Billy Gilmour at Norwich - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour at Norwich

thesaint

3 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

What does that even mean? So, if his skin isn't thick enough then he's not good enough? 

Billy Gilmour has only ever known success and adoration. This could cripple him or teach him humility. But it would be unfair to expect him to just take this in his stride. Your own supporters telling you, a kid barely out of your teens, to f*ck off, is not a common thing most player's have to deal with as part of their development.

my point is that as a professional footballer you have to take abuse from away and home supporters.  This should be character building for him.  He should be confident enough in his own ability to say fuck them, I’m bigger than Norwich.  I wouldn’t imagine the likes of a souness or Scott brown would have given a shit in this situation.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Would be gloriously delicious if he went back to Chelsea in January and then played against them in mid-march, to put them down

It would actually, and I can't stand Chelsea!

58 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

my point is that as a professional footballer you have to take abuse from away and home supporters.  This should be character building for him.  He should be confident enough in his own ability to say fuck them, I’m bigger than Norwich.  I wouldn’t imagine the likes of a souness or Scott brown would have given a shit in this situation.

What, being verbally abused by your fans? I'm not sure about that. Scott Brown seems to loved being slagged by opposition supporters - because he's a wind-up merchant - but it must be different if it's your own fans.

17 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I understand your general point, but he is barely out of his teens. That is a hell of a lot to take for someone so young nevermind a player who has been round the block a few times.

I can't remember which Rangers' player said it, but they said they actually felt more at ease without the home support at the stadiums, as it was less pressure and didn't have them on their back. Some say that contributed to the invincible season (I'm not saying that, and don't want to get into a Rangers debate).

16 hours ago, scotlad said:

It would actually, and I can't stand Chelsea!

What, being verbally abused by your fans? I'm not sure about that. Scott Brown seems to loved being slagged by opposition supporters - because he's a wind-up merchant - but it must be different if it's your own fans.

Exactly this. Abuse from your enemies is one thing, abuse from your allies is another.

In an ideal universe Billy would be getting mentored / coached by a Pepe Guardiola type manager to get the best out of him. I think he should try to find someone of a similar ilk who will concentrate on his technique and in my opinion encourage and facilitate him to develop his playing style more akin into to a Cesc Fabregas , Luka Modric.  He seems a better fit for Spanish football at this stage of his career.

• 8 months later...

Probs been mentioned on other threads but…should be worried about his 0 mins of action in the last 3 games? Didn’t get a proper pre season I gather and obvs hasn’t kicked a ball for Brighton. Maybe by March he’ll be back on song, would hate to think this is where he starts to drop of an edge of a cliff after a brilliant start.

3 minutes ago, JECK said:

Probs been mentioned on other threads but…should be worried about his 0 mins of action in the last 3 games? Didn’t get a proper pre season I gather and obvs hasn’t kicked a ball for Brighton. Maybe by March he’ll be back on song, would hate to think this is where he starts to drop of an edge of a cliff after a brilliant start.

As much as I wanted him back in action, it was really pleasing we took care of these matches without him. He's hada pretty tough time over the past year, so needs to get up to speed

48 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Chripper/TDK is currently posting on the main Brentford fans forum for anyone who wants to read his Nobel prize winning ideas.

Just had a look there. He’s still banging the drum about Scotland playing 3 at the back (even though Clarke has recently proven that we can also be successful with a back 4) to a bunch of Brentford fans. 

He must be boring the arse off them. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Scot1  another reincarnation of TDK?

He was a lot more subtle if it was.

He was subtle till he started looking for plaudits after the home match against Ukraine, then his real character came out

14 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Just had a look there. He’s still banging the drum about Scotland playing 3 at the back (even though Clarke has recently proven that we can also be successful with a back 4) to a bunch of Brentford fans. 

He must be boring the arse off them. 

He's definitely got some issues. he must spend his entire day reading football forums

2 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

As much as I wanted him back in action, it was really pleasing we took care of these matches without him. He's hada pretty tough time over the past year, so needs to get up to speed

100% this. A show of our depth that we managed without him, absolutely no doubt in my mind he’d have performed if required but he needs to concentrate on getting himself some game time at Brighton without any added pressure. He’ll be fine and will be back to his old(young)self by the time we get together again.

Chripper just prattles on with his relentless ‘holding midfielder’ , ‘5 at the back’ , ‘double pivot’ & ‘he’ll play for Real Madrid one day’ chat on any forum that’ll have him. 
was almost chased off the brentford forum for talking Scotland more than hickey, but as he was lauding hickey so much, I think they liked the hero worship of one off theirs.

Edited by ger intae them

59 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Oh Aye, remember him?  Was he the same user as englandrgay? 

No - englandrgay was the same as all the bonny incarnations. A couple of other ones as well I think.  I was blocking them as fast as they were appearing.  I suspect bonny is also this tartan tonna character though, spamming the board from a different viewpoint.

Chripper is yet to reappear as far as I can see.

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Hopefully the wee man sorts something out as he's clearly got the ability to be a top player. Wonder if the physical side of the British game doesn't suit him, he might benefit from going abroad where there is a heightened focus on the technical side.

Italy, Spain or Rangers. The latter would guarantee him a game for a couple of seasons.