Killie - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Stephen Glass could do with that manual. 

He could do with a few of the pages I agree but I’d much rather watch Aberdeen under Glass than Mcinnes. The last 3 or 4 years under Mcinnes were mind numbing, boring, negative football playing his favourite players week in week out & nae giving young players a chance or scapegoating them if he did. His 1st few years were good but it became more about him than the team. Best of luck 👍

44 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

He could do with a few of the pages I agree but I’d much rather watch Aberdeen under Glass than Mcinnes. The last 3 or 4 years under Mcinnes were mind numbing, boring, negative football playing his favourite players week in week out & nae giving young players a chance or scapegoating them if he did. His 1st few years were good but it became more about him than the team. Best of luck 👍

I'll take mind numbing borning football that gets us out this league. 

As the mind numbing boring football the last clown churned out had more chance of getting us out the league down the way! 

He's signing an 18 month deal, hopefully it works out for both parties the same way it did with Clarke. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Is this a good appointment for killie?

Given Lennon was interviewed then yes. 

I think it's as good as an appointment that any club in the 2nd tier could even hope for. 

I get it went stale at Aberdeen but his record in the league was as good as any Aberdeen manager in my lifetime just about. 

48 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'll take mind numbing borning football that gets us out this league. 

As the mind numbing boring football the last clown churned out had more chance of getting us out the league down the way! 

He's signing an 18 month deal, hopefully it works out for both parties the same way it did with Clarke. 

Not sure if he was content getting runners up all the time, lost his bottle or felt untouchable until Cormack appeared & took more of an interest in what was happening & demanded the team started entertaining the paying public. Mcinnes wasn’t used to pressure from the chairman & new he was on borrowed time.

19 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Not sure if he was content getting runners up all the time, lost his bottle or felt untouchable until Cormack appeared & took more of an interest in what was happening & demanded the team started entertaining the paying public. Mcinnes wasn’t used to pressure from the chairman & new he was on borrowed time.

TBF every manager has a shelf life, i'm sure Glass would bite your hand off for his record in ten years time. 

Seemed to bottle it at hampden a fair bit right enough but we've not been there since we won the cup in 2012 so it's not exactly top of my priorities just now. 

He SHOULD with the budget he'll have this month do enough to get us out the league with any luck. 

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

TBF every manager has a shelf life, i'm sure Glass would bite your hand off for his record in ten years time. 

Seemed to bottle it at hampden a fair bit right enough but we've not been there since we won the cup in 2012 so it's not exactly top of my priorities just now. 

He SHOULD with the budget he'll have this month do enough to get us out the league with any luck. 

He’s a good manager when he trusts all his players so should do a job for killie. Be prepared for the pensioners bus rolling up wi his new signings 😜

13 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

He’s a good manager when he trusts all his players so should do a job for killie. Be prepared for the pensioners bus rolling up wi his new signings 😜

Last time we got promoted Tommy Burns had himelf, Billy Stark, Ian Porteous, Danny Crainie, Bobby WIlliamson, George McCLuskey, Craig Paterson and Bobby Geddes as main stays so i'll take dads army again and promotion! 

45 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Last time we got promoted Tommy Burns had himelf, Billy Stark, Ian Porteous, Danny Crainie, Bobby WIlliamson, George McCLuskey, Craig Paterson and Bobby Geddes as main stays so i'll take dads army again and promotion! 

I would have Billy Stark in my team now, fantastic player for Aberdeen 👍

56 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

We will be flying in about this diddy league wae the claw end of a hammer noo. 

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. 

Also we will pump Aberdeen next season. One way or another. I can feel it in my water. 

Aberdeen will be in the SPL next season so how will Killie pump them unless it’s in the cup. I do think Arbroath will be a breath of fresh air in the top flight next season tho 👍

13 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Aberdeen will be in the SPL next season so how will Killie pump them unless it’s in the cup. I do think Arbroath will be a breath of fresh air in the top flight next season tho 👍

Arbroath will fall away now they've lost their main man up top. 

Been good this season though but think Part Time will shaft them. 

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Arbroath will fall away now they've lost their main man up top. 

Been good this season though but think Part Time will shaft them. 

Are you refering to Nouble? He's not their main man, and he's only scored 4 goals. Whilst he has done well, and can beat 3 or 4 players, his next move is often to run it out for a goal kick or over cook a pass. A very good player for Arbroath, but you can see why he hasn't played for a bigger team.

Arbroath team revlolves around Stewart, McKenna, O'Brien, Low, Gold and Craigen. Dowds has been very decent as well.

The Lichties probably will fall away - sitting pretty but it could have been even better, I can think of 3 home games, we should have won yet only drew. Its fantastic though, and we'll see.

PS I think McInnes is a great appointment and the boot up yer arse needed to go on and win the league.

In terms of traditional supporter size (not neccesarily attendences), where do Killie rank?

Obviously the Old Firm are out in front but after that are Aberdeen the biggest? Id have thought Hearts and Hibs should be up there and then perhaps the Dundee clubs. I remember reading that Dundee is historically the better supported club in the city but Utd have always seemed bigger to me, perhaps because of my age.

Where do the Ayrshire clubs rank and is there much difference between Killie and Ayr Utd?

12 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

In terms of traditional supporter size (not neccesarily attendences), where do Killie rank?

Obviously the Old Firm are out in front but after that are Aberdeen the biggest? Id have thought Hearts and Hibs should be up there and then perhaps the Dundee clubs. I remember reading that Dundee is historically the better supported club in the city but Utd have always seemed bigger to me, perhaps because of my age.

Where do the Ayrshire clubs rank and is there much difference between Killie and Ayr Utd?

Ayr is the big team.