Play Off Final tickets - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Final tickets

saintsparky

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Flipping eck said:

We should be asking for a 50/50 split. They won the coin toss to host the game but it is still a final, not their home qualifier, and should be treated like one

I agree with that. When they changed to one legged play offs that should have been part of the deal.

But it works both ways. We would have to offer Ukraine half of Hampden. OK, they would never take up that allocation, but what if we were playing England?

Get what your all saying …… and agree  to an extent. If they are comfortable playing at the wee ground then they prob want to keep playing there. But is it not the case that they only play there because they couldn’t fill the big one regularly……. and now they have a bit of success they prob could fill the big one.

however, you can’t relate it to us using Murrayfield……. maybe if your choosing between tynecastle & murrayfield, but not hampden and murrayfield….. pure pish.

also, am actually pretty sure bundles of non regular Welsh would attend the principality and it would be a great night, huge crowd high stakes.

2 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Get what your all saying …… and agree  to an extent. If they are comfortable playing at the wee ground then they prob want to keep playing there. But is it not the case that they only play there because they couldn’t fill the big one regularly……. and now they have a bit of success they prob could fill the big one.

however, you can’t relate it to us using Murrayfield……. maybe if your choosing between tynecastle & murrayfield, but not hampden and murrayfield….. pure pish.

also, am actually pretty sure bundles of non regular Welsh would attend the principality and it would be a great night, huge crowd high stakes.

Its not really TA members opinions, it’s a fact. The Welsh FA have come out and said they didn’t want to move it. Too late now anyway as others have said. 

9 hours ago, dezmondo said:

Really disappointed that it looks like 1800 fans. 16 points will be needed and typically I'm on 14 points.....if only I'd got an official ticket for Moldova! 

I’m also on 14 points, but I think we’ll have a good chance of getting a ticket 🤞🏻That said, I hope we’re in the final against Austria so more of us can get in.

1 hour ago, RabtheBruce said:

I’m also on 14 points, but I think we’ll have a good chance of getting a ticket 🤞🏻That said, I hope we’re in the final against Austria so more of us can get in.

I have a hunch that Austria, if they can cope with the partisan home crowd, will beat Wales. (I can't out of my head the Euro2020 match where Austria took Italy to extra time)

2 hours ago, mcguffin said:

I have a hunch that Austria, if they can cope with the partisan home crowd, will beat Wales. (I can't out of my head the Euro2020 match where Austria took Italy to extra time)

I agree with you. They played well against the best team in the tournament and have a  decent chance against the Welsh.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:32 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

It would be akin to expecting/wanting us to move the Ukraine match to Murrayfield purely on the basis it is bigger. Wales record at Cardiff City Stadium is far better than at the bigger Millennium Stadium hence their preference to play there and they feel it has a more intimidating atmosphere.

If it ends up being for the two losers,you could move it to the New Saints stadium for that abomination of a match.

As a Scot living in Cardiff for twenty years I'm very worried about us facing the Welsh in Cardiff if we beat Ukraine and they beat Austria. It wouldn't be anything like Anfield or Ninian Park and the Welsh at the Cardiff City Stadium are very loud and like the 12th man. The Principality stadium was never on the cards as their home record at CCFC is amazing. Their front four of Bale, James, Johnson and Ramsey would compete with the best in Europe.   Austria away would be a better one for us with more fans and I believe more chance of making it      

As a Scot living in Cardiff for twenty years I'm very worried about us facing the Welsh in Cardiff if we beat Ukraine and they beat Austria. It wouldn't be anything like Anfield or Ninian Park and the Welsh at the Cardiff City Stadium are very loud and like the 12th man. The Principality stadium was never on the cards as their home record at CCFC is amazing. Their front four of Bale, James, Johnson and Ramsey would compete with the best in Europe.   Austria away would be a better one for us with more fans and I believe more chance of us making it  

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

Welsh fa just confirmed that Wales v Austria is now a total sell out, and as they were selling as part of a double match package, imagine final is not far off being the same.

Final is nowhere near sold out. 

A lot of Welsh signed up after they qualified for the play off and weren't able to buy for the Final (i presume to stop us doing likewise)

Stadium has huge empty sections for the final still. How they'll  mange the sales i don't know. 

16 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Final is nowhere near sold out. 

A lot of Welsh signed up after they qualified for the play off and weren't able to buy for the Final (i presume to stop us doing likewise)

Stadium has huge empty sections for the final still. How they'll  mange the sales i don't know. 

Correct.  And they also weren’t selling the games as a double match package. 

35 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Correct.  And they also weren’t selling the games as a double match package. 

Tickets for both games went on sale on the 7th of February for their version of the SSC, with Red Wall members entitled to two tickets for each game.

Welsh fans I know have got tickets for both games, but say a number of fans are wary because of how expensive the tickets are and that it could end up being a over priced ferindly.

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

Tickets for both games went on sale on the 7th of February for their version of the SSC, with Red Wall members entitled to two tickets for each game.

Welsh fans I know have got tickets for both games, but say a number of fans are wary because of how expensive the tickets are and that it could end up being a over priced ferindly.

Yeah, I think the cost element will be a factor for some, but the more significant  challenge is that they’ve had to block new members from buying unless they have a transaction history with their email address (as a non-member) over the past 5 years. 

That may mean that Wales won’t have enough interest/eligibility to sell-out the final in advance of the Austria game.

If they win that one, Red Wall members will obviously take up their tickets, and likely the their additional ticket for family/friends, as hype will be through the roof.

It probably means the potential final doesn’t sell out in short term, but the ticketing rules mean that the general public can’t get tickets so it’s something that Red Wall members can deal with at a later date. 

On 2/4/2022 at 10:18 AM, hamilton wanderer said:

Also Wales are ensuring that we can’t get into the home end. I joined both Cardiff City and Wales supporters club in the past and got tickets for some mates that way. I’ve had confirmation that it is 2 per red wall member then public sale etc but ONLY if you’ve bought a ticket for a Wales game in the last 5 years! They actually state the reason for that is to stop away fans getting in!

What would be the going rate for a pair of tickets for the home at the Cardiff city stadium should it be Scotland v Wales ?