Meatloaf died .. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Meatloaf died ..

Brilliant memories of Sunday afternoon in The Watersplash in Jersey when i lived there in the mid 80’s. It was a kinda surfers pub right on the beach, the place was always heaving and when Paradise By the Dashboard Light came on it  went totally mental. Everyone on the tables belting it out. Always think of that place when I hear it.
He had some great tunes. RIP. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Brilliant memories of Sunday afternoon in The Watersplash in Jersey when i lived there in the mid 80’s. It was a kinda surfers pub right on the beach, the place was always heaving and when Paradise By the Dashboard Light came on it  went totally mental. Everyone on the tables belting it out. Always think of that place when I hear it.

I went to the same pub after work on a Friday for about 10 years.  Every week I'd swear I was leaving before the karaoke started and every week (more or less) I was there till closing!  And every week someone would sing "Paradise...." on the karaoke and like above the place would crazy.  Happy times!

I'd imagine it'll be getting belted out at karaokes up and down the country tonight.  I'm almost tempte to try and fine one.....

Edited by Fairbairn

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Ken Bruce played it this morning, all 8 mins + of it.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I went to the same pub after work on a Friday for about 10 years.  Every week I'd swear I was leaving before the karaoke started and every week (more or less) I was there till closing!  And every week someone would sing "Paradise...." on the karaoke and like above the place would crazy.  Happy times!

I'd imagine it'll be getting belted out at karaokes up and down the country tonight.  I'm almost tempte to try and fine one.....

I initially interpreted  ‘the same pub’ as being the same pub as me, and I was thinking, not only did Fairbairn live 3 miles from my current house,   he was in Jersey for 10 years . How the hell do I not know him ! 😁

Yes, yes I know you are much younger than me ……

Go on, its a Friday night, get out there ! Do it for Meatloaf 🎤🎸🍻

I am in the West End tonight, no chance of any Meatloaf being played there ☹️

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I initially interpreted  ‘the same pub’ as being the same pub as me, and I was thinking, not only did Fairbairn live 3 miles from my current house,   he was in Jersey for 10 years . How the hell do I not know him ! 😁

Yes, yes I know you are much younger than me ……

Go on, its a Friday night, get out there ! Do it for Meatloaf 🎤🎸🍻

I am in the West End tonight, no chance of any Meatloaf being played there ☹️

Oh that really depends on where you go! I could name a couple of places that you’d easily get Meatloaf & karaoke. I doubt they’re the type of place you’d like to frequent though, you know, knowing you’re from Houston! 😉

Oh, and I’m also out in the West End tonight…..(although I live here so it that isn’t that unusual!!). 

17 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Somewhat ironic that it seems it was a bat that saw him off! 🙁

😬

Despite his fine lyrics it would appear heaven actually couldnt wait any longer 😞

16 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Oh that really depends on where you go! I could name a couple of places that you’d easily get Meatloaf & karaoke. I doubt they’re the type of place you’d like to frequent though, you know, knowing you’re from Houston! 😉

Oh, and I’m also out in the West End tonight…..(although I live here so it that isn’t that unusual!!). 

😂 I am most definitely a case of you can take the girl out of Paisley etc…. 

We were in the Grosvenor cafe or whatever it is called now. It is lovely but it is also pretty big ,  I imagine it could seem a bit soulless at times .
There was a DJ and he was playing loads of retro type music , it was a great laugh. There was 9 of us and we were on a long table just below the DJ, there was a group of asian guys at the other end and another group of really young guys across from us. They werent giving a damn up dancing to Abba despite the group of cool chicks sitting near them sniggering. We were all dancing away at our tables, then Paradise by the Dashboard light came on ! It was like I had been transported back to 1985 😁 I was a baw hair away from hauling myself onto the table . Turned out a great night. 

Hope you got your karaoke ! 

• 4 weeks later...