. I think this is the first time I have actually been in this situation and I  just took the 10am sale at face value. 

‘’You can have the tickets in your basket at any point in time. You could have done the same and then refreshed the page at 10am when the points dropped down and purchased the tickets.

This has always been the case in terms of away matches and in theory can work as well for home matches. There was only 90 tickets left by the time it went to 16 points so of course there is a greater demand than supply which caused you to miss out on tickets.’’ 

Didn't affect me, but thats bloody shocking, pretty scandalous in fact.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Any other match that i have applied for.like the faroes showed the exact amount of points that it finished on.I know because i got one of the last tickets and it ended showing the points i had as the lowest points required.

It’s probably just a mistake on the website. It said 16 points earlier when it sold out. 

3 hours ago, niallb said:

13 points!?! 
if this is the case then SSC must know who got a ticket on anything less than 16 points and can surely take it back?

I may be wrong, but I presumed from his post he meant Ireland not Wales, and it's just a typo.

Well just checked sold out on wales tickets at 13 points.Which seems to back up the theory you can put tickets in your basket and hold the them indefinately.If 13 pointers got tickets 14 pointers and fifteen pointers got tickets the sofa have to explain this shambles

11 hours ago, thesaint said:

It’s definitely on a timer, both sold out games dropped a number at 1000 today.

11 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Ah yes you are right, this doesn’t really help make the situation clearer unfortunately.

11 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

If anyone on 16 points wants to test to what extent it’s flawed - I’d suggest: 

1) Add an Armenia ticket to your basket (currently sitting at 17 points) 

2) Check tomorrow morning pre-10am whether the basket is still populated or whether it has expired/emptied.  (This will let you know if people can endlessly block tickets without it being time-bound) 

3) Refresh at 10am and see if your basket becomes valid for purchase. 

Although it won’t make anyone feel any better but it will help see the flaw again as it changes from 17 -> 16 points. 

I didn’t read this till now or I would have tried it, I was too busy in my bed dreaming about how fantastic it would be to have a ticket for Wales ……🤩

10 hours ago, kumnio said:

Didn't affect me, but thats bloody shocking, pretty scandalous in fact.

It is. And it will affect most people at some point as there will be games with very little allocation where  even those with high points will struggle to get tickets.

Not only does it prevent you getting a ticket,  it prevents you getting 2 points added to your points total..Maybe not for the Wales game ( I am not sure if anyone gets points for this as it is a playoff, though  it might ) but definitely for other games..

Tried this yesterday when waiting for the 14 points to open at 10am, said tickets were in the basket but when I went to pay when it opened it made me start again.

Disappointed if that is the case and people were able to leave in their basket, or other way they were on and off all day looking and got lucky, I looked a few times but was always at sold out but the number of points to be eligible kept dropping, suppose its the sfa nothing straightforward with that lot!

Edited by Malfaetheburgh

16 hours ago, Mushet84 said:

The Wales game went down to a 13 pointer getting a ticket and I had 14 points and it was stating online sold out before 3pm and 14 points went live at 4pm.  This means someone has put tickets in their basket and refreshed there screen for a couple hours waiting for it to be there time to be able to purchase.  It looks like as soon as you put tickets in your basket the system allocates them before they are actually bought.   I spoke with the SFA today for about 30 min and they were trying to empty all baskets every 30 min but were unable to stop a few slipping through the net.   To stop it next time the time slots may be more spaced out to avoid this as if the allocations were up for 24hr before it drops to the next level it would prevent it. 

Or just do what I said and get people to pre pay, then work down the points until doing a random draw at the last point required.

J