Scottish Cup 22 - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup 22

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Some pretty poor decisions from Madden for both sides but there wasn’t anything that would have influenced the outcome of the match. 

The winner was possibly offside.

The handball, which shouldnt have been given was possibly inside the box. Im not sure what the rules are with handball. Is it where the ball is or the player. Barasic foot was on the line so therefor inside the box. That would make any part of the ball at least close to being the same.

At the other end Celtic had a 1 on 1 that was yards offside but player pulled it wide.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

The handball, which shouldnt have been given was possibly inside the box. Im not sure what the rules are with handball. Is it where the ball is or the player. Barasic foot was on the line so therefor inside the box. That would make any part of the ball at least close to being the same.

At the other end Celtic had a 1 on 1 that was yards offside but player pulled it wide.

The winner wasn’t offside. And if we’re saying it “possibly” was then it’s understandable how the ref could potentially miss it at real time (unlike the Celtic one where as you say he’s about 3 years off with the linesman looking right it at). For me the worst decisions were not to book McGregor or Lundstram but don’t think that impacted the game in anyway. I’d also argue that the free kick that led to Celtic’s goal was incredibly soft. 

46 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

There was another one miles offside when kyogo was through but Bassey caught him.

I believe handball rules are point of contact not where you body is. 

There is actually a decision that isn't getting talked about aswell and that is Taylor's goal. Kyogo is offside and in McLaughlin's field of vision. Is he interfering enough to chalk the goal off, I'm not sure. But it would have definitely gone to a VAR review.

IMG-20220417-WA0005.jpg

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Some pretty poor decisions from Madden for both sides but there wasn’t anything that would have influenced the outcome of the match. 

Come on, be honest. Lundstrom should have been sent off. How many times he got away with it was shocking. Madden was an embarrasment. I'm over it now. The league and automatic CL is ours, to throw away. Mon the jambos in the final..

The winner wasn’t offside. And if we’re saying it “possibly” was then it’s understandable how the ref could potentially miss it at real time (unlike the Celtic one where as you say he’s about 3 years off with the linesman looking right it at). For me the worst decisions were not to book McGregor or Lundstram but don’t think that impacted the game in anyway. I’d also argue that the free kick that led to Celtic’s goal was incredibly soft. 

Both those players should've seen red IMO. 

Im talking about moments where VAR would have been used / useful. Ive only seen the winning Rangers goal a couple of times but the angles shown looked borderline offside to me.

VAR wouldnt have changed Lundstrum decisions. That was just poor refereeing.

Refs performance all round yesterday was very poor.

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Come on, be honest. Lundstrom should have been sent off. How many times he got away with it was shocking. Madden was an embarrasment. I'm over it now. The league and automatic CL is ours, to throw away. Mon the jambos in the final..

Lundstram was a red as much as McGregor was. I notice you’ve not mentioned the terrible decision not to flag for offside when the Celtic player was clearly about 3 yards off, the incredibly soft free kick that led to Celtic’s goal or the debatable offside for that goal mentioned above. As I said, there were some pretty poor decisions all round, it wasn’t just one team that was on the receiving end. 

51 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Lundstram was a red as much as McGregor was. I notice you’ve not mentioned the terrible decision not to flag for offside when the Celtic player was clearly about 3 yards off, the incredibly soft free kick that led to Celtic’s goal or the debatable offside for that goal mentioned above. As I said, there were some pretty poor decisions all round, it wasn’t just one team that was on the receiving end. 

Yes it was.!! 🤣🤣

Jesus. Scott Brown and Lennon got away with the enforcer role in so many games. How many bookings should have been dished out to them? On another day Lundstram could have got 2 yellow but this time he didn't. He was instrumental in disrupting the game plan. Rangers won that game fair and square. 

12 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Jesus. Scott Brown and Lennon got away with the enforcer role in so many games. How many bookings should have been dished out to them? On another day Lundstram could have got 2 yellow but this time he didn't. He was instrumental in disrupting the game plan. Rangers won that game fair and square. 

Oh my goodness. The glue is strong with this one..

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Madden was your 12th man...

Weird that you didn't seem to have a problem with him at the game at Parkhead where you won.  It's almost like you're  a big wean who throws his toys out the pram when things don't go your way.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Weird that you didn't seem to have a problem with him at the game at Parkhead where you won.  It's almost like you're  a big wean who throws his toys out the pram when things don't go your way.

Did your order your Red white and blue specs from Amazon by chance? Nearly everyone who has commented on this thread has agreed Madden was fuckin hopeless. The man is hun, we all know this, so stop denying it, but that is the hun way... Has been since you're club were founded 10 year ago..

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Good final so far.

Not a good final at all. Post 60mins one team went far too negative hoping they could drag their opponent into the deep waters of extra-time, or force them to re-live their shootout hell of Wednesday night. Crazy plan. No shortage of effort and some good defending from Souttar in particular but the quality in the final third from both teams during the 90 was seriously lacking. Would have been interesting if Hearts had more of a go, they didn't and were duly punished when Rangers brought on their in-form players for the late stages/extra-time.