Formula 1 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Formula 1

vanderark14

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Mercedes have brought their QC to the meeting.

I don't know enough about this.  Are Mercedes clutching at straws?

Me either but this is more exiting than the race 😄

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm no fan of this sport but that was one very controversial and entertaining finish to the season.

All my family love watching it, apart from the start I could never watch the whole race as I think it’s boring, but today I had it on in background while I was doing other things, I am sure my heart started racing😄 when verstappen took lead, can’t stand Hamilton.

I have a passing interest in F1 and it looks to me like Mercedes were shafted.  Rules state that all the lapped cars must unlap themselves before the safety car ends and racing can resume however only the 5 between Verstappen and Hamilton had done so by the time the safety car moved out the road.  In addition they had initially said that unlapped cars would not unlap themselves (meaning Verstappen would have needed to pass them before having a pop at Hamilton) and they changed that directive at literally the last second.  I'm not a Hamilton fan but can see why he would feel pretty hard done by.

Sorry but lets put the raging hate for Hamilton to one side eh?

It was a calamitous fucked up decision by Michael Masi that broke the FIA's own race rules concocted in the blink of an eye. I can imaging people on this site being apoplectic should we miss out on a World Cup spot if we totally dominate a play-off final against Wales and lose when FIFA change the rules giving hand ball against Craig Gordon when he picks up the ball in his own area. That is what this FIA decision amounts to - a clear change to its own strict rules.

Verstappen was floundering and accepting of defeat - this was the only way he was going to win that race the way it was going. It is really ironic that the safety car came out for the crashed Williams powered by ......a Mercedes engine.

• 4 months later...

I enjoy the Formula 1. Just watching the pre race commentary for the Miami Grand Prix. Sky sports making absolute fuds of themselves. It's quite laughable at times.. They are chasing celebrities all over the place. What a joke...

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I enjoy the Formula 1. Just watching the pre race commentary for the Miami Grand Prix. Sky sports making absolute fuds of themselves. It's quite laughable at times.. They are chasing celebrities all over the place. What a joke...

Martin Brundle. What a cock...

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Car safety is incredible now. That would've been a certain fatality in years gone by.

Defo mate. My son had a couple of pals over to watch the race. After the crash happened,I told them a few year ago, he would have been killed instantly. Those cars are worth 24 million American each, they are built for one thing, Speed. He is very lucky to be alive...

• 1 year later...