Goodwillie Transfer to Raith - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Goodwillie Transfer to Raith

Well you're right. I retract what I said.

It didn't go to a criminal court, I retract what I said. On the balance of probability he was liable to pay for expenses, according to Lady Dorian. 

Goodwillie maintains he was innocent and it was conenensual sex. In my long winded post, I made the point that sometimes women lie, in court.  

On the record. I feel sorry for Goodwillie. He played for Clyde for 5 years. They won't be happy until he's hung drawn and quartered. 

I've read about that Lady Dorian, the judge that wants to abolish juries in rape trials! There's a surprise! Scotland's Lobbyist Judge she could be called! I happen to have read Craig Murray's sworn affidavit around the Salmond trial - or political fit up more like! Craig Murray. Scotland's political prisoner! I hope he goes all the way to Stasbourg if he can! 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

Well you're right. I retract what I said. It was wrong of me to post that. Lack of understanding. 

It didn't go to a criminal court, I retract what I said. On the balance of probability he was liable to pay for expenses, according to Lady Dorian. 

Goodwillie maintains he was innocent and it was conenensual sex. In my long winded post, I made the point that sometimes women lie, in court.  

On the record. I feel sorry for Goodwillie. He played for Clyde for 5 years. They won't be happy until he's hung drawn and quartered. 

I've read about that Lady Dorian, the judge that wants to abolish juries in rape trials! There's a surprise! Scotland's Lobbyist Judge she could be called! I happen to have read Craig Murray's sworn affidavit around the Salmond trial - or political fit up more like! Craig Murray. Scotland's political prisoner! I hope he goes all the way to Stasbourg if he can! 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

12 hours ago, thplinth said:

No idea about Goowillie but I read it was Lady Dorrian, if that is correct I would not rate the civil case finding at all.

Calling him guilty but without a proper criminal trial is pretty dodgy in my book. He may well be a scum bag but this is kangaroo court stuff. No surprises really.

Well you're right. I retract what I said. It was wrong of me to post that. Lack of understanding. 

Edited by Tartan_Tonna

9 hours ago, Tartan_Tonna said:

I think she is a bit of an extremist with some very dodgy legal notions. Salmond was very lucky to escape her, thanks to the jury only. Craig Murray was much less lucky. No jury in his contempt case and she got to sit as the sole judge to decide his fate and basically she could just make it up as she went. Having read Murray's points on the case I think he was fucked over, her reasoning was garbage. To be denied an appeal as well is disgraceful. I hope he does get justice.

Again no idea if the guy is a scum bag but another disturbing one was that Ched Evans case. How did the prosecutors and police not know about the woman's history making the accusations... I think they did and prosecuted and jailed him anyway. He was lucky enough to pay lawyers and private investigators to get that eventually overturned but most us would have been fucked. So I would not be surprised if Goodwillie was given similar harsh treatment. He seems very adamant it was consensual. Anyone who has had a blackout after a night on the pish will know it is a very disconcerting feeling. You could have killed someone and you would not have a clue. So I can understand why she was very disturbed by it all but it seems a heck of leap to say it was rape. Dorrian is a real worry because she would just bypass all of this and jail you based on her say-so.

And if it is the guy not the girl who has the blackout is that rape?

How is someone supposed to know when they will have a blackout as well? It happened to me very rarely and usually involved drinking whisky.

Edited by thplinth

36 minutes ago, kumnio said:

If a woman consents to sex, then can’t remember it the next day, she will have been too drunk to consent to it, in the eyes of the law. Therefor it would be rape. 

This isnt correct. If a women consents to sex then its not rape. If the man reasonably believes that the women consented to sex, even if she didnt then again its not rape.

The circumstances in this case dont look good for Goodwillie on paper but very few nights out would look good on paper when looked at in the cold light of day.

Rape and sexual assault are ripe in society. Things like grabbing women in nightclubs etc as they walk past are commonplace and correctly have been called out as something that needs addressed.

One thing thats also common place is incorrect accusations, lying or mistelling the truth for a variety of reasons. This is the reality but you wont ever hear it because of the uproar it would cause and the damage it would do to getting convictions which are already very hard.

Another thing that has gone way too far is the courts application of what evidence can and cant go before the court. Its almost impossible to mount a reasonable defence nowadays because in some cases the jury cant even hear about the accused and complainer kissing etc earlier in the night because somehow thats not relevent.

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

If the man reasonably believes that the women consented to sex, even if she didnt then again its not rape.

Confused John Cena | Know Your Meme

It's a function of the mans belief and not the womans consent. This place has been wild lately.

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, phart said:

Confused John Cena | Know Your Meme

It's a function of the mans belief and not the womans consent. This place has been wild lately.

Thats the law. The problem with determining the mans belief, so much of what possibily led to him having that belief isnt allowed into evidence these days.

Edited by Diamond Scot

If you want to understand why this is such a nightmare for prosecutors just look at the divorce courts.

Are some women prepared to lie through their teeth in court to get what they want or inflict damage on a man? Make accusations of violence and child abuse… Perhaps some of the men on here have experience. 😃

Women are capable of lying just as much if not more more than men in court. Sometimes very viciously. All this sugar and spice and all things nice shite has to end, it is sexism in reverse. Trust no one. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. That used to matter.

13 hours ago, thplinth said:

Again no idea if the guy is a scum bag but another disturbing one was that Ched Evans case. How did the prosecutors and police not know about the woman's history making the accusations... I think they did and prosecuted and jailed him anyway. He was lucky enough to pay lawyers and private investigators to get that eventually overturned but most us would have been fucked. So I would not be surprised if Goodwillie was given similar harsh treatment. He seems very adamant it was consensual. Anyone who has had a blackout after a night on the pish will know it is a very disconcerting feeling. You could have killed someone and you would not have a clue. So I can understand why she was very disturbed by it all but it seems a heck of leap to say it was rape. Dorrian is a real worry because she would just bypass all of this and jail you based on her say-so.

If you have blacked out then I am struggling to see how a man can believe you have consented!

Maybe I misunderstood this case but a 'blackout' is when someone's memory of a typically pished evening goes 'off' but not them! (Are some maybe thinking it means 'passed out' i.e. unconscious? because it very much doesn't, you just cant remember it)  If you have never experienced it it is hard to describe. It has happened to me a couple of times but it was like my memory of the evening went off like a light switch. 

The people you are with at the time have no idea it just went off like that, as you are just having a laugh same as them for hours later... as I said it is quite disconcerting as you are fully functioning during the blackout. Hence why I said you could have killed someone and have zero memory of it.

If this is not what was meant by blackout in this case then please disregard!

edit: and honestly it did cross my mind that anything could have happened to me. 😀 maybe it did. thankfully I can't remember.  aaid PM Lady Dorrian's number.

Edited by thplinth

• 11 months later...
16 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I thought this might be a reference to what's happened more recently with Mason Greenwood. I know charges against him have been dropped but I wonder whether football fans and/or sponsors will nonetheless see him as guilty.

Money talks. If any club goes near him should be given all the abuse under the sun. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

23 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I thought this might be a reference to what's happened more recently with Mason Greenwood. I know charges against him have been dropped but I wonder whether football fans and/or sponsors will nonetheless see him as guilty.

There's no hope of greenwood returning to top flight football 

Screenshot_20230209_172445_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

There's no hope of greenwood returning to top flight football 

Screenshot_20230209_172445_WhatsApp.jpg

The sad thing here is that if Man Utd do the right thing, tear his contract up and release him, there will be any number of clubs who will offer him a new contract, most likely abroad. 

On 3/6/2022 at 8:50 PM, thplinth said:

Maybe I misunderstood this case but a 'blackout' is when someone's memory of a typically pished evening goes 'off' but not them! (Are some maybe thinking it means 'passed out' i.e. unconscious? because it very much doesn't, you just cant remember it)  If you have never experienced it it is hard to describe. It has happened to me a couple of times but it was like my memory of the evening went off like a light switch. 

The people you are with at the time have no idea it just went off like that, as you are just having a laugh same as them for hours later... as I said it is quite disconcerting as you are fully functioning during the blackout. Hence why I said you could have killed someone and have zero memory of it.

If this is not what was meant by blackout in this case then please disregard!

edit: and honestly it did cross my mind that anything could have happened to me. 😀 maybe it did. thankfully I can't remember.  aaid PM Lady Dorrian's number.

Yep been there a few time, and as somone else said, possibly yoursel, it usually involves whisky.

I know of folk who are friends with goodwillie and the girl seems to have had a bit of a reputation with footballers before.
Its strange as both of them happily admit they had sex with her but only goodwillie was charged in the end. I honestly think its shocking the treatment he has gotten especially after playing with clyde for so long with no issues.

It was civil court which in reality is a load of shite and there was no proof.

9 hours ago, Kirk said:

Yep been there a few time, and as somone else said, possibly yoursel, it usually involves whisky.

I know of folk who are friends with goodwillie and the girl seems to have had a bit of a reputation with footballers before.
Its strange as both of them happily admit they had sex with her but only goodwillie was charged in the end. I honestly think its shocking the treatment he has gotten especially after playing with clyde for so long with no issues.

It was civil court which in reality is a load of shite and there was no proof.

And attitudes like this are why 1% of rape allegations result in successful prosecutions.  

12 hours ago, aaid said:

And attitudes like this are why 1% of rape allegations result in successful prosecutions.  

Be realistic, why did one get charged but not the other? bit strange when both said they had sex with her?

There has to be proof, you can't just lock someone up because someone said something. I have plenty of sympathy for genuine cases, but this girl was a chancer in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Be realistic, why did one get charged but not the other? bit strange when both said they had sex with her?

There has to be proof, you can't just lock someone up because someone said something. I have plenty of sympathy for genuine cases, but this girl was a chancer in my opinion.

A judge who heard all the evidence clearly didn’t agree with you.