The Winter Olympics - 2022 Beijing - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Winter Olympics - 2022 Beijing

AlfieMoon

3 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Opening ceremony next Friday.  
The curling starts on Wednesday. 

Aye, the mixed doubles starts on Wednesday. Bruce Mouat  and Jen Dodds are the current world champions and should have a good chance of a medal.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

You can support the curling teams. Scotland always represents the UK at the olympics in curling.

I saw Eve Muirhead giving the Billy Brit speech earlier this week

I also cant stand Steve Cram commentating for balance

25 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

What did she say?

Just your typical representing Britain is the best thing since roasted cheese and so pwoud

27 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Just your typical representing Britain is the best thing since roasted cheese and so pwoud

She is going to her 4th olympics. I think she has something to feel proud about. Although I think the men's team have a better chance of a medal even though they have less experience.

I agree with you about all the UJ pish but they compete as Scotland at all the other big tournaments. They are just not allowed to compete as Scotland at the olympics. That's hardly their fault.

33 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Have to say - I’d be pretty proud to represent GB at an Olympics.  If that were to change in future to Scotland, I’d be even more proud. 

This. If Scotland is part of the UK, then it is the highest honour a sportsperson can get, irrespective of your political stance

Narrowly lost the third game to Switzerland but still in a decent position. The three teams we have played so far would have been expected to finish in the top 4, so it's still a decent start. China and Italy have got off to a good start as well. Hopefully they won't keep up that good form as we still have to play them both. Good close games so far.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Have to admit I've been enjoying the winter games, catching at least the highlights in the evening. The lack of success for Team Geebee has meant more focus on the actual events.

Three semi finals for the curlers. Not too bad?

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Three semi finals for the curlers. Not too bad?

The curlers have done well but that's pretty much been it. The lass fae Aberdeen skiing upside down was good though.

Certainly not the GB medal fest we've become accustomed to at the summer games. 

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

The curlers have done well but that's pretty much been it. The lass fae Aberdeen skiing upside down was good though.

Certainly not the GB medal fest we've become accustomed to at the summer games. 

Aye, the upside doon skiing is pretty impressive.

50 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Jeeez, live curling is tense stuff 😅

Sure is. At their level the margins between winning and losing are so fine. Just a bawhair offline can be the difference between winning and losing an end. It's compulsive viewing. 

26 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sure is. At their level the margins between winning and losing are so fine. Just a bawhair offline can be the difference between winning and losing an end. It's compulsive viewing. 

I imagine bawhairs are undesirable under yer stones.

Men’s curling team seem to have been right at it throughout the tourney and quietly steady. Silver already in the bag but good chance at the gold so good luck to the lads! 

Eve Muirhead and the lassies seem to have been a bit more hit and miss, not coming up with the key shots under pressure but she did a right good job today. Tough semi final coming up tomorrow against Sweden who have looked pretty solid.