Play Off Final tickets - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Final tickets

saintsparky

1 minute ago, scottincarlisle said:

So has the away section moved? I'm sure both times being there I was right behind goal in Grange stand?

From memory the away section is 122/121/119... we might have had a section or two along the Grange End, but that was a World Cup qualifier and there was room to negotiate extra tickets (plus in 2012 Wales were only just starting to head on a upwards momentum) 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, wanderer said:

From memory the away section is 122/121/119... we might have had a section or two along the Grange End, but that was a World Cup qualifier and there was room to negotiate extra tickets (plus in 2012 Wales were only just starting to head on a upwards momentum) 

Going by that plan they'll be plenty of tickets for the friendly next to away section if we are in it.

10 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Keep getting bounced out when trying to pay saying card can’t be validated , seen a few others on Twitter having the same problem . Anyone know. Way around this ?

The original package sale was same thing most tried various different cards and eventually one will work, it’s the same every time!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The ticket allocations for these play offs is wrong and should be 50/50 (obviously more offered to home fans if the away uptake isn't fulfilled). 

Play offs are normally a neutral venue or 2 legged affair. Just because you are lucky enough to get the home draw shouldn't mean you get an 'actual' home match. 

Not fair on fans and not fair on the away teams. A team like Ukraine has little chance of making it through 2 away matches. 

9 minutes ago, dezmondo said:

The ticket allocations for these play offs is wrong and should be 50/50 (obviously more offered to home fans if the away uptake isn't fulfilled). 

Play offs are normally a neutral venue or 2 legged affair. Just because you are lucky enough to get the home draw shouldn't mean you get an 'actual' home match. 

Not fair on fans and not fair on the away teams. A team like Ukraine has little chance of making it through 2 away matches. 

Good to know you're more concerned about Ukraine than Scotland, suppose I better get used to that narrative.

1 hour ago, dezmondo said:

Would love to hear the wailing if we had to give Wales 26,000 tickets for a game at Hampden. Meaning that 10,000+ of our members couldn’t get a ticket.  

57 minutes ago, todd said:

Good to know you're more concerned about Ukraine than Scotland, suppose I better get used to that narrative.

Eh?I'm complaining about the ticket allocation from a scotland point of view. I'm citing the fact that certain teams potentially having to play 2 away games in stadiums with few of their fans is unfair in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Would love to hear the wailing if we had to give Wales 26,000 tickets for a game at Hampden. Meaning that 10,000+ of our members couldn’t get a ticket.  

Well as it stands you could argue more members will miss out overall across the 2 potential matches than they would if it was 50/50 both games. 

5 hours ago, dezmondo said:

Well as it stands you could argue more members will miss out overall across the 2 potential matches than they would if it was 50/50 both games. 

Technically more members would miss out as it would be the same members going to each game

I did think a 50/50 split would have been the best way to do things seeing as a two legged affair was a  non starter. 

10 hours ago, dezmondo said:

Eh?I'm complaining about the ticket allocation from a scotland point of view. I'm citing the fact that certain teams potentially having to play 2 away games in stadiums with few of their fans is unfair in my opinion. 

Fair enough mate, I just picked you up all wrong 👍

14 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

I think for a one off final the away team should have the opportunity to buy up to half the tickets. Very difficult to organise with such short notice between the games though. I'm really not a fan of this format.

Really there should never needed to be a second draw to see which Semi Final Winner would get the Final at home,  it should just have been the winner of the first match drawn, and that was Scotland v Ukraine.

The second draw was just for a bit more drama.

Ok if we beat Ukraine we will have a lousy allocation for Cardiff, but what’s happening with the gate receipts etc from this match, surely it’s not all going in Wales coffers. 

14 hours ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

Really there should never needed to be a second draw to see which Semi Final Winner would get the Final at home,  it should just have been the winner of the first match drawn, and that was Scotland v Ukraine.

Ok if we beat Ukraine we will have a lousy allocation for Cardiff, but what’s happening with the gate receipts etc from this match, surely it’s not all going in Wales coffers. 

Couldn't agree more. The second draw was completely needless 🙈

18 hours ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

Yep, that second draw threw me. No bloody need and we ent from home ties all the way to away second leg.

Nonsense. 

J

• 4 weeks later...