Venue - Page 3 - Ukraine v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

wanderer

46 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Manufaktura looks like the area in Warsaw I was in a few months ago, same kind of thing, was an industrial estate in the 1800s, then a vodka (Wyborowa) distillery and converted, was fkin magic. Fkin love Poland. 

I concur. Poland is a great country.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WeeJohnny said:

Don't want to pee the others off here by going off topic but you mention Kaunas - what's it like ? Lucky to do Minsk and Vilnius just before the world went crazy but now have a choice of where to take my 20 year old son some place in September and was thinking of Kaunas /other Baltic states or Montenegro - I've only been to the capita of Montenegro ?  Any tips / thoughts you any one else? Likely to be one of those last father / son trips before he gets shackled !      

Worked in Albania and Montenegro for 13 years. You've already nailed Albania in a previous post.

For Montenegro, Podgorica (the capital) is pleasant enough, but the real value is on the coast, namely Kotor Bay, Portonovi, Sveti Stefan, Petrovac and Ulcinje. Probably pretty much in that order. Also the road trip from Podgorica through the gorge to Koalasin - and the Tara River gorge near the national park at Durmitor.

Feel free to PM me if I can be more helpful on either Albania or Montenegro.

Re: Lodz, in his press conference after the game last night, Lucescu (Dynamo Kyiv manager) was very critical of the stadium after Dynamo's Champions League qualifier v Fenerbahce.

There was only a crowd of 11k there and the majority of that was Turkish fans.

5 hours ago, wanderer said:

Re: Lodz, in his press conference after the game last night, Lucescu (Dynamo Kyiv manager) was very critical of the stadium after Dynamo's Champions League qualifier v Fenerbahce.

There was only a crowd of 11k there and the majority of that was Turkish fans.

So he's blaming the lack of Kyiv fans on it being too far away but Turkey is even further ?

1 hour ago, tattiescone69 said:

So he's blaming the lack of Kyiv fans on it being too far away but Turkey is even further ?

Imagine a lot of Turks in Poland and Germany.... Dynamo seemed to have misjudged that Ukrainian refugee's who have fled to Poland are women and children, and have more on their minds than attending a football match.

Edited by wanderer

44 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Imagine a lot of Turks in Poland and Germany.... Dynamo seemed to have misjudged that Ukrainian refugee's who have fled to Poland are women and children, and have more on their minds than attending a football match.

A fair point , wonder what the manager sees as a solution , presumably all they can do is ask for a ground as Far East in Poland as they can get . Have the horrid feeling they’re stringing it out hoping to play in Ukraine which won’t happen , but god knows when they’ll concede that we may wait a while yet 

8 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

Huge amount of Turks in Poland and Germany.They sometimes get bigger support away from home than they do at home games.

I think the Ukrainian national team staff were complaining about Lodz last time too, it's always going to difficult for them getting a decent crowd/atmosphere given the circumstances! I do wish they'd hurry the fk up tho. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:40 AM, wanderer said:

Ukrainian FA have been working this week to get firm details of the restart of the Ukrainian football league, which will be 25th of August I believe.

Will it be a complete top-flight? Have all Ukrainian professional footballers now been given permission to leave the country?

On 7/22/2022 at 12:10 PM, Bzzzz said:

it's always going to difficult for them getting a decent crowd/atmosphere given the circumstances!

It would appear the Dynamo Kiev Coach isn't living in the real world.

As Wanderer said; the vast majority of refugees who have fled Ukraine are women and children with more important things on their minds.

The situation is what it is and those involved in Ukrainian football should be grateful to be doing what they are doing; whilst other souls are fighting the Russians.

As for our away fixture. We were strung along for six and a half weeks for the play-off and they're stringing us along now.

When your opponents (and especially the opposing fans) have bent over backwards to accommodate you, it would be nice if they treated us with some respect.

The war isn't touching these football people. They're well out of it.  

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

The venue should have been announced by the 29th June.

This Wednesday, they'll actually be 4 weeks late in naming it.

FOUR effing weeks.

9 weeks tomorrow . Be nice if our useless FA got off their arses and put pressure on Ukraine/ UEFA  to announce it

4 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

9 weeks tomorrow . Be nice if our useless FA got off their arses and put pressure on Ukraine/ UEFA  to announce it

I emailed SFA today. Reply was basically; we've enquired and will share with the supporters as soon as we receive confirmation.

They didn't actually answer my question with regards to WHAT is actually causing the delay.

I want to know where will the match be, but I also want to know why they are f*cking us about for the 2nd time this year and getting away with it.

3 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I emailed SFA today. Reply was basically; we've enquired and will share with the supporters as soon as we receive confirmation.

They didn't actually answer my question with regards to WHAT is actually causing the delay.

I want to know where will the match be, but I also want to know why they are f*cking us about for the 2nd time this year and getting away with it.

Agreed, would be nice if the SFA actually kept us in the loop and expressed the displeasure that for a second time we are being jerked around. 

Fair play we were fine with it re the playoffs but as has been said, when someone does you a favour, you don’t then take a dump on their bed.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Agreed, would be nice if the SFA actually kept us in the loop and expressed the displeasure that for a second time we are being jerked around. 

Fair play we were fine with it re the playoffs but as has been said, when someone does you a favour, you don’t then take a dump on their bed.

J

Don't expect anything from that spineless mob at the sfa. They are all too happy to be shat on from a great height as long as they think they will look good in the eyes of the rest of the world. We have bent over backwards for Ukraine only to be rewarded with this pish. The old saying holds true. Give them an inch and they will take a mile. They must love it when they play us. Mugs of world football... AGAIN. 

40 minutes ago, Newryrep said:

Łódź stadium ( the new one ) is fine - tram from city centre about 10 mins 

Łódź the town - 2-3 days max as not really a lot there bar the main strip an£ the manufacturer centre 

Two big stadiums in the city.

Think they're both new; Widzew certainly is because I was at the old one just before they rebuilt it.

Being Poland, there's some Dark Tourism to visit.

25 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Think they're both new; Widzew certainly is because I was at the old one just before they rebuilt it.

We were in the LKS STADIUM it was pretty new though not a lot out there 

13 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

wtf is "dark tourism"? lol

23 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

It would appear the Dynamo Kiev Coach isn't living in the real world.

As Wanderer said; the vast majority of refugees who have fled Ukraine are women and children with more important things on their minds.

The situation is what it is and those involved in Ukrainian football should be grateful to be doing what they are doing; whilst other souls are fighting the Russians.

As for our away fixture. We were strung along for six and a half weeks for the play-off and they're stringing us along now.

When your opponents (and especially the opposing fans) have bent over backwards to accommodate you, it would be nice if they treated us with some respect.

The war isn't touching these football people. They're well out of it.  

Couldn't agree more. Is kind of taking the pash noo. 

So, the announcement is 4 weeks late, today.

IIRC, when we were in that qualifying group with France, Italy, Ukraine, Georgia, etc... Back in the days when the associations negotiated the fixtures, I'm sure Ukraine were a pain in the arse that time too.

I heard they had been difficult and then left the meeting early; leaving the other associations to sort it out and then Ukraine refused to accept what had been agreed.