Ticket website - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket website

dezmondo

The policy is to favour those who commit to the four game package, which in a sense is no different to someone buying a season ticket for their club team. It certainly was a bit of  a dilemma for our small group as some can not make all the games, but have ended up buying the package anyway so we can all sit together for the playoff.

I suspect many will have rationalised this as two games for £92 (Ukraine and ROI) and would imagine there will be a lot of empty seats for the Armenia game in North despite it being `sold out`

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

The policy is to favour those who commit to the four game package, which in a sense is no different to someone buying a season ticket for their club team. It certainly was a bit of  a dilemma for our small group as some can not make all the games, but have ended up buying the package anyway so we can all sit together for the playoff.

I suspect many will have rationalised this as two games for £92 (Ukraine and ROI) and would imagine there will be a lot of empty seats for the Armenia game in North despite it being `sold out`

We are playing Ukraine twice in this package so surely it would be 3 games using your rationale? Why would you not go to the Armenia game if you have purchased a ticket (unless you cannot make it due to holiday etc)?

1 hour ago, rOsCo2 said:

Understand what they are trying to do but why should they get priority - the few paid for the membership is what enables people to buy tickets for home games - should be without discrimination. - if they wanted to reward people they should go back to offering home tickets on a points system, which would reward supporters for attendance

is what it is but have mates who just couldn’t shell out for all tickets for him and his 3 kids for 4 games all at once weeks after Xmas …but they go to home and away games regularly all above 10 points and will now not be in north - doesn’t seem totally fair 

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hadn't really thought about but your right single tickets should have gone on sale at the same time. If tickets are available for all four games when the public sale happens there will be some pretty miffed members who cant afford more than one ticket at a time. That is a whole new can of worms. 

Yeah this exactly - one of my mates has 3 boys and just couldn’t afford to buy season books for them all so close after Xmas , he’s going to buy a singles for ones be thinks will sell out and hope there are still tickets for others near the time 

There’s clearly a new generation of fans coming to games and this team has captured people that had never been invested in the Scotland team before.

There’s more than 33,000 SSC members now which is brilliant but will always make it harder for folk like us who sat threw Hampden friendlies against the US and Belgium in front of 18,000 people etc.

The better the team does the harder it’ll be to get tickets but I’m willing to trade that for the atmosphere and success just now.

Have plenty of sympathy for the loyal foot soldiers who couldn’t afford the package or missed out on the north stand though.

I did not manage to log on during the day as i was working and by the time i got logged in my session expired as i was busy.  All 3 of my group bought the 4 ticket package and i have to say i think the SFA have got it bang on with the pricing structure and the policy they have used to distribute the tickets.  Fans that are willing and able to buy the 4 match package should have and have been given priority to those only wanting the potential glory game.  The incentive of 1 point for home matches and 1 point for being a SSC holder for 3+ more campaigns has seen me go from around 2-4 points to 13.  This means the 1 away game i can attend per campaign i have nearly always qualified for an "official" away ticket and not needed to buy from a harvester.  The bonus of 33k+ SSC member's and better atmosphere outweighs the ability to buy better seats as there has in the past been less interest in the team. 

On 2/1/2022 at 7:44 AM, hampden_loon2878 said:

i am starting to worry me and the bairns wont get seats together when the single game tickets come available, are they holding tickets back?, they cant expect large families to book all them tickets in one go,

That’s my worry. Would be extremely poor and not looking after the future fans if there aren’t seats kept behind for this very eventuality.

Yes I know that you are only guaranteed a seat, but naive to think that a family of four can be split up across stands.

I’m coming up for the Playoff, possibly with the kids for the Armenia game in June and adults only for the Ireland game.

Personally I would buy the 4 match package if I could guarantee kids seats with me for the Armenia game.

9 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

There’s clearly a new generation of fans coming to games and this team has captured people that had never been invested in the Scotland team before.

There’s more than 33,000 SSC members now which is brilliant but will always make it harder for folk like us who sat threw Hampden friendlies against the US and Belgium in front of 18,000 people etc.

The better the team does the harder it’ll be to get tickets but I’m willing to trade that for the atmosphere and success just now.

Have plenty of sympathy for the loyal foot soldiers who couldn’t afford the package or missed out on the north stand though.

It's not the first time it's happened though, we had plenty shite crowds in the 80s/90s/00s too and we also had plenty of campaigns when demand was high.

Anyone who is in the SSC will get a ticket for every game so don't really see the issue.

25 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

That’s my worry. Would be extremely poor and not looking after the future fans if there aren’t seats kept behind for this very eventuality.

Yes I know that you are only guaranteed a seat, but naive to think that a family of four can be split up across stands.

I’m coming up for the Playoff, possibly with the kids for the Armenia game in June and adults only for the Ireland game.

Personally I would buy the 4 match package if I could guarantee kids seats with me for the Armenia game.

There's 33,000 in the SSC. Stadium holds 52,000. Away teams will get 2-3,000. 

In what kind of scenario are SSC members not going to be able to sit with their kids?

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There's 33,000 in the SSC. Stadium holds 52,000. Away teams will get 2-3,000. 

In what kind of scenario are SSC members not going to be able to sit with their kids?

22,500 4 match packages sold. We know people don’t pick seats wisely. Some ticket websites I’ve been on will not allow single seats to be left.

J

20 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Your like me and take the kids to the most likely victories. 

40 minutes ago, Hale TA said:

Does anyone know if kids (new member) are eligible to buy the 4 ticket package. When I try to do this I get a message saying they are not eligible. 

But if that was the case what’s the point in them being members? 

If it's a valid membership theres no reason you cant purchase a kids package. When you are booking are you changing the members no. for each purchase?

I'd ring the ssc & they usually can sort it for you.

15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

A7 is on sale. 

Aye see now it went on sale yesterday.

Will be interesting to see how much of that section will open up for Scotland fans.

Ukraine and Armenia will certainly need A LOT less than what Ireland will require.