Travel routes - Page 2 - Armenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travel routes

AlfieMoon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Flight booked  via Kiev a non starter so booked Dublin to Antalya with Turkish Airlines and on to Yerevan with Pegasus Air.Return via Antalya direct to Glasgow.Price not too bad

On 1/20/2022 at 11:06 PM, AlfieMoon said:

Seems unusually long.

Can’t remember a charter company doing more than 2 nights. Certainly not common anyway. 

It's a long way to go for a brief trip.

One or two nights in a place so far away and a place you'd be be unlikely to visit without the football.

I haven't booked for this, yet, but I spent a week in Georgia when we went there.

I'd be interested to know if anyone on here will be doing 5+ nights. 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:
  • Dublin - Bratislava on Sunday
  • Vienna - Yerevan on Monday
  • Yerevan - Athens - Edinburgh on Thursday 

All booked for about £260, pretty reasonable considering,

That’s a great price.

J

4 hours ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

Wizzair cancelled flight Vienna to Yerevan on the Mon. Sacking this trip off now that's 3 flight changes on routes. 

We have ended up booking Dublin to Krakow with Ryanair, then Krakow to Yerevan with LOT, all on Sunday.

Cost about £170, already spent a fortune on this trip 🤮

This game certainly shows our devotion travel wise ! Times are a nightmare !

I'm living down south so this is from London - going LOT on the Friday night in Warsaw for a few beers overnight and flight Saturday night arrive silly o'clock Yerevan Sunday morning. Back leaving 4.45 am Wednesday morning arriving about 9.30 am. As well as the crappy times it's no particularly cheap !!!!  

Just now, WeeJohnny said:

This game certainly shows our devotion travel wise ! Times are a nightmare !

I'm living down south so this is from London - going LOT on the Friday night in Warsaw for a few beers overnight and flight Saturday night arrive silly o'clock Yerevan Sunday morning. Back leaving 4.45 am Wednesday morning arriving about 9.30 am. As well as the crappy times it's no particularly cheap !!!!  

Meant to say in case anyone is using LOT breaking the outward leg in Warsaw overnight saved me £100. You need to use the multi city part of the booking flight instead of the return but put in single flight from Yerevan to London back.   

Dublin to Warsaw Modlin Sunday morning

Warsaw Chopin to Yerevan Sunday night

Weds Yerevan to Chisinau to Amsterdam to Edinburgh

Originally had Dublin to Yerevan as one booking with LOT before they cancelled Dublin to Warsaw part, they advised me not to cancel but to travel only on the outward leg and claim refund afterwards so will see how that goes

Cost us around 375 all in but hope to recoup something later on

My whole trip with kiwi.com was cancelled last week because of the stopover in Kyiv . Said I wanted to keep the flights going out but they refused so had to book the whole lot again. Get another email from kiwi.com saying they can only get a flight voucher for the flight home from the sky up airline . I don’t want a voucher !!!!!!! Want my money back FFS 

4 minutes ago, braveheart1962 said:

My whole trip with kiwi.com was cancelled last week because of the stopover in Kyiv . Said I wanted to keep the flights going out but they refused so had to book the whole lot again. Get another email from kiwi.com saying they can only get a flight voucher for the flight home from the sky up airline . I don’t want a voucher !!!!!!! Want my money back FFS 

I've heard a consumer lawyer on LBC (a guy named Dean Dunham).

He has said this again and again; if an airline cancels your flight/s and offers you a voucher, but you want your money back, dig your heals in.

They MUST refund your money if you don't want the voucher.

... one more thing.

Always buy things like flights on a credit-card; then if the company you are dealing with are playing dumb with your rights and your refund, you can ask your credit-card company as a last resort to process something called Section 75 on purchases over £100

On 4/30/2022 at 9:03 PM, RBS said:

Flight booked  via Kiev a non starter so booked Dublin to Antalya with Turkish Airlines and on to Yerevan with Pegasus Air. Return via Antalya direct to Glasgow. Price not too bad

I've just booked the same.

Dublin-Antalya £200+

Antalya-Yerevan £90+

There appear to be some 24 hours bars in Antalya Airport... 

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/guides/antalya-airport-guide.htm

1 hour ago, Joshrodgers97 said:

Our route is :-

10th June 

Edinburgh -> Vilnius via Eindhoven

11th June 

Vilnuis -> Yerevan 

16th June 

Kutasi -> Katowice 

Krakow -> Edinburgh 

All in around £160 

Fantastic price

6 hours ago, Joshrodgers97 said:

Our route is :-

10th June 

Edinburgh -> Vilnius via Eindhoven

11th June 

Vilnuis -> Yerevan 

16th June 

Kutasi -> Katowice 

Krakow -> Edinburgh 

All in around £160 

Superb route lads, that will be some trek to Kutaisi!

20 hours ago, jackhayes17 said:

Superb route lads, that will be some trek to Kutaisi!

Looks like we will leave early morning 15th to spend a day and night in Tbilisi then just a straight 3/4 hour private taxi to the airport on 16th