Killie - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 1/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, Diamond Scot said:

The reason I was thinking about it is that ive always considered Killie to be a top flight club but with the relegation it made me think whether they were any bigger than alot of other clubs who dropped out of the top flight but struggled to make their way back.

Partick, Dunfermilne, Falkirk and even Airdrie.

Not that it matters as clubs are where they are but would be interesting to see where people thought clubs ranked if they were to do a reset and put the clubs in orser of size / achievements etc

I like to think of Killie as being Scotland's biggest club from a town. Maybe Motherwell come close, but if we met in a hypothetical Scottish Cup final I reckon our tickets would sell out first 😉

Btw thanks to duncan II for starting a dedicated Killie thread 🙂

Pity we had to get relegated first 😕

Edited by Toepoke

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

IBtw thanks to duncan II for starting a dedicated Killie thread 

You’re very welcome. Didn’t grow up a Killie fan, but having moved to the town I very much look out for their results and go to the odd game. Quite excited by recent developments and will go more regularly now. Having lived in Wolverhampton for a couple of years and followed Wolves, I like a good community club.

15 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Ash Taylor signed. McInnes rebuild begins...

A really good signing for you.

Our goals against went down when he signed.

They went up when he left, then came back down when he resigned.

Wins most battles in the air, and can chip in with 2-3 goals.

Not too bad carrying the ball out from the back, but his long passes usually go for goal kicks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 5:26 PM, scotlad said:

They will, but Arbroath have proving people wrong all season. It should be an interesting game.

It's Killie's league to lose, TBH. Full time, new and good, IMO, manager in and even an aging Lafferty should do alright in the Championship. Killie to win the league by ten points.

4 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

It's Killie's league to lose, TBH. Full time, new and good, IMO, manager in and even an aging Lafferty should do alright in the Championship. Killie to win the league by ten points.

Mibee, although, having a big budget is no guarantee of success in the Championship. It took Dundee United a few seasons to get out of there.

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

What's the verdict on him? We could certainly use some pace in midfield. 

I think he is a good player who still has potential. He has had limited opportunities this season but I think a run of games will do him the world of good

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

What's the verdict on him? We could certainly use some pace in midfield. 

He looked decent, we were told he was a world beater. Then he would get a game under Mcinnes and then benched for the next 3. Expect him to be wearing a bib one week, CM the next, LB the one after that, benched, then up front.