December 25th - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

December 25th

As a young boy I just assumed what I was told to be true... that Jesus was born on December 25th.

Then, when I got a bit older, I learned that at that time of year the flocks of sheep wouldn't have been in open fields, and moreover, a census which made travelling necessary wouldn't have been issued in that month. 

Later, upon studying the Roman Catholic/pagan compromise, I noted that 3 days after the Winter Solstice (December 21/22) 'Christmas' was really derived from the roots of saturnalia celebrating the resurrection of the sun.

Finally, I thought that if I knew the real date of Jesus' birth (September 11th) all I had to do was count backwards and see what's what.

(I mean, it has to be one of 366 possible dates, right?)

So, studying human gestation...

Human pregnancy can be divided into three trimesters, each approximately three months long: the first, second, and third trimester. The first trimester is from the last menstrual period through the 13th week, the second trimester is 14th–27th week, and the third trimester is 28th–42nd week. Birth normally occurs at a gestational age of about 40 weeks, though it is common for births to occur from 37 to 42 weeks. Labor occurring prior to 37 weeks gestation is considered preterm labor.

Now, not being able to come up with a reason for Jesus to be in the womb any longer than necessary, the shortest official full term pregnancy would be about 37 weeks and a day.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=12&d1=25&y1=2021&m2=09&d2=11&y2=2022

My conclusion is that Jesus was conceived on December 25th and born (after a full term pregnancy) on September 11th.

The celebration for Christians is that Jesus made a way back to the Father (reconciliation) through the cross.

His obedient 'humiliation' started by taking on flesh.

That happened on December 25th.

The true birth date of Jesus has been muddied to hide the same (counterfeit) birth date of the antichrist (on 9/11, which would give too much away for those that like to scheme in the dark).

Luke 1

26: In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth,
27: to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary.
28: And he came to her and said, "Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you."
29: But she was much perplexed by his words and pondered what sort of greeting this might be.
30: The angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
31: And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name Him Jesus.
32: He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give to Him the throne of his ancestor David.
33: He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."
34: Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I am a virgin?"
35: The angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be holy; He will be called Son of God.

Amen 

Merry Christmas, Everyone! 😊