SPOTY 2021 - nominations announced to a tremulously quiveringly excited world. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SPOTY 2021 - nominations announced to a tremulously quiveringly excited world.

I should actually know better. In making my assumption, I assumed that Squirrelhumper had omitted a full stop after, "no", and that he disagreed with the suggestion that Josh Taylor should have been nominated because he was, "a disgrace". I've reflected on several things and I realise that Squirrelhumper comes from a family of teachers and is very competent in his use of appropriate punctuation. I should, therefore, have known better and it's a massive brass neck for me. Sorry.

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I'd like to point out to Josh that we all realise that I made a genuine mistake here and that it was all the fault of Squirrelhumper for not making his post clearer.

I’d like to point out that I pm’d SH to clear it up and he did actually mean he’s a disgrace. 

Josh, if you’re reading this, he also said he’d happily put you on your arse and take the belts off you with ease……

On 12/16/2021 at 1:19 PM, vanderark14 said:

Taylor is right to fuck them off as is Tyson fury. 

It's an agenda driven pile of shite award.

Yep, a smug, back-slapping exercise hosted by Gary Lineker and Gabby Logan, two people whose sense of self-worth could generate enough electricity to power the entire broadcast.

It must be the first time two divers have been nominated though.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Yep, a smug, back-slapping exercise hosted by Gary Lineker and Gabby Logan, two people whose sense of self-worth could generate enough electricity to power the entire broadcast.

It must be the first time two divers have been nominated though.

Surely Dalys partner should be nominated too? Isn’t he a synchronised diver?

11 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Wife has got this bloated Britfest on. I see England footballers were team now of the year. Fine achievement getting through to European finals. However Scotland's women and men not only got through to European championship finals but actually won them. Well done our curlers!  

Last week Eve Muirhead qualified for her fourth Olympics and she barely got a mention on the EBC.

Scotland are also current World Champions in the mixed doubles.

Bruce Mouat is possibly regarded as the best curler in the world right now, and I would guess that most Scottish folk have never heard his name. The EBC are not interested in anything that Scotland might be quite good at.