Carlisle - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Its their attitude. In no decent persons eyes can it be acceptable to talk about their friends all having covid, and laughing,  then boasting about it being even better to travel as its  against the government advice. To think that is wrong  is not being high and mighty,  its being respectful  .

They dont come across as neds and they dont look really drunk, which tbh makes it worse. Pubs are opened everywhere in Glasgow, to travel to Carlisle is something only people trying to make a point would do, exhibitionists are everywhere these days. 

The real culprits IMO however are the BBC . They are desperate for reaction and seem to have succeeded. 

Are they laughing because their friends have covid or because their friends cant come out because they arent well? We dont know so i dont think its fair to jump to the assumption theyre idiots, not that you said that. These two girls havent broken any rules. 

11 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

their eyelashes were way too long to be people trying to make a point.

who knows why they were really there, but prob friends down there or pre arranged girls night out….. whatever it was doesn’t matter, just enjoying themselves within these pish rules……. move along, nothing to see here.

I couldnt and didnt put it better.

I feel a bit sorry for them to be honest. The BBC have totally thrown them under the bus to make a pathetic point out of nothing really, their own segment didn't show any kind of evidence of mass party migration. 

Who gives a fuck? 

Happy New year x

Seems to me the media wanted a "Scots defy Sturgeon" scoop and that's what they got.

The interviewer could have asked "are you not worried that COVID levels are high here" or "are you not worried that you could catch/spread COVID" but no: she asked something like, are you not put off by the Scots Govt advising not to, as if hoping for them to say what they said, no not at all, if anything it encouraged us to.  The girls are just pawns in the game, the broadcasters seem to be at best behaving like sensationalising tabloids and at worst trying to egg on non compliance and undermine public confidence in the measures.  

Not sure why some people seem so certain the Scots Govt measures are wrong. Scientific opinion including SAGE and independent SAGE has generally backed protective measures that most countries are following (England is the outlier in terms of measures, and infections, I wonder why), and there is recent scientific argument in favour of keeping the 10 day isolation as it is. Just today/tonight there have been stories coming out suggesting the UK Govt could have acted too late (see coronavirus thread). At the very least, the jury is out on the measures, but what seems certain is that the media is 'at it'.

18 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's wrong to make generalisations but the only thing missing from the interview was them saying Ranjurs at the end

FFS. Plenty to have a pop at Rangers and their fans for. Any chance we can save the digs for when it’s actually warranted? I’m sure you won’t have to wait that long. 

11 hours ago, ger intae them said:

their eyelashes were way too long to be people trying to make a point.

who knows why they were really there, but prob friends down there or pre arranged girls night out….. whatever it was doesn’t matter, just enjoying themselves within these pish rules……. move along, nothing to see here.

Who knows why they went but if it was long term pre arranged or to meet friends, rather than to just chase a party no matter what the government advice was I will make an appointment to get my eyebrows chiselled first thing tomorrow morning 😊

11 hours ago, CumbernauldJag said:

Are they laughing because their friends have covid or because their friends cant come out because they arent well? We dont know so i dont think its fair to jump to the assumption theyre idiots, not that you said that. These two girls havent broken any rules. 

Doesn’t really matter IMO , Covid has killed tens of thousands of people and continues to do so, its not funny. Substitute the ‘word’ covid with other illnesses that kill large numbers of people and it doesn’t sound that funny. 

11 hours ago, CumbernauldJag said:

I dont really post much here so know it isnt my place . 

It was brave of you to dive in on this thread , it would have been much easier to stick up   a pic of your xmas tree 😊Stick around,  we could do with more posters , different opinions matter. 

11 hours ago, slasher said:

I feel a bit sorry for them to be honest. The BBC have totally thrown them under the bus to make a pathetic point out of nothing really, their own segment didn't show any kind of evidence of mass party migration. 

Who gives a fuck? 

Happy New year x

Absolutely. The BBC dont give a fook so long as they are creating a stooshie. For me , the girls going to Carlisle is pretty unremarkable, but I do think its important to  highlight the National broadcaster’s poor judgment by publishing this. I do give a fuck about that. 

ps tried sending you a pm the other day but  got message saying you weren’t accepting messages. Inbox must be full. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Doesn’t really matter IMO , Covid has killed tens of thousands of people and continues to do so, its not funny. Substitute the ‘word’ covid with other illnesses that kill large numbers of people and it doesn’t sound that funny. 

👍

13 hours ago, slasher said:

Who gives a fuck? 

Happy New year x

They weren't forced to respond in the way they did but yes the BBC are also a disgrace!

15 minutes ago, exile said:

Anyone from the TAMB nightclub posse make it into the Sunday Times? 

image.thumb.png.6646b23f0dd16cf064a9439598374ac9.png

Which one of them had the flag in her purse ?

From left to right

100/1

100/1

100/1

250/1

100/1

James Glossop - 1/25

6 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I just find it strange if you're planning to go to England for a night out, why come here, its not exactly exciting. 

This looks like a prearranged stunt by the media.  Would not be surprised if that pair have been put up to it by the BBC.  Who on earth goes from Glasgow (where pubs were open but with table service) to Carlisle for Hogmanay?  I live in Dumfries and haven't had a night out in Carlisle for about 20 years.  If you went to that amount of trouble to travel, would you not go somewhere with a bit of life about it? Manchester or maybe even Newcastle?  I smell shite.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:31 AM, TDYER63 said:

Absolutely. The BBC dont give a fook so long as they are creating a stooshie. For me , the girls going to Carlisle is pretty unremarkable, but I do think its important to  highlight the National broadcaster’s poor judgment by publishing this. I do give a fuck about that. 

ps tried sending you a pm the other day but  got message saying you weren’t accepting messages. Inbox must be full. 

Oh, sorry about that Tidy, I'll have a look. I haven't been on here much lately. 

On 1/5/2022 at 2:28 PM, slasher said:

I had 47 in my inbox. I've cleared most of them. Not sure how many it holds 🤔

47 ????? Check you Mr Popular 😁 Unless of course they are all from Rossy offering a square go. 

Thats probably why we are having a bit of a hiatus from Ramys selfies, you are hogging the bandwidth for the entire board .

You are still no accepting messages btw.