Play Off Final tickets - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off Final tickets

saintsparky

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing official announced, but for the Euro play off's, the plans in place were the day after the Israel game tickets would go on sale and would open up on points system on a hourly basis, with a 100% pick up in the city of the game.

Imagine similar for this, as the Welsh have already started selling tickets for the final/wooden spoon game next month, so something has been agreed somewhere.

Edited by wanderer

23 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

100% pick up would be a nightmare, as you could be looking at 3000-5000 away fans...

Surely, they would now email electronic tickets..

We are only due 1,500ish tickets for Cardiff and 3,000-ish for Vienna.

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

That's the minimum allocation, doesn't always work out that way. Away end in Cardiff is easiest to segregate with more than that in it from what my mate who follows them says. 

I'd expect a bit more for Cardiff, especially as the section next to us is the family section so they'll not want any issues. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's the minimum allocation, doesn't always work out that way. Away end in Cardiff is easiest to segregate with more than that in it from what my mate who follows them says. 

I'd expect a bit more for Cardiff, especially as the section next to us is the family section so they'll not want any issues. 

Can’t imagine the Welsh wanting to give away any more tickets than necessary but I know nothing of the logistics of that end. 

7 hours ago, wanderer said:

Thought the allocation for the away team was stated as having to be a reasonable amount.There is no way 1500 is anywhere near being reasonable.That would be a f..king insult.

11 hours ago, thesaint said:

Thought the allocation for the away team was stated as having to be a reasonable amount.There is no way 1500 is anywhere near being reasonable.That would be a f..king insult.

I had it in my head that for a World Cup Qualifier it was a 10% Ticket allocation to away fans? 
But it seems 5% is being mentioned/said, maybe it used to be years ago?? 

Looking at the Cardiff City FC website it mentions - 
( Away fans are located on one side of the Grange Stand and the corner with the Ninian Stand. Up to 1,800 fans can be accommodated in this area

The Stadium holds 33,280 so by applying the 5% rule this is 1,664 and they could say we’ll give you the 1,800 allocation but read an interesting article about Wales and Ireland for World Cup Qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup. The Welsh allocated 3,500 Tickets to the Irish Fans muting a gentleman’s agreement of 10% was usually applied. 

Let’s see how things develop, have to win against the Ukraine first and foremost!! 

58 minutes ago, broraboy said:

I had it in my head that for a World Cup Qualifier it was a 10% Ticket allocation to away fans? 

( Away fans are located on one side of the Grange Stand and the corner with the Ninian Stand. Up to 1,800 fans can be accommodated in this area

The Stadium holds 33,280 so by applying the 5% rule this is 1,664 and they could say we’ll give you the 1,800 allocation but read an interesting article about Wales and Ireland for World Cup Qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup. The Welsh allocated 3,500 Tickets to the Irish Fans muting a gentleman’s agreement of 10% was usually applied. 

Let’s see how things develop, have to win against the Ukraine first and foremost!! 

Yeah, and Wales have to beat Austria before we start thinking about allocations for Cardiff.

16 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think Austria have already been told that is what they are getting, if not just a smidge more, but its that ball park figure we could potentially get (Wales have already started selling tickets for the "final/wooden spoon" game

12 hours ago, thesaint said:

The regular away section at Cardiff City holds 1700-ish.

If shoe was on the other foot, I am sure we would not want Wales getting more than they were due for Hampden.

1 hour ago, broraboy said:

Problem is, there is no room for negotiation, as this is a one off game.

In regular circumstances, we could say "we will give you 4,000 for Hampden, if you give us 3,000 for the return game"... but not the case now.

Apparently the Welsh are selling two tickets per member of their version of the SSC for both the semi final and the final/wooden spoon game.

Also Wales are ensuring that we can’t get into the home end. I joined both Cardiff City and Wales supporters club in the past and got tickets for some mates that way. I’ve had confirmation that it is 2 per red wall member then public sale etc but ONLY if you’ve bought a ticket for a Wales game in the last 5 years! They actually state the reason for that is to stop away fans getting in!

17 minutes ago, stocky said:

What is this wooden spoon game that's being spoken about? 

Have I missed something? 

Will we play a wooden spoon if we get beaten by Ukraine...

What is benefit of this? 

Basically everyone bar us have conformed that they will play the beaten finalist in a match set for the date of the final, so we are away to Austria or Wales regardless of our result against Ukraine in the most meaningless of meaningless friendlies  

Edited by wanderer

8 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

So if we agree to the wooden spoon game, then the SFA would sell prospective tickets to both away games??

Is so and we lose to Ukraine, would you be able to cancel your wooden spoon ticket and get a refund????

UEFA are insisting the two beaten semi-finalists agree to it, so its happening any way, just the SFA are not really discussing it as such (Ukraine have confirmed it, as have Austria to a lesser degree, with only the Welsh going all out and actually starting to sell tickets for it now, so there is a 100% they will be home that day any way)

We had agreed to it for the Euro play off's in its original form, but then COVID came along and the idea was binned all together.

There is probably no chance tickets will go on sale beforehand from the SFA, so just make sure you are ready the next morning if you want to go to the final or if we end up in a meaningless friendly.

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Basically everyone bar us have conformed that they will play the beaten finalist in a match set for the date of the final, so we are away to Austria or Wales regardless of our result against Ukraine in the most meaningless of meaningless friendlies  

Ok, that's news to me 

Cannae see much uptake or enthusiasm for that game.

Is anyone thinking of going...

Atmosphere wid be shite

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Even this is better than pre nations league friendlies. Team are together for a week for their most meaningful game in over 20 years. 

Perfect opportunity to test new players or try the likes of mctominay in midfield against a team of similar standing. 

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Ok, that's news to me 

Cannae see much uptake or enthusiasm for that game.

Is anyone thinking of going...

Atmosphere wid be shite

I suspect Wales would be more popular than Austria for such a game (simply down to ease of getting to Cardiff than Vienna)

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Even this is better than pre nations league friendlies. Team are together for a week for their most meaningful game in over 20 years. 

Perfect opportunity to test new players or try the likes of mctominay in midfield against a team of similar standing. 

Problem is, for the Ukraine game Clarke will call up his strongest possible squad and not look to try out any new idea's, and should we lose to Ukraine, no doubt on the Friday morning a few players will suddenly pick up a "injury"