Nations league 2022 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nations league 2022

dezmondo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have been worse. Would rather have drawn Bosnia or Iceland than Ukraine but at least we've avoided Serbia and, of course, Israel!

Ireland aren't the team they were but their results have improved a wee bit lately. Armenia are a bit of an unknown quantity.

Loving the draws currently!

1st is realistic although all three are tricky aways. Would be confident of 7 points at Hampden.

I assume you get guarenteed a play off for next euros for winning the group so would be a good insurance again to have although with progress of last 6 months I'd be very disappointed not to get top 2 whenever the euro 2024 group draw is made.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

I agree. I worked in Dublin for a while and it’s a pretty horrible place.

I second this!

it's a shitehole, lived there for 6 months.

city centre is full of arrogant feckers.

Malahide for me, and jump on the Dart on match day.

Whilst I'm pretty optimistic about it. One thing it may be worth noting is what sort of squad we will put out for this. With the start of the postponements in club football already over the next month or so and the world Cup in November. 4 games in a matter of number of days in June will there be a lot of withdrawals from squad. I feel now we have a strong enough squad to rotate which we have never had the luxury of doing. I just can't see Robertson, Tierney, etc being released after euros last year and then earlier start in premier league. 

Word of warning with regards to Ukraine venue.

While I am 60% sure it will be Kyiv, good chance it could be played in Lviv, as that is their "lucky" stadium (they say in Ukraine that the people of Lviv will NEVER allow Ukraine to lose there!) and with the short time between games in June, but to take this into account as a strong possibility.

I suspect the result in March will have a factor on this, and also when the game is (June, then 90% Kyiv, but if September and it turns into a "winner takes all" match, then balance tips to Lviv)

1 hour ago, stirlish said:

I second this!

it's a shitehole, lived there for 6 months.

city centre is full of arrogant feckers.

Malahide for me, and jump on the Dart on match day.

i worked for an Irish company and the management was full of arrogant chancers with egos way bigger than their ability.  I was astounded by how many druggies and how dirty it was around the city centre office.  Anyway, gladly I didn’t stay long.

Looking forward to pumping them up and down.

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They are out.

IMG-20211217-WA0008.jpg

Armenia twice in 10 days will be interesting. It could be a huge confidence booster if we can get 6 points off them. 

Ireland are the weakest I've seen them in my lifetime. On paper, we should destroy them, but I know football rarely works out the way you think it will.