Most Scottish clubs played for... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Most Scottish clubs played for...

No using google.!!!  I mentioned Colin Millar in a post a few days ago. He has played for 7 different Scottish clubs over his career. So this got me thinking, interesting question. So what footballer has played for the most Scottish clubs ever in his career? Bit of fun. I haven't a scooby. No using the internet. See if someone can figure it out. If nobody can, then.we go to google..🙂🤣👍

21 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Ex Dees Chic Charnley was just in double digits for clubs, but Jim Hamilton played for about 15.

Probably a lower league journeyman who will beat Hamilton though.

2 that sprung to mind were Joe Cardle and Brian McPher. Cardle played for 8 Scottish senior clubs as did McPhee with 3 Junior teams thrown in for good measure. Not close to 15 mind you!

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Ex Dees Chic Charnley was just in double digits for clubs, but Jim Hamilton played for about 15.

Probably a lower league journeyman who will beat Hamilton though.

I thought Jim Hamilton would be close to the record.  Wikipedia says 13 clubs but then lists 14!  Some amount of "This is the only team I've ever wanted to play fors..."

29 minutes ago, daviebee said:

I thought Jim Hamilton would be close to the record.  Wikipedia says 13 clubs but then lists 14!  Some amount of "This is the only team I've ever wanted to play fors..."

Just had a look, its 13 clubs, but 2 spells at Dunfermline, so 14 overall.

Not the Scottish League, but Jefferson Louis has played for 40different clubs and has been transferred 43 times. 

i think you’ll have to go some to beat that.  Worth pointing out that he was also inside for six months for driving offences or he’d probably have got another couple in  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Louis

13 hours ago, adamntg said:

Ally Graham - Clydebank x 2, Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers x 2, Ayr x2, Motherwell, Raith, Falkirk, Partick, Clyde, Stirling Albion, Hamilton, Queens Park, East Stirlingshire (13).

David Goodwillie has five I think. 

Make that four. 

On 2/2/2022 at 6:20 PM, aaid said:

Not the Scottish League, but Jefferson Louis has played for 40different clubs and has been transferred 43 times. 

i think you’ll have to go some to beat that.  Worth pointing out that he was also inside for six months for driving offences or he’d probably have got another couple in  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Louis

That's incredible. I was looking at his career, the lad scored some goals, and done very well for some of the clubs. You wonder why he was transfered so much. Would have to be attitude or sommit..

55 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's incredible. I was looking at his career, the lad scored some goals, and done very well for some of the clubs. You wonder why he was transfered so much. Would have to be attitude or sommit..

He played twice for the team that I watch down here and I don’t recall him having a reputation for having a bad attitude, he was generally thought of as a decent striker who’d get goals at that level.  He played for a few years in the lower reaches of the EFL and Conference but for the bulk of his career he’d be playing below that and wouldn’t be on a contract.  That would make it easier for him to move.   I guess it’s a combination of being prepared to move on if someone offered him an extra tenner a week and also not being prepared to accept being out of the side.

First saw him play when he was at Thame, one of his first clubs and his striking partner was a guy called Ronnie Joe - who I think was also no stranger to Her Majesty’s hospitality.   Always thought they sounded more like a 1930s Blues duo than a striking partnership, Jefferson Louis and Ronnie Joe. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

He played twice for the team that I watch down here and I don’t recall him having a reputation for having a bad attitude, he was generally thought of as a decent striker who’d get goals at that level.  He played for a few years in the lower reaches of the EFL and Conference but for the bulk of his career he’d be playing below that and wouldn’t be on a contract.  That would make it easier for him to move.   I guess it’s a combination of being prepared to move on if someone offered him an extra tenner a week and also not being prepared to accept being out of the side.

First saw him play when he was at Thame, one of his first clubs and his striking partner was a guy called Ronnie Joe - who I think was also no stranger to Her Majesty’s hospitality.   Always thought they sounded more like a 1930s Blues duo than a striking partnership, Jefferson Louis and Ronnie Joe. 

Cheers for the info mate.. Enjoy the weekend..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🙂