Season 21-22, Championship, Div 1-2-3-4-5- Etc.. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Season 21-22, Championship, Div 1-2-3-4-5- Etc..

Thought I would start a thread for any clubs not in the Premier Division. This board is about Scottish football, and all divisions, clubs, should be discussed.. Whether your club is Celtic, Aberdeen, rangers, Hearts, or its Cowdenbeath, Clyde, Raith, Elgin, or Buckfast FC. Every member of this fine board should be able to discuss their football club.. It's not all about the Premier League.... Just reading the Championship has some race for the top. Great stuff. I would love to read about the other divisions in Scottish football. This should give more folk a chance to talk about their club....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yea, Smokies and Wine, we’re having a wonderful season, great part time players playing solid football and a manager that has been about for ages and built a great team, been going to Gayf for 50 years, best team ever and with a progressive sky is the limit. Board is all local to Arbroath and the town is buzzing at the moment, Dick said his goal this season was to avoid relegation, might of just made that, make no mistake we’re going for it and the club have the backing of the town. Thanks for the support, cheers.

8 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Yea, Smokies and Wine, we’re having a wonderful season, great part time players playing solid football and a manager that has been about for ages and built a great team, been going to Gayf for 50 years, best team ever and with a progressive sky is the limit. Board is all local to Arbroath and the town is buzzing at the moment, Dick said his goal this season was to avoid relegation, might of just made that, make no mistake we’re going for it and the club have the backing of the town. Thanks for the support, cheers.

Would be interesting to see what would happen if they were to come up, I assume the ground wouldn’t meet premiership requirements 👀 which is a piss take in itself. Has there been any rumblings of where they would play? Assume tannadice or dens park would be the better option than Aberdeen?

27 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Great story pal. Good luck the rest of the season...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

5 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Respect!

Being a true supporter (and trust me on this) you'll get more satisfaction from promotion to the top tier than a glory hunting Tim seeing 9IAR or a Sevconian seeing their 9 year old club buy their only trophy for 100M.

Sincere best wishes.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Respect!

Being a true supporter (and trust me on this) you'll get more satisfaction from promotion to the top tier than a glory hunting Tim seeing 9IAR or a Sevconian seeing their 9 year old club buy their only trophy for 100M.

Sincere best wishes.

Why the need to bring Celtic into this? Oh and "Glory hunting? Away and have a lie down FFS...I think what Arbroath are doing is fantastic...

11 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

I really hope they do it. Scottish football could do with a story like this

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why the need to bring Celtic into this? Oh and "Glory hunting? Away and have a lie down FFS...I think what Arbroath are doing is fantastic...

Missing the point and making this about you as always. 

12 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

My only experience of Gayfield was with Fraserburgh in the Scottish Cup about 20 years ago. We got a draw and then lost the replay at home. We had a great day out

Coincidentally Fraserburgh are 6 points clear at the top of the Highland League. I would say its the same as a part time team upsetting the full time professionals but we are taking on teams who spend a lot more money.

What are peoples views on the playoff system that operates in the lower leagues. I cant stand it. 

The main reason being that in league 1 and 2 there tends to always be a standout team who are much bettet than the rest. (Normally the side relegated from the Championship). 

This means that every season becomes very stale from about October onwards because at best you are going to be in the playoffs which are very hard to win as you need to beat a team from the division above who tend to have a bigger playing budget etc. 

Id be much more in favour of 2 up, 2 down with 3rd top playing 3rd bottom in a playoff in people wanted to keep that element.  

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

What are peoples views on the playoff system that operates in the lower leagues. I cant stand it. 

The main reason being that in league 1 and 2 there tends to always be a standout team who are much bettet than the rest. (Normally the side relegated from the Championship). 

This means that every season becomes very stale from about October onwards because at best you are going to be in the playoffs which are very hard to win as you need to beat a team from the division above who tend to have a bigger playing budget etc. 

Id be much more in favour of 2 up, 2 down with 3rd top playing 3rd bottom in a playoff in people wanted to keep that element.  

Not much to add as I completely agree with this.

2 up 2 down from every league including the Premiership. 3rd bottom v 3rd top too. 

This would make the bottom 6 mote exciting too

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not much to add as I completely agree with this.

2 up 2 down from every league including the Premiership. 3rd bottom v 3rd top too. 

This would make the bottom 6 mote exciting too

The only downside with it happening in the top league is that it would provide less securiting for midtable sides and possibly discourage playing younger players. (Short termism)

Not saying it shouldnt happen but imo would need to come in alongside other other measures like reducing the gap in prize and tv money from Prem to championship. We dont want teams falling off a cliff if they drop out the prem. 

Would work in a 14 team prem though with a 6/8 split. The bigger clubs should have abit more security in this setup.