Arnold Clark Warranty - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Arnold Clark Warranty

Just had my MOT failed at AC due to a broken suspension spring, They quoted me 140 to fix it which I stupidly said yes to without realising I had purchased their two year mechanical warranty which if i'm reading it properly then this part is covered, They're closed at the mo (Service dept) but i'm sure once i call them on Monday they can sort it out? anybody had any experiences along these lines?

8 hours ago, dj mick said:

Just had my MOT failed at AC due to a broken suspension spring, They quoted me 140 to fix it which I stupidly said yes to without realising I had purchased their two year mechanical warranty which if i'm reading it properly then this part is covered, They're closed at the mo (Service dept) but i'm sure once i call them on Monday they can sort it out? anybody had any experiences along these lines?

Yeah, they’ll tell you that, yes, that oart is indeed covered, but the parts they have to remove aren’t, so that’s what you’re paying for. Arnold Clark really are a shower of cunts with everything they do. 

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Yeah, they’ll tell you that, yes, that oart is indeed covered, but the parts they have to remove aren’t, so that’s what you’re paying for. Arnold Clark really are a shower of cunts with everything they do. 

Having read the small print it seems the warranty i "Purchased" only covered me for 60 days or 4k miles, why the hell I would have plumped for that option i'll never know,, Here we go ,,,

37 minutes ago, dj mick said:

Having read the small print it seems the warranty i "Purchased" only covered me for 60 days or 4k miles, why the hell I would have plumped for that option i'll never know,, Here we go ,,,

Are you sure that wasn't the "free" warranty option? If you opted for a two year warranty they would have charged you a fair bit extra. Car dealerships make a fair chunk of their profits from selling folk stuff like that. 

My husband is in the motor industry and thinks it is unlikely this will be covered. They will wriggle out of it as ‘wear and tear’, if indeed it is covered at all.  

He has few positive words to say about AC. They are fine until something goes wrong , but it often goes wrong. 

Update,, turns out I did indeed pay £499 for two years mechanical warranty without realising! (guy probably said it was an extra tenner a month or something) so I took it, anyway I'm fully covered for the repair so alls good, 

3 hours ago, dj mick said:

Update,, turns out I did indeed pay £499 for two years mechanical warranty without realising! (guy probably said it was an extra tenner a month or something) so I took it, anyway I'm fully covered for the repair so alls good, 

Except you paid £499 for a £140 repair. 😉 You'll need to break something else now to make sure you get your money's worth. Seriously though, that's a bit of good news for you. 👍

3 hours ago, dj mick said:

Result ! 👍 At 500 quid though even AC would have struggled to reject your claim.  But thats great news and you will now feel some justification in taking out the warranty. 

31 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Except you paid £499 for a £140 repair. 😉 You'll need to break something else now to make sure you get your money's worth. Seriously though, that's a bit of good news for you. 👍

Absolutely spot on, Next time I'll be more careful, but yeah 499 for a 140 repair,, the irony is my bro in law is a mechanic who said he could have changed the spring in twenty mins for £30!!

23 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Result ! 👍 At 500 quid though even AC would have struggled to reject your claim.  But thats great news and you will now feel some justification in taking out the warranty. 

TBF the where pretty good about it,, as they should be, lol