Bible John - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The latest two part documentary initially shown in November is being repeated on BBC2 with part 1 being the other night.

So many questions as to why he was never caught

The only definitive new aspects was that it definitely wasnt Sutcliffe or Tobin.

If the culprit was alive today he would be in his late 70s/early 80s

There must have been hundreds, if not thousands, of suspects given to the Police from the general public but all have been eliminated 

If he was a loner there must have been a neighbour that was suspicious you would think

If he was living with someone they must have been suspicious too 

Also why did he stop ? It does happen but it is unusual with a serial killer who gets sexual gratification

Can the TAMB solve the mystery ?

I’m old enough to just about remember him and certainly the investigation was active long after he went quiet.  That photo fit is ingrained in my memory though  

There’s a few obvious explanations as to why he stopped, died, moved away, was imprisoned for another offence. 

There’s some parallels with the Yorkshire Ripper in that the cases weren’t initially linked, possibly because the police didn’t investigate too closely as the victims were initially considered as “women of low morals”

22 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Fred  West ?

Eliminated by DNA

What is interesting is that all 3 victims were "at that time of the month"

There is no way the killer would know this until there was some suggestion of sex and maybe that's what set him off. 

So it is probable that he was a lothario and had been with many women 

Having watched the 2 part documentary I couldnt understand how someone who was 6 foot tall with  ginger hair and his  front 2 teeth  crossed, I cant imagine there would be that many who would fit that profile, it really was and still is amazing that he wasn't caught. The police at that time obviously tried their best but the didn't have the technology that they have now,  he was Glasgows Jack the ripper  he probably disappeared to another country as he at that time was described as a cut above which made me think he had the resources to quite easily disappeared, he probably went abroad the only thing we can hope is if he's dead it was slow and very painful. I grew up not far from Earl Street Scotstoun having grew up in Knightswood and had secondary school pals who grew up in Earl Street which was were Helen Puttock was murdered . May rest in eternal agony the bastard 

It is still infuriating that Castlemilk John, who shared the taxi with Helen Puttock and her sister, never came forward.

That is cuntish behaviour also

He could easily have contacted the Police anonymously

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

It is still infuriating that Castlemilk John, who shared the taxi with Helen Puttock and her sister, never came forward.

That is cuntish behaviour also

He could easily have contacted the Police anonymously

Edit - he never shared the taxi but was in the company with the 3 of them inside the barrowland ballroom and went to get a bus when the others got the taxi

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Edit - he never shared the taxi but was in the company with the 3 of them inside the barrowland ballroom and went to get a bus when the others got the taxi

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-67066200

Police investigate new Bible John claims from BBC podcast