Play Off Final tickets - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Final tickets

saintsparky

Yes it’s just luck in both cases but luck and chance are two separate things - the chances of you getting a ticket if you put one in your basket prior to 10 am were improved. Also, the chances of you getting a ticket if you could login at 10am rather than 12pm we’re improved.

I totally agree the main issue is the ticket portal. And a ballot doesn’t need to be non-digital. Randomiser code is very common, it could still give those selected a specific time window to login and pay.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I got this back from them. I have gone back to ask how far in advance people can load their basket and if they are first in line. If they are it makes a complete mockery of the sale.

884001A8-B301-4CCA-B825-726D585661E3.jpeg

How long could someone keep a ticket in their basket then I wonder? System is definitely flawed.

16 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

How long could someone keep a ticket in their basket then I wonder? System is definitely flawed.

That’s what I was wondering. 

(14 pointer,  without a ticket in my basket - just for the record 😂

18 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Got this reply. I am not going back any more I have made my point that not everyone is aware of this and IMO its not a level playing field. Dont mind missing out when everyone is aware of the situation but I very much doubt everyone is. I think this is the first time I have actually been in this situation and I  just took the 10am sale at face value. 

‘’You can have the tickets in your basket at any point in time. You could have done the same and then refreshed the page at 10am when the points dropped down and purchased the tickets.

This has always been the case in terms of away matches and in theory can work as well for home matches. There was only 90 tickets left by the time it went to 16 points so of course there is a greater demand than supply which caused you to miss out on tickets.’’ 

2 hours ago, Jamessm238 said:

Tickets for the wales match sold out on 17 points? How is that possible 🤔

Only guaranteed a ticket with 17 plus points. Anybody below 17 was just first come first served. Something fundamentaly wrong about being able to load up your basket in advance though. Why do they think that's in anyway acceptable? 

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Got this reply. I am not going back any more I have made my point that not everyone is aware of this and IMO its not a level playing field. Dont mind missing out when everyone is aware of the situation but I very much doubt everyone is. I think this is the first time I have actually been in this situation and I  just took the 10am sale at face value. 

‘’You can have the tickets in your basket at any point in time. You could have done the same and then refreshed the page at 10am when the points dropped down and purchased the tickets.

This has always been the case in terms of away matches and in theory can work as well for home matches. There was only 90 tickets left by the time it went to 16 points so of course there is a greater demand than supply which caused you to miss out on tickets.’’ 

In all my time in the supporters club i have never been aware that this was available when trying to buy tickets. Like you i was naive enough to believe that everybody had to wait for their time slot before starting the process of ordering and not be able to gain an advantage by having tickets already in their basket. Why did they not let us know this could be done? Not everybody has got the mentality of trying to get an edge on everybody else. It simply shouldn't be an option. 

2 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

In theory, a 16 pointer could have denied a 17 pointer a ticket 

It just doesn't make any sense why they would  be  encouraging or even allowing people to put tickets in a basket to hold for later purchase. 

2 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

In theory, a 16 pointer could have denied a 17 pointer a ticket 

Exactly. 

If we do make the World Cup, and everyone is aware of the basket scam, it could be some laugh come the sales for that.

So any member, regardless of points, could have put a ticket in their basket? Obviously low pointers didn’t have a chance of securing a ticket, however in theory they all could have put a ticket in their basket, that would then show up on the website as ‘sold out’, only for the tickets to be re-released into the system after the 10 minute period? (due to them not having enough points). So any 16/17 pointers logging in bang on 10am the allocation would be ‘sold out’ until they refreshed at 10:10? 🤨

6 hours ago, niallb said:

Totally agree. I also noticed a sold out banner a few minutes before 10am. Think they need a new ticketing system (again!?) or to be more transparent to say “it’s 10am but we are going to update it at 9:50 so you can queue from then.

surely just a straight ballot like the olden days would be fairer than an online scramble at a set time where the parameters of getting in a queue or not seem completely random.

My main gripe is that FIFA still think it’s ok to give a 5% allocation to away fans. That’s pathetic.

And do you think FIFA give a monkeys about the paying public, so long as they get their brown envelopes and corporate seats filled they don't care. .🤑🤑🤑

2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

So any member, regardless of points, could have put a ticket in their basket? Obviously low pointers didn’t have a chance of securing a ticket, however in theory they all could have put a ticket in their basket, that would then show up on the website as ‘sold out’, only for the tickets to be re-released into the system after the 10 minute period? (due to them not having enough points). So any 16/17 pointers logging in bang on 10am the allocation would be ‘sold out’ until they refreshed at 10:10? 🤨

That may be why you have to keep refreshing all the time. As I said, I got one and it bloody disappeared when I moved to pay for it , suddenly said ‘your basket is empty’ . I had been refreshing all the time, it was constantly saying ‘sold out ‘ till I suddenly got the chance to buy it, until I then didnt ! 😡

It cannot surely be that process though, there is no way that can be a fair ticket sale. I dont think a 16 pointer can take a 17 pointers ticket. If a 17 pointer went on at 9.55 am they wouldn’t have that red bar restricting the sale and could buy it. I think having a ticket in the ‘basket’ is just showing you want a ticket for when you have enough points and they drop in.
But who knows, all I know is I havny got one ! 

16 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That may be why you have to keep refreshing all the time. As I said, I got one and it bloody disappeared when I moved to pay for it , suddenly said ‘your basket is empty’ . I had been refreshing all the time, it was constantly saying ‘sold out ‘ till I suddenly got the chance to buy it, until I then didnt ! 😡

It cannot surely be that process though, there is no way that can be a fair ticket sale. I dont think a 16 pointer can take a 17 pointers ticket. If a 17 pointer went on at 9.55 am they wouldn’t have that red bar restricting the sale and could buy it. I think having a ticket in the ‘basket’ is just showing you want a ticket for when you have enough points and they drop in.

Aye, but any 16/17 pointer who logs on at 10am COULD see that all tickets have been sold out. They’re not, due to the fact low pointers only have them in their basket. So if someone on 16/17 points logs on at 10am, sees ‘sold out’ they might just log off disappointed not realising the issue which is now been highlighted on here. 

That needs changed. 

13 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aye, but any 16/17 pointer who logs on at 10am COULD see that all tickets have been sold out. They’re not, due to the fact low pointers only have them in their basket. So if someone on 16/17 points logs on at 10am, sees ‘sold out’ they might just log off disappointed not realising the issue which is now been highlighted on here. 

That needs changed. 

Yes definitely, if the 17 pointer logged on at 10am they would be in the same position as the 16 pointer as they would all see ‘sold out’. 

The problem is giving people who  stick a virtual ticket in their basket possibly hours in advance  priority over folk who just log on at the correct time. That is not fair in any respect, particularly when it does not seem to be a known system.

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes definitely, if the 17 pointer logged on at 10am they would be in the same position as the 16 pointer as they would all see ‘sold out’. 

The problem is giving people who  stick a virtual ticket in their basket possibly hours in advance  priority over folk who just log on at the correct time. That is not fair in any respect, particularly when it does not seem to be a known system.

Totally agree. 

It’s a real shame when a points loyalty system can be abused or bypassed in any way.

Atleast the SSC try to impose it.

Hearts have a loyalty system that they just bin for the big games as they can’t be arsed with the hassle. They went from people on 120 points to just anyone for the cup final. Didn’t affect me but they pissed off about 50% of the fan base.

58 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It's depressing how somehow there are always gits who find a way to get an edge. System must be changed. 

Like has been said, (and they have been doing it with the Wales tickets), just get everyone to prepay, then work your way down the points.

When it gets to the contested point level, then a random ballot to decide who gets tickets.

Pretty sure we did this in the past. Prague in 2010. IIRC my old man got a ticket but I didn’t. Only for the SSC to get more tickets. Had to pick up in Prague at that mental pickup point.

J

26 minutes ago, thesaint said:

It's depressing how somehow there are always gits who find a way to get an edge. System must be changed. 

To be fair, its the system that is the issue, I dont really blame people for taking advantage of it, they might think it is common knowledge and everyone does it. 

11 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Like has been said, (and they have been doing it with the Wales tickets), just get everyone to prepay, then work your way down the points.

When it gets to the contested point level, then a random ballot to decide who gets tickets.

Pretty sure we did this in the past. Prague in 2010. IIRC my old man got a ticket but I didn’t. Only for the SSC to get more tickets. Had to pick up in Prague at that mental pickup point.

J

That would be a far fairer system. I sat with 2 phones, one logged on under my membership the other under my husband’s. He,  like many others, isnt in a job where he can drop everything at 10am on a Tuesday. I have flexibility and took my lunch break then. If we had even got one ticket I would have been delighted, he could have sat in the pub during the game 🙂

As it happens neither  of us got a ticket . 

1 hour ago, GaryWood34 said:

Hearts have a loyalty system that they just bin for the big games as they can’t be arsed with the hassle. They went from people on 120 points to just anyone for the cup final. Didn’t affect me but they pissed off about 50% of the fan base.

Aye, I got a ticket and I am a St Mirren supporter . PM me if you want to buy it 😁

Edited by TDYER63

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

To be fair, its the system that is the issue, I dont really blame people for taking advantage of it, they might think it is common knowledge and everyone does it. 

That would be a far fairer system. I sat with 2 phones, one logged on under my membership the other under my husband’s. He,  like many others, isnt in a job where he can drop everything at 10am on a Tuesday. I have flexibility and took my lunch break then. If we had even got one ticket I would have been delighted, he could have sat in the pub during the game 🙂

As it happens neither  of us got a ticket . 

i do blame them.Why are they doing  it if it's not to gain an advantage on people who have more points than them.Why not just wait until their time slot to try and get tickets.The solution is simple...don't allow anybody to put tickets in a basket until their points level appears.

1 minute ago, thesaint said:

i do blame them.Why are they doing  it if it's not to gain an advantage on people who have more points than them.Why not just wait until their time slot to try and get tickets.The solution is simple...don't allow anybody to put tickets in a basket until their points level appears.

They are not taking advantage of someone who has more points. The person with more points can go in and buy them before it drops to the next level. It is however giving them an advantage over people on the same number of points.
Its  the loophole that should be closed though . 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

They are not taking advantage of someone who has more points. The person with more points can go in and buy them before it drops to the next level. It is however giving them an advantage over people on the same number of points.

So they are still taking advantage,and it still stinks.Easy to stop if they really want to.Whether they really want to,that's another story.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I think you’ve got another anomaly there. If what the SFA are saying is true, then any person (with or without sufficient points) can block out a ticket by having it in basket.  

If that’s the case, it wouldn’t make sense that you had one in basket and then the process failed. 

Feel sorry for you Tyder. 😕

45 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

The Wales game went down to a 13 pointer getting a ticket and I had 14 points and it was stating online sold out before 3pm and 14 points went live at 4pm.  This means someone has put tickets in their basket and refreshed there screen for a couple hours waiting for it to be there time to be able to purchase.  It looks like as soon as you put tickets in your basket the system allocates them before they are actually bought.   I spoke with the SFA today for about 30 min and they were trying to empty all baskets every 30 min but were unable to stop a few slipping through the net.   To stop it next time the time slots may be more spaced out to avoid this as if the allocations were up for 24hr before it drops to the next level it would prevent it.