Venue - Page 7 - Ukraine v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

wanderer

Wanderer... Re. the Ukrainian Premier League; do you know who's playing where Poland?

I'll probably make a week of it (as usual) and I've seen both the Polish and Ukrainian domestic league fixtures; I just don't know where the Ukrainian teams might play their 'home' matches.

Re. the Polish league, I see both Cracovia and Wisla* are away.

*In researching these fixtures I learned Wisla were actually relegated last season.

Bit of a shock... I had always thought them the 2nd 'biggest' club in Poland.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Northern Ireland it seems to be that the Irish FA have questioned the selection of the ground on the basis that its more than 90 miles from the nearest international airport (even though the original venue played host to their games in June, and has a international airport near by (granted 1 flight a day over the week to places like Gatwick, Vienna, Paris, Dusseldorf), but this seems to have been requested back in June, and only confirmed today.

With regards to Ukraine, yesterday parliament voted through Marshall Law was extended though to November, and I suspect the Ukrainian FA were holding on to this slither of hope that they could plead their case for the game to be in Lviv at this months UEFA FA's meeting (hence there was some movement from the Ukrainian end on Friday about tickets and venue for their games).

Good info. Going by what you said about marshall law there should be no reason to hold off any longer in naming a venue in Poland. 

9 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Wanderer... Re. the Ukrainian Premier League; do you know who's playing where Poland?

I'll probably make a week of it (as usual) and I've seen both the Polish and Ukrainian domestic league fixtures; I just don't know where the Ukrainian teams might play their 'home' matches.

Re. the Polish league, I see both Cracovia and Wisla* are away.

*In researching these fixtures I learned Wisla were actually relegated last season.

Bit of a shock... I had always thought them the 2nd 'biggest' club in Poland.

Only European games are in Poland, Dynamo and Shakhtar are busing in and out between games with Dynamo moving back in to their old ground, and Shakhtar moving into the Olympic stadium for their domestic games.

Shakhtar are basing themselves in Warsaw full time on non-match days, and Dynamo are playing their European games in Lodz.

Yes, Wisla have had some money issues in recent years, and Jakub Błaszczykowski (as in former Dortmund player) buying the club and doing a total rebrand of the club.... but yes, they went down last season.

With exception of 2000-2010, I do not think they have been considered a force of any kind in Polish football since before and after then.

Edited by wanderer

4 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Good info. Going by what you said about marshall law there should be no reason to hold off any longer in naming a venue in Poland. 

Just been sent a DM from contact at Ukrainian fa, and venue going to be named "very soon"

45 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Northern Ireland it seems to be that the Irish FA have questioned the selection of the ground on the basis that its more than 90 miles from the nearest international airport (even though the original venue played host to their games in June, and has a international airport near by (granted 1 flight a day over the week to places like Gatwick, Vienna, Paris, Dusseldorf), but this seems to have been requested back in June, and only confirmed today.

With regards to Ukraine, yesterday parliament voted through Marshall Law was extended though to November, and I suspect the Ukrainian FA were holding on to this slither of hope that they could plead their case for the game to be in Lviv at this months UEFA FA's meeting (hence there was some movement from the Ukrainian end on Friday about tickets and venue for their games).

They've definitely been stalling for something , and playing in Ukraine seems the most likely reason . Maybe hoping if they wait long enough UEFA will crumble and allow it in Lviv 

49 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

They've definitely been stalling for something , and playing in Ukraine seems the most likely reason . Maybe hoping if they wait long enough UEFA will crumble and allow it in Lviv 

Maybe, but I cannot see how anybody - not even the UAF - would conclude an international match with a partisan home crowd and visiting players/fans could be played within Ukraine right now - Unless they were pushing for a behind-closed-doors match. I can't imagine the player's club's would be too pleased with that.

I'm irritated at the lack of venue announcement, but I'm equally irritated that nobody - especially the SFA - have explained this delay to us.

UEFA have confirmed that our upcoming Nations League away fixture against Ukraine will be played at the Stadion Cracovii in Kraków.

We will update with a sales schedule as soon as possible.

S f.a.confirmed..👍😎

I'm only on 16 points so going to wait until sales schedule to see if I get a ticket i'm feeling a little glass half empty right now,  They will easily fill their seats as its on 15k capacity, I live in hope they give us as many tickets as we want due to the delay in advising us the location......

Officially they only have to give us 5% and as its only 15K capacity so 750 tickets which is 22+ points only will get tickets.  As the SFA has emailed us and asked us to complete the Poll whether we plan to travel to Poland I have a feeling they will use this data to obtain rough figures to apply for a higher allocation.  even 10% only goes to to approx 18 points.  I'm on 16 points and did not book flights until location confirmed and now flights from Edinburgh have went from £141 to over £300 so unfortunately that's out my budget.   Forgetting about officially allocations and thinking more on a morale obligation id be surprised if they did not offer us at least 2-3K worth of tickets due to the short notice.  

On 8/28/2022 at 2:08 AM, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

Any update on allocation? I imagine ssc sending out survey they are hoping for an adequate allocation.

Aye, I'd expect an update Tues/Wed this week... 

With now just over 3 weeks til the game and still nothing about the allocation, is it likely that lots won’t travel? Will this mean those of us a bit further down the points ladder may have a chance to get to the game? Or is it still likely to only go as far as 12 points? 
I know this will be a guess as the allocation is still not been announced but I am guessing some may want to wait for confirmation before spending their money on travel/ accommodation? Or does everyone gamble and have a few days away anyway? 

14 hours ago, glesgadan said:

With now just over 3 weeks til the game and still nothing about the allocation, is it likely that lots won’t travel? Will this mean those of us a bit further down the points ladder may have a chance to get to the game? Or is it still likely to only go as far as 12 points? 
I know this will be a guess as the allocation is still not been announced but I am guessing some may want to wait for confirmation before spending their money on travel/ accommodation? Or does everyone gamble and have a few days away anyway? 

Personally I'm booked up - I'm quite far down the ladder points wise so not holding up too much hope but always wanted to see Krakow and the wife is pleased to see the back of me for a few days !! Worst comes to the worst hope to get in to home end as usual or last resort a pub somewhere.