Nations league 2022 - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nations league 2022

dezmondo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 8:26 AM, Malcolm said:

i worked for an Irish company and the management was full of arrogant chancers with egos way bigger than their ability.  I was astounded by how many druggies and how dirty it was around the city centre office.  Anyway, gladly I didn’t stay long.

Looking forward to pumping them up and down.

Going by your post you sound like the arrogant type yourself mo chara 😉

You'd be wise not to write us off. Since the Luxembourg catastrophe at home, we've been unbeaten in 10 games (I think) and were cheated out of a draw in Portugal and a legitimate goal against them in Dublin. 

Portugal probably expected to pump us too and their arrogance has landed them in a playoff where they'll probably need to beat Italy to qualify for the world cup. 

Scotland are better than us at the moment and I do expect you lot to finish ahead of us but given we've a strong defense and excellent goalkeepers no matter who's playing, I don't see us being pumped by you lot or Ukraine. 

Scotland have a huge advantage with the fixture schedule so I'm not expecting us to finish anything higher than third spot but I think we'll make it difficult for both you and Ukraine. 

Edited by irish

Hey there, good to hear from the Ireland’s perspective. I had noticed your results had started to pick up after a dreadful run. As far as I know the Ireland fans have stood behind Kenny throughout the bad times? I’m expecting a couple of very tight games which could go either way. Exactly the type we used to lose, but lately seem able to get a win. I agree that anyone who thinks we will pump Ireland are getting ahead of themselves.

Personally, I’ve always had a great time when I’ve come to Dublin. Looking forward to the games and hope we get to show how much we’ve improved over the last year or so!

2 hours ago, irish said:

You'd be wise not to write us off. Since the Luxembourg catastrophe at home, we've been unbeaten in 10 games (I think) and were cheated out of a draw in Portugal and a legitimate goal against them in Dublin. 

Portugal probably expected to pump us too and their arrogance has landed them in a playoff where they'll probably need to beat Italy to qualify for the world cup. 

Scotland are better than us at the moment and I do expect you lot to finish ahead of us but given we've a strong defense and excellent goalkeepers no matter who's playing, I don't see us being pumped by you lot or Ukraine. 

Scotland have a huge advantage with the fixture schedule so I'm not expecting us to finish anything higher than third spot but I think we'll make it difficult for both you and Ukraine. 

Firstly, that poster you responded to is most definitely not the voice of the Tartan Army. 

Secondly, I'm really looking forward to our games. It would be great to create a bit of local, friendly rivalry.

I would be interested in the Irish perspective when it comes to their own squad. On paper, it looks like we are going through a bit of a role reversal. I.e circa 2002 you were starting a bit of a golden generation whilst we were the weakest in history. It feels like that has swapped. (No disrespect at all meant by that.)

1 hour ago, The Black Bra said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve been to Dublin 3 times (twice for Scotland games) and always enjoyed it. There are shite sides to every city if you go looking for them.

Dublin is a great city, I'm a bit surprised by some of the negativity towards it on this thread. There are bampots in every city.

Then again, I am from Glasgow so maybe I'm not in the best position to judge! 🤣

18 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Firstly, that poster you responded to is most definitely not the voice of the Tartan Army. 

Secondly, I'm really looking forward to our games. It would be great to create a bit of local, friendly rivalry.

I would be interested in the Irish perspective when it comes to their own squad. On paper, it looks like we are going through a bit of a role reversal. I.e circa 2002 you were starting a bit of a golden generation whilst we were the weakest in history. It feels like that has swapped. (No disrespect at all meant by that.)

Aye, after our recent history we've no right to rubbishing other teams.

From what I've seen of RoI the manager seems to be setting them up to be hard to beat, which makes sense since most of their better players are defenders.

4 hours ago, irish said:

im not writing Ireland off and with Scotland anything is possible but we should beat Ireland given how we have progressed. It’s a local rival match  and i would like to think we approach it and enjoy a victory in exactly the same way as if it was England.

5 hours ago, irish said:

Good to see you back Irish.

Ignore Malcolm, he's a loyal North Briton who is at furious at your country for having the guts to leave his beloved British Empire.

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Good to see you back Irish.

Ignore Malcolm, he's a loyal North Briton who is at furious at your country for having the guts to leave his beloved British Empire.

I am quite happy that Southern Ireland is not part of the British Empire.

Good to see you back, Irish. 

I've noticed a huge improvement in Ireland of late and it'll be a tight game with not much in it either way. Arrogance doesn't suit us at all, so anyway Scots boasting could be left with a lot of custard on their puss come the end of a pretty difficult (tight) group - Ireland v Armenia v Scotland v Ukraine, could go anyway. 

On 1/2/2022 at 1:58 PM, irish said:

If only Rice, Grealish & Bamford didnt realise they were English 

3 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Good to see you back, Irish. 

I've noticed a huge improvement in Ireland of late and it'll be a tight game with not much in it either way. Arrogance doesn't suit us at all, so anyway Scots boasting could be left with a lot of custard on their puss come the end of a pretty difficult (tight) group - Ireland v Armenia v Scotland v Ukraine, could go anyway. 

Cheers Weekevie :)

Ukraine are the unpredictable team in this group given the strange results they've had in not beating Kazakhstan home or away afaik in recent times. 

44 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

26 according to Wikipedia 😊

Wikipedia the source of all things truthful. 

It was always Ireland even when all 32 were under British occupation. 

Anyway we better get back on topic 😂

1 hour ago, irish said:

Cheers Weekevie :)

Ukraine are the unpredictable team in this group given the strange results they've had in not beating Kazakhstan home or away afaik in recent times. 

Dont mention Kazakhstan to us please.....

1 hour ago, irish said:

Wikipedia the source of all things truthful. 

It was always Ireland even when all 32 were under British occupation. 

Anyway we better get back on topic 😂

Wikipedia probably have the huns down for 55 league titles so I wouldn’t believe a word they populate 👍