Brewdog - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

21 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Never miss an opportunity, never.

21 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

😂😂 because that’s the most important thing 

22 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not everything has to be about independence.

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

i am no lover of brew dog or watt however we need to remember it is the BBC that has ran with the story, like them or loath them, we are better having a company like that in scotland,, fuck the bbc, i hope the go bust when the license fee stops

They ran the story as like it or loathe it, there's plenty to run a story on. 

22 hours ago, aaid said:

It's the Express FFS, does anyone pay attention to that?

The people who buy it presumably do.  Then again, most of the people who buy the Express have probably never heard of BrewDog.

10 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

i am no lover of brew dog or watt however we need to remember it is the BBC that has ran with the story, like them or loath them, we are better having a company like that in scotland,, fuck the bbc, i hope the go bust when the license fee stops

Sadly there are a lot of people in this country who dislike any kind of Scottish enterprise succeeding, especially if the wrong kind of people are involved. 

11 hours ago, scotlad said:

The people who buy it presumably do.  Then again, most of the people who buy the Express have probably never heard of BrewDog.

Sadly there are a lot of people in this country who dislike any kind of Scottish enterprise succeeding, especially if the wrong kind of people are involved. 

yes that has become very apparent this past while, the new breed of snp is full of these pretentious, self righteous wankers who are doing more harm than good to the independence movement. Big business is an integral part of a successful economy,, scare that away and we are in a bad place 

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

yes that has become very apparent this past while, the new breed of snp is full of these pretentious, self righteous wankers who are doing more harm than good to the independence movement. Big business is an integral part of a successful economy,, scare that away and we are in a bad place 

What’s this got to do with the SNP?   

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

What’s this got to do with the SNP?   

Nicola rounded up some bar staff and forced them to put those complaints in. It's a conspiracy and it's coming from the highest level.

Think I might have wandered into the wrong thread? 🤔

53 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Nicola rounded up some bar staff and forced them to put those complaints in. It's a conspiracy and it's coming from the highest level.

Think I might have wandered into the wrong thread? 🤔

You'll also notice that some of the bar staff didn't want to be named either. 

Craig Murray will be writing a blog to attempt to ID them.

7 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I wasn't even meaning business enterprise necessarily, it could be sport or the arts. 

Last year I remember reading a thread full of yoons on Twitter absolutely creaming themselves that a second series of a Scottish-based TV drama - filmed in, produced by and mainly starring Scots - wasn't going to be made. 

Now, I never watched a single second of this programme so it might have been complete dugmeat but even if was, the sheer elation expressed over a TV show not being reprised was way beyond what it should have been!

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Anyway…..

Bands announced for next months opem air agm, which is a brave move imo in Aberdeen summertime 😂

Miss Lucid

The Capollos

La Fontaines

Mystery Jets

The Zutons

Are The Zutons still going?!

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

I wonder if they still have that hot saxophone player 🤔

Not a bad line up for an AGM, to be fair!

If I remember rightly she was the wife/girlfriend of Dave McCabem the lead singer.

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

If I remember rightly she was the wife/girlfriend of Dave McCabem the lead singer.

I didn't know that.

He's probably done okay financially too thanks to the Amy Winehouse/Mark Ronson version of 'Valerie' (The Zuton's original being superior, IMO).

21 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I didn't know that.

He's probably done okay financially too thanks to the Amy Winehouse/Mark Ronson version of 'Valerie' (The Zuton's original being superior, IMO).

I was half right.  She's the partner of Sean Payne, the drummer.

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I was half right.  She's the partner of Sean Payne, the drummer.

Jeezo, it's a sad state of affairs when the drummer ends up with the hot burd.  😜

I was half right too - Abi is still probably quids in thanks to 'Valerie' but not because she's hitched to the writer - she was the writer (well, co-writer)!