Venue - Page 5 - Ukraine v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

wanderer

While nothing on the venue, Ukraine's manager has said that the squad will be meeting "near Warsaw" before traveling to Glasgow and Yerevan for the games there and returning to Poland for the Scotland game.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with any of the posts on here about it being frustrating and like all on here I'm still waiting to know where to book my flights to but we are hardly gonna look good criticising a nation in the middle of a war with Putin. And god knows what their male supporters are going through in comparison to what we are complaining about. And yeah I absolutely I know and agree there really is no reason at all for them vacillating (I had to look that one up as thought it was something for piles!) as you'd imagine it it really has to be somewhere in Poland. Maybe each time they have to announce playing outside Ukraine it hurts a bit ?. Not looking to be confrontational.... just saying......    

6 minutes ago, WeeJohnny said:

I don't disagree with any of the posts on here about it being frustrating and like all on here I'm still waiting to know where to book my flights to but we are hardly gonna look good criticising a nation in the middle of a war with Putin. And god knows what their male supporters are going through in comparison to what we are complaining about. And yeah I absolutely I know and agree there really is no reason at all for them vacillating (I had to look that one up as thought it was something for piles!) as you'd imagine it it really has to be somewhere in Poland. Maybe each time they have to announce playing outside Ukraine it hurts a bit ?. Not looking to be confrontational.... just saying......    

Their FA website has constant reports on everything from beach football to the war but not a thing on the mens team , it's very odd . It's like they don't want to mention it for whatever reason 

24 minutes ago, WeeJohnny said:

No problem with your view, but for heaven's sake they must at least be letting the SFA what the plan is, otherwise how can they (SFA) plan for the game?

Do you seriously think the SFA don't have some kind of clue where the game will be played some six weeks away?

15 hours ago, WeeJohnny said:

Will we never learn. Just waiting for all that lets sing the Ukraine national anthem bollocks to start up again. Just tell us where it's getting played. Surely that's not too much to ask? 

The game is obviously in Poland. U21s announced their venues for the same international break in Poland and the manager has confirmed his team are meeting there.

Flights to Poland as well and inter-city trains around Poland are cheap. It's not the end of the world, although admittedly not ideal that the exact venue isn't announced yet. If people who are intending to travel haven't speculatively at least booked flights to Poland then god knows what you're waiting on.

38 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

The game is obviously in Poland. U21s announced their venues for the same international break in Poland and the manager has confirmed his team are meeting there.

Flights to Poland as well and inter-city trains around Poland are cheap. It's not the end of the world, although admittedly not ideal that the exact venue isn't announced yet. If people who are intending to travel haven't speculatively at least booked flights to Poland then god knows what you're waiting on.

Not everyone has endless amounts of time to travel round Poland , clearly you have but it’s all very well saying take a train but you do realise that involves extra time , particularly after the match ? You need to leave earlier and come back later to allow time to make flights . God only knows why our own fans seem to want to mitigate the Ukrainians being twats this should have been announced weeks back 

41 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Not everyone has endless amounts of time to travel round Poland , clearly you have but it’s all very well saying take a train but you do realise that involves extra time , particularly after the match ? You need to leave earlier and come back later to allow time to make flights . God only knows why our own fans seem to want to mitigate the Ukrainians being twats this should have been announced weeks back 

The other factor to bear in mind is that until the venue is confirmed, the ticket allocation also remains unknown. 

It is understandable if many consider it's too much of a gamble to book without certainty of venue and allocation.

56 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Also not everyone has the mobility levels  to travel all over a large country!! 

1 hour ago, tattiescone69 said:

Of course it should have been announced weeks ago. They are taking the piss out of us. Nice reward for us bending over backwards to accomadate them in the build up to the World Cup play off. No more of this virtue signaling phoney bullshit. Enough. 

Game got a mention in Polish press yesterday.

Nothing concrete, but says its between Krakow and Lodz (given how Lodz has come in to some scrutiny from both the Ukrainian FA and Dynamo Kyiv, that hints heavily at Krakow) 

Edited by wanderer

20 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

Laughable. Everywhere that the game is likely to be is within a 3 hour radius of the capital at the absolute most. OK that might mean arriving the day before the game and leaving the day after, but surely that's the minimum amount of time anyone would realistically spend there. Otherwise quite literally what is the point. No one is forcing anyone to make it hard for themselves, especially in this day and age when train tickets, flight check ins, accommodation etc is all at your fingertips.

36 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Laughable. Everywhere that the game is likely to be is within a 3 hour radius of the capital at the absolute most. OK that might mean arriving the day before the game and leaving the day after, but surely that's the minimum amount of time anyone would realistically spend there. Otherwise quite literally what is the point. No one is forcing anyone to make it hard for themselves, especially in this day and age when train tickets, flight check ins, accommodation etc is all at your fingertips.

Total nonsense , Krakow isn't within 3 hours of Warsaw on a train for a start(I've done it ) , neither is Lublin . You need to stay the night of the game then travel the next day back to Warsaw , many flights are quite early so there's that . Fly in the day before you may have to wait till the following day ie match day to get a train which isn't what you want either . As I said , it's great if you have plenty time before and after but not everyone has 

1 hour ago, tattiescone69 said:

Total nonsense , Krakow isn't within 3 hours of Warsaw on a train for a start(I've done it ) , neither is Lublin . You need to stay the night of the game then travel the next day back to Warsaw , many flights are quite early so there's that . Fly in the day before you may have to wait till the following day ie match day to get a train which isn't what you want either . As I said , it's great if you have plenty time before and after but not everyone has 

Not sure which route you took but I've done it many times and it was 2 hrs 40 mins last time.

at this rate it will be played on the moon. when i thought the game was going to be played in lodz at first it was ok as there was meant to be three of and and my friend said he would drive but he has pulled out. so im kinda hoping for krakow so we can fly in and out. how many times have we had to play in another part of the country and end on a bus or whatever to get there

5 hours ago, Jagtag said:

Not sure which route you took but I've done it many times and it was 2 hrs 40 mins last time.

Over four hours the time we did it , maybe we had the slow train . Engine broke down in Krakow before the start too and we had to wait for a replacement . that was heading up to the 2-2 game 

57 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Over four hours the time we did it , maybe we had the slow train . Engine broke down in Krakow before the start too and we had to wait for a replacement . that was heading up to the 2-2 game 

In general Polish trains are shocking but the Warsaw to Krakow line is the best in the country by a mile. My other half is Polish and I've travelled all over the country on trains. Soul destroying doesn't come close. I've taken the chance and booked Krakow, if it's not there then train it has to be. 

13 hours ago, wanderer said:

Game got a mention in Polish press yesterday.

Nothing concrete, but says its between Krakow and Lodz (given how Lodz has come in to some scrutiny from both the Ukrainian FA and Dynamo Kyiv, that hints heavily at Krakow) 

God forbid they should come to a decision.

On 8/10/2022 at 7:48 PM, Jagtag said:

In general Polish trains are shocking but the Warsaw to Krakow line is the best in the country by a mile. My other half is Polish and I've travelled all over the country on trains. Soul destroying doesn't come close. I've taken the chance and booked Krakow, if it's not there then train it has to be. 

TBH Krakow is a good shout . If I book it it'll be Gdansk though