Travel routes - Armenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travel routes

AlfieMoon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get to many away games these days as I work overseas on a rotational basis and always seem to miss out on the games, think I'll skip the Ireland away trip and fly over to Yerevan after the Ukraine game, was looking at the 9th of June, Lufthansa, Glasgow - Frankfurt - Yerevan, easiest way which I can see 

Was on holiday in Armenia in September, was fantastic, Yerevan was cheap as chips, out with the city even cheaper, loads of good bars and restaurants in Yerevan, similar feel to Tbilisi, loved the 2 trips to Georgia (except for the game's) so looking forward to this one 

Not bothering with Dublin as I did Yerevan on route to the last game in Georgia and loved it, so used the chance of a start from Scotland to do Glasgow-Brussels-Kyiv-Yerevan / Yerevan-Kyiv-London (stansted)-Glasgow and go this for £160 return.

Edited by wanderer

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked Aegean Air.

Heathrow - Athens - Yerevan. Out on the Sunday back very early on Wednesday. 

couple of hours turnaround in Athens.

Looking forward to it (albeit 6 months away). Really enjoyed Georgia.

Still have an option to go to Dublin on the Saturday and then fly back to Bristol first thing on the Sunday.

Presuming Yerevan in June will be scorchio. Considering what September in Tiblisi was like. Thinking of ditching the kilt (wore it out once in the first night in Tiblisi and sweated my tits off). 

J

On 1/10/2022 at 10:29 PM, Bristolhibby said:

Presuming Yerevan in June will be scorchio. Considering what September in Tiblisi was like. Thinking of ditching the kilt (wore it out once in the first night in Tiblisi and sweated my tits off). 

J

Would imagine so. I was across in 2018 and I reckon I'd have melted wearing a kilt.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:29 PM, Bristolhibby said:

Just booked Aegean Air.

Heathrow - Athens - Yerevan. Out on the Sunday back very early on Wednesday. 

couple of hours turnaround in Athens.

Looking forward to it (albeit 6 months away). Really enjoyed Georgia.

Still have an option to go to Dublin on the Saturday and then fly back to Bristol first thing on the Sunday.

J

Went to Tbilisi last time via Yerevan, and for somewhere only 4 hours drive away, it was noticeably hotter (especially at night) and that was in October.

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Went to Tbilisi last time via Yerevan, and for somewhere only 4 hours drive away, it was noticeably hotter (especially at night) and that was in October.

Jesus! Hotter than Tbilisi.

One of only two games where I’ve gone “taps aff”.

Alicante being the other.

J

21 hours ago, saintsparky said:

Was in Yerevan for saints european game...was 36 degrees at 7.00pm KO time...

Really enjoyed it, and definitely looking forward to going back.

Going direct from Dublin via Frankfurt on Lufthansa.

I was thinking about that route but still not committed to Dublin yet.

I’ve got the option of booking separately if I decide later on from Bristol. 

J

On 1/19/2022 at 3:30 PM, jcluk said:

Hoping for a shorter package with direct flight to come up for this one. Wonky Sheep saying they plan to offer a four day/three night package which is too long for me unfortunately. 

Seems unusually long. Especially straight off the back of a Dublin trip.

Can’t remember a charter company doing more than 2 nights. Certainly not common anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My flight from Paris-Riga-Yerevan on the Sunday after the RoI game has been pulled. Now wondering IF we'll get the rest of the flights re-imbursed?? Cancelled the week's apartment already as wife#1 says she's gone off the idea. Still working on the earlier "Moldova/Ukraine trips were brill" route but fear this might not proceed. Anyone with experience in cancelling flights (expedia will only refund the Riga-Yerevan part and I've to claim the others...........barstewards. Took the money fast enough don't they!!